|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words does Cicero use to illustrate his view in "On the Orator"?
2. Who does Cicero compare Dionysius to?
(a) Petrach and Archimedes.
(b) Plato and Plutarch.
(c) Dante and Plato.
(d) Plato and Archimedes.
3. What dictatorships does Cicero oppose in "On Duties"?
4. What was the result of Cicero's desire to capture others thought in his writing's?
(a) He was unoriginal.
(b) He was thoughtless.
(c) He was unthoughtful.
(d) He was too thoughful.
5. According to the introduction, who did Cicero criticize?
(b) Romans that were too "hellenized."
(c) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero believe applied to every human, according to Grant?
2. When did Cicero do his writing, according to the introduction?
3. How does Antonius feel the orator should approach speech?
4. How does Cicero describe what philosophy's method does in "Discussions at Tusculum"?
5. What does "On The Orator "concern itself with?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)