|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she loves her.
(b) If she can take her home.
(c) If she wants her to be good.
(d) If she is special to her.
2. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(b) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(c) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
3. What does Sheila want to discuss over and over?
(a) She wants to talk about how her mother abandoned her.
(b) She wants to discuss Torey's absence over and over.
(c) She wants to talk about how Torey visited her house.
(d) She wants to talk about why she couldn't go on the field trip.
4. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
(b) She works with the blocks on her own.
(c) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(d) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
5. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
(c) Soft spoken.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
2. What activity was the class doing when Sheila first participated with the other students?
3. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
4. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
5. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)