Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Anton and Torey arrive at Sheila's shack?
(a) The shack is destroyed.
(b) Sheila's father is drunk.
(c) No one is home.
(d) Sheila is home alone.
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for motivation as it is used in the prologue?
3. What subject does Torey put a particular emphasis on within her classroom that the other children seem to really enjoy?
(c) Creative writing.
4. Why doesn't Sheila get to participate in this subject?
(a) Because she cannot use a pencil correctly.
(b) Because it gives Torey a chance to work with the other kids.
(c) Because Sheila cannot be trusted in this subject.
(d) Because she refuses to do any paperwork.
5. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one student to whom Torey refers in the introduction as having touched her life?
2. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
3. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
4. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
5. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)