|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an investment position intended to offset potential losses that may be incurred by a companion investment?
(c) Futures contract.
2. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
3. What is the ninth factor one should consider along with the GDP to understand an economy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) Income inequality.
(b) Total national happiness.
(c) National savings.
(d) Current account surplus/deficit.
4. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
(a) The Bretton Woods conference.
(b) The San Diego conference.
(c) The Yosemite Falls conference.
(d) The New York and Europe conference.
5. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Epilogue, the author discusses seven issues used to understand and improve the world. What is the second?
2. Americans today are how many times as rich as an American in the 1940s according to the author in Chapter 9?
3. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
4. When did the Cuban Revolution begin?
5. What is a Latin prepositional phrase meaning "by heads"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)