|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
(a) Just before summer break.
(b) Just after Thanksgiving break.
(c) Just after Christmas vacation.
(d) Just after the year begins.
2. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they do not understand education.
(b) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(c) Because they lack empathy skills.
(d) Because they pity her students.
3. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(b) She has signs of current abuse.
(c) She is afraid of taking a bath.
(d) She has many scars on her little body.
4. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
(a) A fourth grade math test.
(b) A fifth grade reading assignment.
(c) A fourth grade reading assignment.
(d) A fifth grade math test.
5. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(b) Uses a child safety gate.
(c) Plays music that soothes the students.
(d) Locks the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
3. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
4. What does Chad bring to Torey after her favorite show ends?
5. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)