|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: Discussions at Tusculum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does much of Cicero's writing contain, according to Grant?
(a) Challenges to the public.
(c) Roman philosphy.
(d) Greek philosophy.
2. How does the argument in "Discussions at Tusculum" begin?
(a) With Cicero talking to himself.
(b) With Cicero talking to Brutus.
(c) With a description of the river.
(d) With his friend asking Cicero a question.
3. What are neutral things considered to be, according to Cicero?
(d) Necessary to happiness.
4. According to Grant, what did Cicero believe every human had to make them equal?
(a) A common ancestry.
(b) A common bond.
(d) A spark of divinity.
5. What type of interest did the Romans have towards philosophy, according to Grant?
(b) Slight intrigue.
(c) Deep intrigue.
(d) Deep and thoughtful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does happiness necessarily require, according to Cicero?
2. What was the result of Cicero's desire to capture others thought in his writing's?
3. Who does Cicero compare Dionysius to?
4. According to the introduction, what was Cicero considered to be?
5. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)