|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charles Wheelan earn a PhD in public policy?
2. What refers to economy-wide fluctuations in production or economic activity over several months or years?
3. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
4. What country had a bad reputation so it's government created a currency board ensuring that each of its pesos was worth one United States dollar?
5. What is any physical or intangible entity that is owned by a person or jointly by a group of people or a legal entity like a corporation?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the history and economies of Cuba and North Korea. How have these economies suffered from overregulation, according to the author? What are the differences between Communist and capitalist nations regarding regulation and trade?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the stock market and the New York Stock Exchange. How are the following terms used in Chapter 7 defined: risk, speculation, investment, derivatives, capital? What four basic needs to understand investment are discussed in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the author's Introduction to the book. What role does Wheelan propose economics and finance has in everyday life? What, according to the author, led to the problems with Lehman Brothers? What examples does the author use for politicians using false information?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)