|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What specific thing about Shelia bothers Torey and causes her to try and figure out where it comes from?
(a) Ability to read anything.
(b) Refusal to talk to the other students.
(c) High intellect.
(d) Speech pattern.
2. What does Torey reassure the class of during discussion time?
(a) That Anton and Whitney will be there and class will go on the same.
(b) That she loves them all.
(c) That she will return from her conference.
(d) That they must be better behaved than they are for her.
3. Why does Torey end up putting Shelia on her lap during the math activity?
(a) So she can help her complete the math activity.
(b) So she can talk quietly in her ear.
(c) So she will feel safe.
(d) So she cannot move.
4. How does Sheila say she received the scar on her leg?
(a) Her father cut her leg to punish her.
(b) She broke her leg playing.
(c) She was pushed out of the car by her mother.
(d) She was hit by a car.
5. What does Sheila come to realize about the relationship between Sheila and her father?
(a) They will never be able to remove Sheila from his care.
(b) That they depend on each other for survival.
(c) That she provides him with an income.
(d) That underneath it all he does love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Torey get some clothes for Sheila?
2. What happens when Sheila refuses to join the group for morning discussion?
3. What does Shelia tell Torey after she explains the rules of the classroom to her?
4. What news does the social worker give to Torey about Shelia's arrival and leaving every day?
5. How does Torey make attempts to contact Sheila's father before she and Anton go to visit the migrant camp?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)