|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Torey give to Sheila?
(a) A magazine.
(c) Hair clips.
(d) Wash cloth and towels.
2. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
(a) Blaming other people for her acts.
(b) Hiding from Torey and Anton.
(c) Getting out of having to do her work.
(d) Exacting revenge.
3. Why does Sheila refuse to accept the gift that Torey gives to her?
(a) She doesn't to show Torey how she feels.
(b) She does not like the present.
(c) She is afraid it will be ruined at her home.
(d) She says her father will not let her keep them.
4. What does Sheila reveal in her writing?
(a) She misses her little brother Jimmie.
(b) She did not mean to hurt the little boy.
(c) She wants to run away and find her mother.
(d) She wets the bed and is often beaten by her father for it.
5. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
(a) She cries.
(b) She wads up the paper and throws it.
(c) She tears up the paper.
(d) She does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other students tell Torey about when she comes in?
2. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
3. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
4. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)