|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(b) She broke her leg playing.
(c) Her father cut her leg to punish her.
(d) She was pushed out of the car by her mother.
2. Who brings Shelia to Torey's class the next day?
(a) Social worker.
(d) Her father.
3. What does Sheila do when she is having a bad day?
(a) She hurts the other children.
(b) She plays with blocks.
(c) She sits in the quiet chair.
(d) She clings to Torey.
4. What does Torey notice about Sheila as she gives her a bath in the sink?
(a) She has many scars on her little body.
(b) She is afraid of taking a bath.
(c) She is undernourished and very skinny.
(d) She has signs of current abuse.
5. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(b) They will not be returned.
(c) She can put them on before she goes home.
(d) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
2. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
3. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
4. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
5. What is happening to Torey that has her concerned about Sheila and the class?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)