|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a political thesis of Kim Il-sung which says that the Korean masses are the masters of the country's development?
(a) The Communist Manifesto.
(c) The Juche Idea.
2. Who led the Cuban Revolution?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Nicholas Sarkozy.
(c) Fulgencio Batista.
(d) Roberto Goizueta.
3. The U.S. Treasury began doing business only in gold or silver coin as part of the Independent Treasury Act of what year?
4. What refers to the degree to which a correct forecast of a system's state can be made either qualitatively or quantitatively?
5. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the eighth?
3. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
4. In France, what president wanted to come up with a way to measure human happiness, as described in Chapter 9?
5. What is the ninth factor one should consider along with the GDP to understand an economy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)