|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Torey astonished to realize that Sheila was never taught?
(a) Proper grammar.
(b) Appropriate eating skills.
(c) Basic manners.
(d) Basic hygeine.
2. What does Sheila say when Sheila tells her that someday she will go to another class?
(a) She says that she wonders if Torey will go to another class too.
(b) She says that Torey tamed her so now she is responsible for her.
(c) She says that she will destroy another class so she should stay.
(d) She says that she will always come back to see Torey.
3. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(b) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(c) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
(d) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
4. What is unique about Sheila's speech pattern?
(a) She speaks only in the present tense.
(b) She doesn't use any articles.
(c) She doesn't use any pronouns.
(d) She refuses to use linking verbs.
5. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Home visits.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Parent teacher conferences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
2. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
3. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
4. Who does Chad suggest Torey contact?
5. Why does it seem that Sheila is so worried about getting the wrong answers?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)