Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many countries, the negative effects of the Great Depression lasted until the start of what?
2. What is an economic principle that states "Bad money drives out good"?
3. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
4. According to the author in Chapter 13, some argue that high temperatures and heavy rainfall yield poor food production and and increase in what, therefore limiting a location's ability to create a thriving economy?
5. In 1900, the average wage was how much per hour according to the author in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Douglas Ivester, the Coca-Cola Company, and the toppling of the Berlin Wall. When did the Berlin Wall come down and what did this mean in terms of the U.S.S.R.? What is brand recognition? In what ways does the author laud Ivester's tactic for marketing?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the career of economist Burton G. Malkiel and the efficient market hypothesis. When was the efficient market hypothesis developed? What ideas are presented in Malkiel's "A Random Walk Down Wall Street"? What does Malkiel write in the Forward to "Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's example from Chapter 2 involving Yemen and the black rhinoceros. What is the value of the black rhino's horns and why are these horns so highly sought after? How does he describe the role of ecotourism as an environmental and economical solution? When did ecotourism first develop?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)