|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From 1997 to 2002, Charles Wheelan was the Midwest correspondent for what publication?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The Economist.
(c) Investors Business Daily.
(d) The Economic Times.
2. Cuba remained a territory of Spain until the Spanish-American War ended in what year?
3. With uniform rules and regulations, the cost of doing business in the private sector is what, according to the author in Chapter 3?
4. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) The Food and Drug Administration.
(b) The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) The World Health Organization.
5. What refers to a currency which is expected to fluctuate erratically or depreciate against other currencies?
(a) Light currency.
(b) Hard currency.
(c) Dark currency.
(d) Soft currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, the author discusses how fifteen years ago what nation was on top of the world economically?
2. What refers to law which has been enacted by a legislature or other governing body, or the process of making it?
3. Michael Jensen is a professor at what university's business school?
4. In economics and sociology, what refers to any factor that enables or motivates a particular course of action or counts as a reason for preferring one choice to the alternatives?
5. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)