|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a market where prices are determined by supply and demand?
(a) Controlled market.
(b) Random market.
(c) Influx market.
(d) Free market.
2. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
3. The U.S. adopted a silver standard based on the Spanish milled dollar in what year?
4. A market economy delegates resources to an area where they are what, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) Most wealthy.
(b) Most productive.
(c) Least productive.
(d) Least wealthy.
5. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many oil-producing countries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author live and work today?
2. From 1997 to 2002, Charles Wheelan was the Midwest correspondent for what publication?
3. When did the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference take place?
4. Gary Becker is a professor of economics, sociology at what institution?
5. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)