|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: On Duties.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles was the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum" from Cicero's home?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 16 miles.
(c) 13 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
2. What or whom does Michael Grant, the author of the introduction, introduce?
(a) Roman philosophy.
(b) Marcus Tullius Cicero.
(c) Greek philosophy.
3. According to Cicero, what can one NOT be without being intelligent?
4. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," what does he feel is more effective in inspiring confidence?
5. In "On Duties," what will wise rulers win from their subjects?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Cicero worried about, according to the introduction?
2. According to the introduction, what type of writing style did Cicero sometimes write in?
3. What does Cicero address in his work, "On Duties"?
4. What does much of Cicero's writing contain, according to Grant?
5. What does the Greek philosophy believe about the good life, according to "Discussions at Tusculum"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)