|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After World War II, representatives of the Allied nations gathered together where to create a sustainable financial infrastructure for the world?
(a) Rhode Island.
(c) New Hampshire.
2. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
(b) The uniform pay scale.
(c) Supply and demand.
3. When was Gary Becker born?
4. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the second?
(a) National savings.
(d) Income inequality.
5. In economics, what is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 11, the problem with this gold standard was the central bank could do what?
2. What term refers to currency with no international value?
3. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
4. In finance, what is a debt security in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt and, depending on the terms, is obliged to pay interest to use and/or to repay the principal at a later date?
5. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)