|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who challenges Crassus' views with historical counter-examples?
2. What does Africanus encourage Scipio to learn in his dream?
3. What do great orators possess according to "On the Orator"?
(a) An innate gift.
4. What exists in the smallest sphere discussed in "The Dream of Scipio"?
(b) The planets.
5. According to "On the Orator," who thought about the skill of oratory and rhetoric?
(a) Greek and Roman leaders.
(b) Roman Catholics.
(c) Greek leaders.
(d) Great Greek and Roman thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," what makes friendship possible?
2. What is Cicero known as, according to "On the Orator"?
3. What does Africanus argue about God, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
4. Who does Laelius speak with about his friendship with Scipio?
5. What needs to exist between friends to ensure a permanence of friendship, according to Laelius?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Antonius believe is a requirement of a great orator?
2. Describe when the dialogue of "On the Orator" took place and the importance of the work.
3. What should people look for in friend according to "Laelius: On Friendship"?
4. What happens as the dream opens, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
5. What does Africanus tell Scipio about his future?
6. Why is Crassus disappointed in Antonius at the end of "On the Orator"?
7. Describe the willingness a friend should have, according to "Laelius: On Friendship."
8. What is the universe made up of, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
9. Describe what "The Dream of Scipio" illustrates in relation to philosophy.
10. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," what makes the best friendship?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)