|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
(a) She is surprised that is his dream.
(b) She is not hopeful.
(c) She knows he will achieve that dream.
(d) She admires him for wanting to take that step.
2. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
(a) She is a loner.
(b) She cries.
(c) She wets the bed.
(d) She sucks her thumb.
3. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
(b) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(c) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(d) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
4. What does Sheila tell Torey when she asks for an explanation about her behavior?
(a) She tells her that she never said she could trust her.
(b) She says that Torey lied to her.
(c) She says that she does not want to be in that dumb class.
(d) She tells her that she hates her.
5. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
(a) Sheila moved her chair according to where the group was.
(b) The other children continued to work on their own work.
(c) Anton was able to get Sheila to complete a math paper.
(d) Sheila spoke to Torey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Torey begin each day?
2. When does Sheila return to school?
3. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
4. What does Sheila respond to that helps her behavior slowly improve?
5. How did Torey feel about accepting the position that Ed was offering her?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)