|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(b) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(c) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
(d) Goes to read Shelia's file.
2. What surprises Torey about Shelia's file?
(a) It contains too much information for such a young child.
(b) It describes a different child from the one Torey has seen.
(c) It is very thin.
(d) It is very censored.
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
4. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
(a) Her work is exhausting.
(b) Time put in equals rewards.
(c) Her students should not be in a public school setting.
(d) Her work has many rewards.
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
2. Where does Shelia head when she runs out of the classroom?
3. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
5. How does Torey describe Anton?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)