|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Epilogue, the author discusses seven issues used to understand and improve the world. What is the first?
(a) Maximizing utility.
(c) The market.
(d) The divide between the rich and the poor.
2. What refers to a currency which is expected to fluctuate erratically or depreciate against other currencies?
(a) Dark currency.
(b) Hard currency.
(c) Light currency.
(d) Soft currency.
3. What is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time frame?
(a) Asset allocation.
(b) Futures contract.
(c) Adverse selection.
(d) Money market.
4. When did the Cuban Revolution end?
5. Cuba remained a territory of Spain until the Spanish-American War ended in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
2. What is a contract between two parties that specifies conditions under which payments, or payoffs, are to be made between the parties?
3. What refers to the degree to which a correct forecast of a system's state can be made either qualitatively or quantitatively?
4. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
5. Douglas Ivester was appointed as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Coca-Cola Company after whose death?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)