|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Becker is a professor of economics, sociology at what institution?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) The University of Montana.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Fordham University.
2. Mark Miringhoff believes the nation should have what, as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A "portfolio of morals."
(b) An army, navy, and airforce.
(c) More laws on bankers.
(d) A "social report card."
3. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of delegates from how many nations?
4. What does GDP stand for?
(a) Gross Domestic Product.
(b) Geographic Diversity Plot.
(c) Gems and Diamonds Per capita.
(d) Gain and Drain Portfolio.
5. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
(a) Futures contract.
(c) The Juche Idea.
(d) Employer branding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
2. In an insurance policy, what is the amount of expenses that must be paid out of pocket before an insurer will pay any expenses?
3. What refers to the stock of competencies, knowledge and personality attributes embodied in the ability to perform labor so as to produce economic value?
4. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
5. Gary Becker received the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom in what year?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)