|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) Home visits.
(d) Parent teacher conferences.
2. What does Torey do to Shelia when it is time for lunch?
(a) She carries her to the cafeteria.
(b) She lets her sitting in the room alone.
(c) She holds out her hand and asks her to go with her.
(d) She takes her to the office to wait until she will speak.
3. How does Torey characterize Shelia's addition to her classroom in regards to the order within the classroom?
(a) She indicates that Shelia has been as she expected.
(b) She indicates that Shelia has adapted well to the order in the classroom.
(c) She indicates Shelia is easier than some of the other children.
(d) She indicates it is like starting from the beginning again.
4. What does Sheila's father tell Torey about Sheila?
(a) That she is bad news.
(b) That she is not his child.
(c) That she is evil.
(d) That she drinks with him.
5. What topic isn't brought up by Sheila, Torey or any of the kids?
(a) The hygiene issue.
(b) The burning incident.
(c) Sheila's missing mother.
(d) The goldfish incident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items isn't something that Torey brings to school with her the next day?
2. What does Torey feel about Anton's hope that he will fulfill his dream of going back to school and getting a teaching degree?
3. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
4. On the morning that Shelia arrives what does Torey allow the students to ask questions about during sharing?
5. What small step towards progress occurred during the rest of the afternoon?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)