Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, what is Cicero NOT?
2. What does Cicero address in his work, "On Duties"?
(c) Political life.
3. What did Cicero resist being identified with, according to Grant?
(a) Anyone religion.
(c) Any woman.
(d) Any one school of philosphy.
4. What did Cicero believe humans cannot find peace without?
(a) Thoughts and rations.
(b) Falling in love.
(c) Fighting for your thoughts.
(d) Serving mankind.
5. In "On Duties," how many feelings does Cicero say a good ruler should inspire in his subjects?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero in "On Duties," what do men need?
2. In "On Duties," what will wise rulers win from their subjects?
3. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," what does he feel is more effective in inspiring confidence?
4. According to Cicero, how was the Stoics view counter-intuitive?
5. According to the introduction, what was Cicero considered to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Cicero insinuated about Caesar, in "On Duties".
2. What does Discussions at Tusculum discuss?
3. How do wise rulers win their subjects, according to Cicero?
4. Describe how Cicero perceived philosophy.
5. What is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
6. What are 'preferables,' 'unpreferables,' and 'indifferents' according to the Stoics?
7. What type of system of government did Cicero prefer in "On Duties"?
8. How did Cicero feel about statesmanship?
9. When did Cicero write most of his works?
10. What is the universe made up of, according to "The Dream of Scipio"?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)