|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the state mandate about Torey's aide?
(a) Must be an aide in the room.
(b) Must have a college degree.
(c) Must be a highly qualified aide.
(d) Must be bilingual.
2. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
(a) When she hears a loud noise.
(b) When Torey calls her name.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) When one of the students comes close to her.
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
(a) She is very disorganized.
(b) She believes in conventional teaching methods.
(c) She prefers the students call her by her first name.
(d) She often wears jeans to work.
4. Who does Shelia live with?
(a) Her foster family.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her mother.
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
2. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
3. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
4. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
5. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)