|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the other children in the classroom react to Shelia's abuse of the goldfish?
(a) They cower in fear and astonishment.
(b) They cry and run in circles.
(c) They run out of the classroom.
(d) They laugh and point at Shelia.
2. What does Torey indicate that she refuses to do in regards to mentally ill children?
(a) Hold them to societal standards.
(b) Hospitalize them.
(c) Surprise them.
(d) Pity them.
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of Torey as a teacher?
(a) She prefers the students call her by her first name.
(b) She is very disorganized.
(c) She often wears jeans to work.
(d) She believes in conventional teaching methods.
4. How does Torey begin each day?
5. Why does Ed tell Torey she must have a new student added to her classroom?
(a) Because the child needs Torey.
(b) Because no other teacher in the district will take her.
(c) Because this child is a special case.
(d) Because only Torey can handle this student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the is not used in the prologue to describe something that is worth all of the effort Torey puts unto her students?
2. What does the school district where Torey teachers call her class?
3. How does Torey describe Anton?
4. Why can the reader infer that many people view Torey's work as frustrating and sad?
5. What distracts Shelia and allows Torey to attempt to snatch away the pencil?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)