|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
2. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
(a) Disability awareness.
(b) Love for her students.
(c) Love of teaching.
(d) Interest in sharing a story.
3. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) When one of the students comes close to her.
(c) When Torey calls her name.
(d) When she hears a loud noise.
4. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because the child needs Torey.
(b) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(c) Because this child is a special case.
(d) Because only Torey can handle this student.
5. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
(a) Social Worker.
(b) Mental Health Professional.
(c) Special Educator.
(d) Elementary Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
2. Which of the following is the best description of Torey's room right after the incident with the goldfish?
3. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
4. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
5. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)