|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first edition of "Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science" published?
2. Burton G. Malkiel is an American economist, most famous for what classic finance book?
(a) The Wall Street MBA: Your Personal Crash Course in Corporate Finance.
(b) The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy.
(c) Extreme Money: Masters of the Universe and the Cult of Risk.
(d) A Random Walk Down Wall Street.
3. What is a Latin prepositional phrase meaning "by heads"?
(a) E Pluribus Unum.
(b) In Unum.
(c) Per capita.
(d) Et cetera.
4. According to Burton G. Malkiel in the Forward, economists often don't show a connection to what?
(a) Wall Street.
(c) Everyday life.
5. What are negative results which occur while trying to achieve a goal for the common good?
(a) Perverse incentives.
(b) Unknown incentives.
(c) Ghost incentives.
(d) Abstract incentives.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 13, some argue that high temperatures and heavy rainfall yield poor food production and and increase in what, therefore limiting a location's ability to create a thriving economy?
2. In what political structure does the government set the price and decide what's on the shelves?
3. Who introduced the Hope credit?
4. What rhetorical question do economists ask, according to the author in Chapter 1?
5. What refers to reasoning which constructs or evaluates deductive arguments?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)