|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: On Duties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does much of Cicero's writing contain, according to Grant?
(a) Roman philosphy.
(b) Greek philosophy.
(c) Challenges to the public.
2. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," what does he feel is more effective in inspiring confidence?
3. According to the introduction, what did Cicero take refuge in after a divorce, fights with friends, and his daughter's death?
(b) Observing nature.
4. What does Grant state Cicero was excellent at doing?
(a) Manifesting ideas.
(b) Deepening ideas.
(c) Challenging ideas.
(d) Popularizing ideas.
5. What dictatorships does Cicero oppose in "On Duties"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group believed happiness is the enjoyment of pleasure and the avoidance of pain?
2. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
3. What must the ruler maintain, according to Cicero?
4. What is essential between two nations, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
5. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)