|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: On the Orator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must men have to resolve conflict, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
2. What does Crassus compare oratory to?
(c) Legal practice.
3. When was Cicero's essay "Laelius: On Friendship" written?
(a) After Caesar's assasination.
(b) After his divorce.
(c) Before Caesar's assasination.
(d) After his daughter's death.
4. What does Laelius argue about a life without friends?
(a) It is not worth living.
(b) It is lonely.
(c) It is simple and peaceful.
(d) It is unfulfilled.
5. Which of the following are not needed to obtain moral goodness, according to Cicero in "On Duties"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero, in "On Duties," what does he feel is more effective in inspiring confidence?
2. How does Antonius feel the orator should approach speech?
3. According to the introduction, what is Cicero NOT?
4. Who challenges Crassus' views with historical counter-examples?
5. What does Cicero argue the art of oratory requires?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)