|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
2. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(b) Original Plan Excluding Copyright.
(c) Oval Palace Executive Class.
(d) Oil and Petroleum Exclusion Clause.
3. In the Epilogue, the author discusses seven issues used to understand and improve the world. What is the third?
(b) Maximizing utility.
(c) The market.
(d) The divide between the rich and the poor.
4. Incomes rose between 1970 and 1999, yet those who described themselves as as "very happy" decreased from 36% to what?
5. In economics, what is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cuban Revolution deposed what dictator?
2. In Chapter 12, the author states that statistics clearly show that the world is growing more economically what?
3. In finance, what between two currencies is the rate at which one currency will be exchanged for another?
4. According to the author in Chapter 2, a horn from a black rhinoceros can fetch what amount on the black market?
5. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the first?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)