|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(b) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(c) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
2. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be an aide in the room.
(b) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(c) Must have a college degree.
(d) Must be bilingual.
3. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of learning.
(b) Moment of peace.
(c) Moment of social awareness.
(d) Moment of understanding.
4. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
(a) They run out of the classroom.
(b) They cry and run in circles.
(c) They cower in fear and astonishment.
(d) They laugh and point at Shelia.
5. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Pity them.
(b) Hold them to societal standards.
(c) Hospitalize them.
(d) Surprise them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
2. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
3. How does Torey describe Anton?
4. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
5. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)