|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Wheelan graduated from what educational institution?
(a) Yale University.
(b) University of Chicago.
(c) Dartmouth College.
(d) Harvard University.
2. What refers to reasoning which constructs or evaluates deductive arguments?
(a) Constructive reasoning.
(b) Deductive reasoning.
(c) Decisive reasoning.
(d) Critical reasoning.
3. What is a term used in economics that refers to a market process in which "bad" results occur when buyers and sellers have asymmetric information?
(a) Adverse selection.
(b) Asset allocation.
(c) Gresham's law.
(d) Pork barrel.
4. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Ted Turner.
(c) Fidel Castro.
(d) Donald Trump.
5. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the first?
(b) National savings.
(d) Total national happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 9, the average wage of an American in the year 2000 was over how much hourly?
2. According to the author in Chapter 1, companies want to profit, and consumers want what?
3. In France, what president wanted to come up with a way to measure human happiness, as described in Chapter 9?
4. When did the California Gold Rush begin?
5. The Cuban Revolution deposed what dictator?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)