|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 13, some argue that high temperatures and heavy rainfall yield poor food production and and increase in what, therefore limiting a location's ability to create a thriving economy?
(a) Predator species.
2. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was commonly known as what?
(a) The Yosemite Falls conference.
(b) The Bretton Woods conference.
(c) The New York and Europe conference.
(d) The San Diego conference.
3. What refers to law which has been enacted by a legislature or other governing body, or the process of making it?
(a) Gresham's law.
4. What is a collective investment scheme that aims to replicate the movements of an index of a specific financial market regardless of market conditions?
(a) Public policy.
(b) Futures contract.
(c) Money market.
(d) Index fund.
5. What is an economic principle that states "Bad money drives out good"?
(a) The uniform pay scale.
(b) Gresham's law.
(c) Adverse selection.
(d) The Juche Idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. adopted a silver standard based on the Spanish milled dollar in what year?
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the first?
3. What does IMF stand for?
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, companies want to profit, and consumers want what?
5. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the second?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)