|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
(a) Just after Thanksgiving break.
(b) Just before summer break.
(c) Just after the year begins.
(d) Just after Christmas vacation.
2. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
3. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(b) So she will feel safe.
(c) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(d) So she cannot move.
4. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(b) It contains too much information for such a young child.
(c) It is very censored.
(d) It is very thin.
5. How does Torey describe Anton?
(a) Good with the kids, but unable to help with academics.
(b) Surprisingly well educated.
(c) Patient and good with the kids.
(d) Understanding and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
2. How does Torey begin each day?
3. Who does Shelia live with?
4. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)