|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Cicero's brother he writes to?
2. When did Laelius's friend die in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
(a) A few years after he wrote it.
(b) 150 or 140 years prior.
(c) A few years before he wrote it.
(d) While he was writing it.
3. What was oratory a part of in the ancient world, according to "On the Orator"?
(a) Great conditions.
(b) Great ability.
(c) High art.
(d) Low art.
4. Who does Laelius argue needs friends the most?
(a) Those that are shy.
(b) Those that are weak.
(c) Those that are lonely.
(d) Those that are dependant.
5. What does "On The Orator "concern itself with?
(a) Who is a good orator.
(b) What makes a person a good orator.
(c) The role of the orator or statesmen.
(d) If Cicero is a good orator.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "On the Orator," who thought about the skill of oratory and rhetoric?
2. What needs to exist between friends to ensure a permanence of friendship, according to Laelius?
3. What does Africanus encourage Scipio to focus on, in his dream?
4. What does Laelius believe makes goods truly good?
5. What does Africanus tell Scipio about Earth?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)