|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(b) Because the child needs Torey.
(c) Because this child is a special case.
(d) Because only Torey can handle this student.
2. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(b) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(c) She screams and claws at the door.
(d) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
3. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Peter screams and runs from the room.
(b) Max stabs her with a pencil.
(c) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
(d) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
4. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) When one of the students comes close to her.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) When Torey calls her name.
(d) When she hears a loud noise.
5. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be bilingual.
(b) Must be an aide in the room.
(c) Must have a college degree.
(d) Must be a highly qualified aide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
2. What does Shelia do that upsets her and makes her worried that Torey will whip her?
3. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
4. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
5. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)