|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laelius argue needs friends the most?
(a) Those that are weak.
(b) Those that are lonely.
(c) Those that are shy.
(d) Those that are dependant.
2. Whose fate lies in the hands of Scipio, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
(a) His wife's.
(b) No one's.
(c) His country's.
(d) His family's.
3. What does Cicero argue the art of oratory requires?
(a) Being condifdent.
(b) Knowing its people.
(c) Speaking well and knowing its subjects.
(d) Knowing its audience.
4. Where does "The Dream of Scipio" begin?
(a) In a military tribune.
(b) At the Roman Forum.
(c) Outside the Pantheon.
(d) In a circus.
5. Whose words does Cicero use to illustrate his view in "On the Orator"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Scipio in his dream?
2. What does Crassus compare oratory to?
3. What does Africanus encourage Scipio to focus on, in his dream?
4. What does Africanus encourage Scipio to learn in his dream?
5. What is "On the Orator" considered in Latin?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)