Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many countries, the negative effects of the Great Depression lasted until the start of what?
2. What is an economic principle that states "Bad money drives out good"?
3. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
4. According to the author in Chapter 13, some argue that high temperatures and heavy rainfall yield poor food production and and increase in what, therefore limiting a location's ability to create a thriving economy?
5. In 1900, the average wage was how much per hour according to the author in Chapter 9?
Essay Topic 1
Define and analyze public policy, lobbyists, and subsidies. How has public policy changed in the past 20 years? How do subsidies affect the economy as a whole? What are the drawbacks to public policy and small groups, according to the author?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the history and economies of Cuba and North Korea. How have these economies suffered from overregulation, according to the author? What are the differences between Communist and capitalist nations regarding regulation and trade?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, analyze and discuss the public goods offered by the government in the U.S. What percentage of our nation's budget is dedicated to police and fire enforcement, roads, schools, etc.? What is the government's role in economic infrastructure, regulation, and finance?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)