|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
(a) She was unsure and wanted to visit the students before deciding.
(b) She had reservations.
(c) She was excited.
(d) She declined it.
2. What does Sheila do when Torey finishes the math work with her and tells her to put the blocks away?
(a) She works with the blocks on her own.
(b) She walks back to the quiet chair and sits.
(c) She goes to the corner and watches all of the other students.
(d) She puts the blocks away and reads with the other kids.
3. What does Shelia do with the items Torey attempts to use during her math time?
(a) She refuses to do anything with them at all.
(b) She shoves them into Torey's face.
(c) She throws them across the room at another student.
(d) She hides them under her chair and desk.
4. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Peter screams and runs from the room.
(b) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
(c) Max stabs her with a pencil.
(d) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
5. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(b) Because the child needs Torey.
(c) Because only Torey can handle this student.
(d) Because this child is a special case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
2. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
3. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
4. Who does Shelia live with?
5. What does Sheila declare about the classroom and Torey?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)