|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laelius argue about a life without friends?
(a) It is lonely.
(b) It is unfulfilled.
(c) It is not worth living.
(d) It is simple and peaceful.
2. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
3. What does Cicero argue the art of oratory requires?
(a) Knowing its audience.
(b) Being condifdent.
(c) Knowing its people.
(d) Speaking well and knowing its subjects.
4. What is an earth year in comparison to a cosmic year, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
(a) They are equal in length.
(b) A big part of ot.
(c) They are unrelated.
(d) A small part of it.
5. What does the dream of "The Dream of Scipio" illustrate?
(a) Authentic relationships.
(b) Selective immortality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Scipio into tears just by the sight of him, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
2. What does Crassus argue that Antonius agrees with?
3. Whose words does Cicero use to illustrate his view in "On the Orator"?
4. Who hosts the other men involved in the dialogue of "On the Orator"?
5. In "The Dream of Scipio," where does God exist in the universe?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)