|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: On Duties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero in "On Duties," what do men need?
2. What are external goods merely considered to be by Cicero?
(c) Necessary to happiness.
3. What is the purpose of the book "On Duties"?
(a) To challenge its readers.
(b) To inspire its readers.
(c) So people will reassess their lives.
(d) So statesmen can come to know their duties.
4. What group believed happiness is the enjoyment of pleasure and the avoidance of pain?
5. What must the ruler maintain, according to Cicero?
(a) Balance between powers.
(b) Equality before law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is essential between two nations, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
2. In what period did Cicero gain great fame?
3. According to the introduction, what did Cicero take refuge in after a divorce, fights with friends, and his daughter's death?
4. What are external goods always at risk of, according to Cicero?
5. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)