|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: On Duties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
(a) A common ancestry.
(b) A spark of divinity.
(d) A common bond.
2. Where did Cicero retire during the transition of power in the Roman republic, according to Grant's introduction?
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The country.
(d) His castle.
3. What prevented a person from being happy, according to Cicero?
(a) Not having a house.
(b) Not having friends.
(c) Not being morally good.
(d) Not having money.
4. What did Cicero believe humans cannot find peace without?
(a) Falling in love.
(b) Thoughts and rations.
(c) Fighting for your thoughts.
(d) Serving mankind.
5. What was the result of Cicero's desire to capture others thought in his writing's?
(a) He was too thoughful.
(b) He was thoughtless.
(c) He was unthoughtful.
(d) He was unoriginal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Greek philosophy believe about the good life, according to "Discussions at Tusculum"?
2. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," what does he feel is more effective in inspiring confidence?
3. What group believed happiness is the enjoyment of pleasure and the avoidance of pain?
4. According to "Discussions at Tusculum," why are evil people always miserable?
5. What group was Cicero's classical background popular among?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)