|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She is surprised that is his dream.
(b) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
(c) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(d) She is not hopeful.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term bond as it is used to describe the relationship between Torey and her students?
3. What does Sheila say when she got all of the answers wrong?
(a) She says that if she gets them wrong she'll have to go to another class.
(b) She says that if she could learn how to do it, her father would love her.
(c) She says that if she had gotten them right her mother wouldn't have left her.
(d) She says that if she could learn how to do it her mother would come back.
4. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
(d) Mr. Collins.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Torey genuinely feels about her students?
2. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
3. What does Sheila seem to be dwelling on?
4. What does Torey notice when Sheila's father arrives at the hospital?
5. What food item does the class make during cooking time today?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)