|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the little girl who burned the three-year old boy after tying him to a tree?
2. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Locks the door.
(b) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(c) Uses a child safety gate.
(d) Plays music that soothes the students.
3. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
(a) Because they are unaware of this type of student.
(b) Because they pity her students.
(c) Because they do not understand education.
(d) Because they lack empathy skills.
4. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
(a) Moment of peace.
(b) Moment of learning.
(c) Moment of social awareness.
(d) Moment of understanding.
5. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(b) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
(c) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(d) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
3. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
4. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
5. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)