Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of writing style is "Laelius: On Friendship" written in?
2. What is the length like of "Dream of Scipio"?
3. What does Laelius argue against the Stoics?
(a) That friends are material things.
(b) That materials bring happiness.
(c) That a man should not be upset by the death of a friend.
(d) That friendship is a transition in life.
4. When was Laelius born in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
(a) 150 or 140 years later.
(b) 3 years after he was born.
(c) 80 years after he was born.
(d) 150 or 140 years prior.
5. What do the orbits of the planets produce, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
(b) A conection of spirits.
(c) A cosmic harmony.
(d) A pretty path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scipio desire in his dream?
2. What exists in the smallest sphere discussed in "The Dream of Scipio"?
3. What does Africanus tell Scipio about Earth?
4. What does Cicero argue the art of oratory requires?
5. Who takes the dictatorial control in "Laelius: On Friendship"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)