|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scipio supposed to reflect in "The Dream of Scipio"?
(c) Human kind.
(d) The soul of the heavens.
2. What does Crassus argue great orators cannot restrict themselves to?
(b) The Forum.
(c) The Pantheon.
3. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," when should a person make the decision to keep a friend?
(a) After that friend is mean.
(b) After that friend has three strikes.
(c) When one is sound and rational.
(d) After full mental and physical maturity.
4. Who hosts the other men involved in the dialogue of "On the Orator"?
5. According to Laelius, what is friendship in accord with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fate lies in the hands of Scipio, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
2. What do the younger men ask Crassus to tell them in "On the Orator"?
3. What deep question does Laelius struggle with?
4. When did Laelius's friend die in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
5. According to "On the Orator," what does the orator possess even in battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between kinship and friendship?
2. What does "On the Orator" discuss?
3. What should people look for in friend according to "Laelius: On Friendship"?
4. What is the purpose of the spheres of the planets, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
5. What is the universe made up of, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
6. Describe what the orator must do when giving a speech.
7. Describe what "The Dream of Scipio" illustrates in relation to philosophy.
8. When was "Laelius: On Friendship" written?
9. What is the greatest danger of a friendship, according to "Laelius: On Friendship"?
10. What happens as the dream opens, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)