|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
(a) Max stabs her with a pencil.
(b) Freddie begins uncontrollably laughing loudly.
(c) Susannah Joy comes into the room.
(d) Peter screams and runs from the room.
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Hold them to societal standards.
(b) Surprise them.
(c) Pity them.
(d) Hospitalize them.
3. With which of the following statements would Torey disagree?
(a) The rewards she experiences are very small.
(b) Her students are hopeless cases.
(c) Students should not be shoved through the system.
(d) Children touch her life.
4. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
(a) Dump class.
(b) Basement class.
(c) Wasted class.
(d) Garbage class.
5. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(c) Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
2. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
3. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
4. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
5. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)