|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Torey wish she had a teacher's desk in her room after talking to Ed?
(a) So she could hide behind it.
(b) So the room would seem like other classrooms.
(c) So she could lose herself in her work and forget her troubles.
(d) So that she could have a place to put her head down.
2. What does Torey do during her lunch break on the day Shelia starts in her class?
(a) Sits at the back of the cafeteria and watches Shelia.
(b) Goes back to the room to set up for the afternoon.
(c) Goes to read Shelia's file.
(d) Goes to the faculty room to find Ed.
3. How does Torey describe Anton?
(a) Patient and good with the kids.
(b) Surprisingly well educated.
(c) Good with the kids, but unable to help with academics.
(d) Understanding and kind.
4. What does Sheila ask Torey?
(a) If she can take her home.
(b) If she is special to her.
(c) If she loves her.
(d) If she wants her to be good.
5. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) She can put them on before she goes home.
(b) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(c) They will not be returned.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sheila when Chad presents her with the new dress?
2. What does Torey agree to do when Sheila tells her that she cannot accept the gift?
3. What does Sheila find in the trash and complete as a surprise for Torey?
4. Which of the following is not one of the things Shelia's father said about her?
5. Why does Sheila hang back when the other students head out for recess?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)