|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
(a) Setting fires.
(b) Being new.
(c) Classroom rules.
(d) Girls versus boys.
2. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
(c) Water bottles
(d) Baby lotion.
3. What change to Torey's daily routine does she make as a result of the goldfish incident?
(a) She refuses to have more class pets.
(b) She sends Sheila to the office to eat her lunch.
(c) She takes the pencils away when she leaves the class.
(d) She eats lunch with the kids.
4. What is going to happen to Sheila's clothes?
(a) They will not be returned.
(b) She will have to wash them in the sink every day.
(c) Whitney will take them to the laundromat.
(d) She can put them on before she goes home.
5. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(b) Parent teacher conferences.
(c) Home visits.
(d) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ed get Shelia to the classroom on her first day?
2. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
3. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
4. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
5. What does Torey do to keep all of the students in the room?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)