|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
(a) She agrees to talk to her father for her.
(b) She agrees to find a different present.
(c) She agrees to keep them at school.
(d) She agrees to take them back.
2. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of peace.
(b) Moment of social awareness.
(c) Moment of understanding.
(d) Moment of learning.
3. What does Sheila do at the end of the day after the other students are gone?
(a) Walks around the classroom aimlessly.
(b) Eats all of the leftover toppings from the cooking lesson.
(c) Goes to the bathroom to clean off the chocolate.
(d) Goes to the quiet chair and sits to wait for her bus.
4. What does Torey indicate Sheila is very good at doing?
(a) Blaming other people for her acts.
(b) Getting out of having to do her work.
(c) Exacting revenge.
(d) Hiding from Torey and Anton.
5. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
(a) Just before summer break.
(b) Just after Christmas vacation.
(c) Just after the year begins.
(d) Just after Thanksgiving break.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
2. Who will Sheila be riding the bus with?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
4. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
5. How does Sheila indicate to Torey that she is ready to complete the math activities?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)