|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheila say she doesn't cry?
(a) Because it is a sign of weakness.
(b) Because she is afraid she won't stop.
(c) Because she doesn't know how.
(d) Because then people will know she hurts.
2. At what grade levels is Sheila working on academically?
(a) Second grade math and third grade reading.
(b) Fourth grade reading and third grade math.
(c) Second grade reading and math.
(d) Third grade reading and fourth grade math.
3. How does Shelia react within the classroom on her first day when Ed brings her into the classroom?
(a) She screams and claws at the door.
(b) She does not respond to Torey or any of the children.
(c) She sits in the corner and ignores everyone.
(d) She kicks Ed in the shin.
4. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(b) She has many scars on her little body.
(c) She is afraid of taking a bath.
(d) She has signs of current abuse.
5. Who does Sheila compare herself and Torey to in the story she loves?
(a) She says that she is a princess which is almost like a prince.
(b) She says she is special to Torey just like the fox is special to the Prince.
(c) She says that they are not anything like the book.
(d) She says that Torey is like the fox and she is like the Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheila's father acknowledge?
2. What did Sheila do to the rabbit waste?
3. What surprises Torey about Whitney?
4. Which of the following characters is often a source of laughter within Torey's classroom?
5. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)