|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
(b) A spark of divinity.
(c) A common ancestry.
(d) A common bond.
2. According to Cicero in "On Duties," what do men need?
3. According to "Discussions at Tusculum," why are evil people always miserable?
(a) They are not morally good.
(b) They do not have friends.
(c) They do not have good lives.
(d) They are selfish.
4. What must men have to resolve conflict, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
5. What did Cicero believe applied to every human, according to Grant?
(a) The natural law.
(b) Ability to forgive.
(c) The golden rule.
(d) The ration to love others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens once virtue is acquired, according to Cicero?
2. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
3. What did Cicero believe the Roman republic should behave like?
4. What is concluded about the achievement of moral goodness, in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
5. What does happiness necessarily require, according to Cicero?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cicero feel about statesmanship?
2. What did the Greeks believe made a happy life?
3. How do wise rulers win their subjects, according to Cicero?
4. Describe Cicero's philosophy.
5. What did the Epicureans believe happiness was?
6. Describe why Cicero worried about the Roman republic.
7. How was Cicero received by the public?
8. Describe what Cicero insinuated about Caesar, in "On Duties".
9. How did Cicero contradict the entire first chapter "Discussions at Tusculum"?
10. What style did Cicero write in and why?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)