|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the orator master?
(c) The entire sphere of philosophy.
2. Where does "The Dream of Scipio" begin?
(a) At the Roman Forum.
(b) In a military tribune.
(c) Outside the Pantheon.
(d) In a circus.
3. Who does Scipio greet in his dream?
(a) No one.
(b) His dad.
(c) His friend, Kind Basinissa.
(d) His grandfather.
4. What do Rufus and Crassus need to become good orators?
(a) Enthusiasm and training.
(b) To study under each of them.
(c) To study and research.
(d) To practice.
5. What is Scipio mesmerized by the sight of?
(a) The oceans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is friendship more potent that kinship, according to Laelius ?
2. What do the orbits of the planets produce, in "The Dream of Scipio"?
3. In "The Dream of Scipio," how many spheres is the universe made up of?
4. What do the younger men ask Crassus to tell them in "On the Orator"?
5. Whose fate lies in the hands of Scipio, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the universe made up of, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
2. What was Laelius's attitude towards friendship?
3. According to "Laelius: On Friendship," what makes the best friendship?
4. Describe the willingness a friend should have, according to "Laelius: On Friendship."
5. What does Africanus encourage Scipio to do at the end of his dream?
6. Describe what sharing does in relation to friendship, according to "Laelius: On Friendship" .
7. What is the greatest danger of a friendship, according to "Laelius: On Friendship"?
8. What is Scipio's connection to God?
9. When was "Laelius: On Friendship" written?
10. According to "On the Orator," how should great orators approach a speech?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)