|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She kicks Ed in the shin.
(b) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She screams and claws at the door.
2. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because this child is a special case.
(b) Because only Torey can handle this student.
(c) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(d) Because the child needs Torey.
3. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(b) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(c) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(d) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
(a) She believes in conventional teaching methods.
(b) She prefers the students call her by her first name.
(c) She is very disorganized.
(d) She often wears jeans to work.
5. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
(b) Max stabs her with a pencil.
(c) Peter screams and runs from the room.
(d) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
2. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
3. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
4. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
5. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)