|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Freddie's mother come to visit Torey?
(a) Because Freddie is not making appropriate progress.
(b) Because Sheila has been hurting Freddie.
(c) Because Freddie is afraid of Sheila.
(d) Because Freddie has been coming home vomiting.
2. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(b) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(c) So she will feel safe.
(d) So she cannot move.
3. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
(a) High intellect.
(b) Refusal to talk to the other students.
(c) Ability to read anything.
(d) Speech pattern.
4. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fifth grade math test.
(b) A fourth grade math test.
(c) A fourth grade reading assignment.
(d) A fifth grade reading assignment.
5. How does Anton calm down Whitney's mother?
(a) He yells back at her for treating Whitney so harshly.
(b) He shows her the humor in the situation.
(c) He takes her for a long walk.
(d) He takes her to the lounge for coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
2. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
3. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
4. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
5. What does Sheila say she will write if she is given a piece of paper?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)