Quiz: Introduction to Chapter 1: Discussions at Tusculum
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. Where is the setting of "Discussions at Tusculum"?
a) Cicero's country villa.
b) Cicero's friends house.
c) By a river.
d) Cicero's apartment.
2. When did Cicero's reputation decline, according to the introduction?
a) The 17th century.
b) It never declined.
c) The 18th century.
d) The 19th century.
3. Where did Cicero retire during the transition of power in the Roman republic, according to Grant's introduction?
a) The Mediterranean.
b) The country.
d) His castle.
4. What did an ancient ethical view believe was necessary for happiness?
b) Being true to oneself.
c) Being positive.
5. What or whom does Michael Grant, the author...
This section contains 283 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)