|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey indicate that most people view her work?
(b) Awe inspiring.
(d) Frustrating and sad.
2. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she will feel safe.
(b) So she cannot move.
(c) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(d) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
3. Which of the following is true about the trip to lunch on that first day with Shelia?
(a) The class eats within their own classroom.
(b) Shelia refuses to leave the chair or talk to Torey.
(c) She follows Torey out of the room, but will not touch her.
(d) Anton goes and brings Shelia back her own lunch.
4. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
(a) Puts one of the aides in front of the door.
(b) Plays music that soothes the students.
(c) Locks the door.
(d) Uses a child safety gate.
5. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
(a) She was unsure and wanted to visit the students before deciding.
(b) She declined it.
(c) She had reservations.
(d) She was excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
2. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
3. Which of the following terms might be used to best describe Whitney?
4. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
5. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)