|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
(a) She had reservations.
(b) She was excited.
(c) She declined it.
(d) She was unsure and wanted to visit the students before deciding.
2. Which of the following characters does Shelia stab with a pencil?
(b) Mr. Collins.
3. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(b) So she will feel safe.
(c) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(d) So she cannot move.
4. Where is Shelia expected to go from Torey's class?
(a) State hospital.
(b) Juvenile ward.
(c) Another classroom in the district.
5. With which of the following statements would Torey agree?
(a) Her work is exhausting.
(b) Her work has many rewards.
(c) Her students should not be in a public school setting.
(d) Time put in equals rewards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
2. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
3. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
4. Which of the following is described by the author as her motivation for writing this book?
5. Which of the following is Torey's chosen profession?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)