|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
2. When did the Korean War end?
3. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
(a) Futures contract.
(c) Employer branding.
(d) The Juche Idea.
4. What represents the original capital paid into or invested in the business by its founders?
(d) Pork barrel.
5. In what year did Douglas Ivester tell his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
2. Burton G. Malkiel is an American economist, most famous for what classic finance book?
3. Michael Jensen is a professor at what university's business school?
4. What rhetorical question do economists ask, according to the author in Chapter 1?
5. According to the author, financial markets boil down to four basic simple needs. What is the second discussed in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author of the Foreword describe Charles Wheelan's approach to explaining economics in "Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science"?
2. What do economists assume about human nature and motivation, according to the author in Chapter 1?
3. Discuss the importance of information in economics. How does the author address the issue of information in Chapter 4?
4. Discuss the relationship between wealth and happiness. How is this illustrated in Chapter 9?
5. How does the author describe the relationship between the GDP and quality of life in India in Chapter 9?
6. What are the second through fourth of the basic needs the author boils down for investment markets in Chapter 7?
7. What examples does the author give for the uninformed relaying false information in the Introduction?
8. What are the benefits of the HDI versus the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9?
9. What does the author remark about globalization in the beginning of Chapter 12? What are the benefits of global trade?
10. How does the author describe the importance of monetary policy in concluding the book in Chapter 13?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)