|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: On Duties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero resist being identified with, according to Grant?
(a) Any one school of philosphy.
(b) Anyone religion.
(c) Any woman.
2. What did Cicero argue is the cure for misfortune?
3. According to Cicero, what will breed resentment in a ruler's subjects?
(b) Unjust behavior.
4. According to the introduction, what is Cicero NOT?
5. What dictatorships does Cicero oppose in "On Duties"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction, how did the younger Seneca receive Cicero?
2. According to "Discussions at Tusculum," what did all Greek schools of philosophy agree on?
3. According to the introduction, what type of writing style did Cicero sometimes write in?
4. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
5. What does Cicero address in his work, "On Duties"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)