|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students is Torey assigned for her new classroom?
2. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because the child needs Torey.
(b) Because only Torey can handle this student.
(c) Because this child is a special case.
(d) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
3. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
4. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
(a) They cower in fear and astonishment.
(b) They run out of the classroom.
(c) They cry and run in circles.
(d) They laugh and point at Shelia.
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
2. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
3. When does Torey find out that she will have an addition to her classroom?
4. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
5. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)