|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hearing, what warms Torey's heart in regard to Sheila's father?
(a) He is sober and wears an ill-fitting suit.
(b) He takes many steps to help Sheila.
(c) He asks the boy's parents to forgive his child.
(d) He pleads with the judge on his behalf.
2. What does Sheila do after the other children have left until it is time for her to leave?
(a) She wanders around the room and touches things.
(b) She roots through all of the other students desks.
(c) She sits in her chair and watches Torey work.
(d) She turns her back to Torey.
3. What does Ed remind Torey when he is called in after the incident when Sheila destroys the other teacher's classroom?
(a) That Sheila is only there temporarily.
(b) That Sheila cannot leave Torey's classroom.
(c) That Sheila has significant problems.
(d) That Sheila burned a young boy.
4. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(b) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
(c) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(d) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
5. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
(a) She clings to Torey.
(b) She sits in the quiet chair.
(c) She plays with blocks.
(d) She hurts the other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
2. What does Torey want to test in regards to Sheila?
3. When is the only time that Shelia moves out of her chair within the classroom?
4. What does Sheila do when she is told that she will not be able to go on the field trip with the class that afternoon?
5. Shelia seems to be realizing that Torey is someone that she can what?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)