|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country had a bad reputation so it's government created a currency board ensuring that each of its pesos was worth one United States dollar?
2. According to the author in Chapter 13, when it comes to gaining economic power, it's best to avoid what, which depletes resources and limits education?
3. In the Epilogue, the author discusses seven issues used to understand and improve the world. What is the second?
4. What is the ninth factor one should consider along with the GDP to understand an economy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
5. In many countries, the negative effects of the Great Depression lasted until the start of what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the most recent Japanese and U.S. recessions. When, according to the author, did Japan's economic decline begin? What led to it? What do these recessions have in common? How do they differ? What are the different viewpoints regarding how to pull America from its current recession? What legislation has attempted to boost the economy? Has it been effective? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Define, analyze and discuss the gross domestic product of the U.S. over the past century. When have the greatest changes taken place? What does this tell us about the economy during those times? How has technology affected the GDP in America?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, analyze and discuss the healthcare and insurance industries in the United States. What national legislation was recently passed which broached the issues of healthcare? How effective was this legislation? How do these industries represent inequality in regard to information?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)