|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the process of contracting a business function to someone else?
2. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
(a) The Bretton Woods conference.
(b) The San Diego conference.
(c) The Yosemite Falls conference.
(d) The New York and Europe conference.
3. Where did Charles Wheelan earn a PhD in public policy?
(a) Dartmouth College.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The Harris School.
(d) Yale University.
4. When did the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference take place?
5. After World War II, representatives of the Allied nations gathered together where to create a sustainable financial infrastructure for the world?
(a) Rhode Island.
(b) New Hampshire.
6. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the fifth?
(b) Income inequality.
(c) Budget deficit/surplus.
7. The U.S. adopted a silver standard based on the Spanish milled dollar in what year?
8. Of the top 25 polluted cities in the world, how many are in China according to the author?
9. What is generally the principled guide to action taken by the administrative or executive branches of the state with regard to a class of issues in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs?
(a) Pork barrel.
(b) Public policy.
(c) Deductive reasoning.
(d) Perverse incentives.
10. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
(b) The Food and Drug Administration.
(c) The World Health Organization.
(d) The University of Chicago.
11. When was the first edition of "Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science" published?
12. According to the author in Chapter 12, studies show that globalizing countries had what percentage higher growth rate than other countries that were less integrated in the world economy?
(a) 15% to 25%.
(b) 50% to 75%.
(c) 10% to 20%.
(d) 30% to 50%.
13. The Chinese GDP has grown substantially over the past decade, yet its success is correlated to what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) Interest payments.
(b) Environmental degradation.
(c) Quality of life.
(d) Utility costs.
14. In economics, what refers to a general slowdown in economic activity?
(a) Business cycle.
15. India has a very low GDP per capita, and it also has over how many cases of leprosy according to the author in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the author states that statistics clearly show that the world is growing more economically what?
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the third?
3. In many countries, the negative effects of the Great Depression lasted until the start of what?
4. When did the Great Depression begin in the United States?
5. In lending agreements, what is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)