|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Scipio reflect, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
(a) His oratory skills in other.
(b) His peaceful mind.
(c) The peace of God within him.
(d) His love for God.
2. What do the younger men ask Crassus to tell them in "On the Orator"?
(a) The nature of oratory.
(b) The nature of art.
(c) If they could be good orators.
(d) How he became a polished orator.
3. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," what makes friendship possible?
(b) Pain of being attached.
4. What must the orator master?
(c) The entire sphere of philosophy.
5. What is "On the Orator" considered in Latin?
(a) A joke.
(b) An artistic masterpiece.
(d) Thought provoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero argue the art of oratory requires?
2. When did Laelius's friend die in relation to when Cicero wrote "Laelius: On Friendship"?
3. What does "On The Orator "concern itself with?
4. What does Scipio desire in his dream?
5. What is Scipio supposed to reflect in "The Dream of Scipio"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to "On the Orator," how should great orators approach a speech?
2. What was oratory considered in the ancient world?
3. Describe how the orator is powerful in battle, as described in "On the Orator."
4. Compare an earth year to a cosmic year.
5. Describe what "Laelius: On Friendship" discusses and who the speakers are.
6. Describe how "On the Orator" ends.
7. Describe what "The Dream of Scipio" illustrates in relation to philosophy.
8. What is the universe made up of, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
9. Describe what sharing does in relation to friendship, according to "Laelius: On Friendship" .
10. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," what makes the best friendship?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)