|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(b) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(c) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(d) Goes to read Shelia's file.
2. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(b) She screams and claws at the door.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She kicks Ed in the shin.
3. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
5. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(b) Because they pity her students.
(c) Because they do not understand education.
(d) Because they lack empathy skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
3. What position did Torey have the previous year before Ed Somers contacted her about having a classroom of her own?
4. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
5. What happens when Torey tries to get Shelia to do the math papers?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)