|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charles Wheelan was an unsuccessful Democratic candidate in the special election for Illinois's 5th congressional district, the seat vacated by whom?
(a) Rahm Emanuel.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Barack Obama.
2. What represents the original capital paid into or invested in the business by its founders?
(b) Pork barrel.
3. In Chapter 13, the author states that according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, over how many people in this world don't get enough to eat?
(a) 1 billion.
(b) 800 million.
(c) 350 million.
(d) 100 million.
4. According to the author, insurance companies want to save money while doctors want to help patients and avoid what?
(a) Losing their medical license.
(b) Getting sued.
(c) Spreading diseases.
(d) Unnecessary fatalities.
5. The Hope Scholarship program was shut down after how many years, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country had a bad reputation so it's government created a currency board ensuring that each of its pesos was worth one United States dollar?
2. In finance, what is a derivative financial instrument that specifies a contract between two parties for a future transaction on an asset at a reference price?
3. In what political structure does the government set the price and decide what's on the shelves?
4. From 1997 to 2002, Charles Wheelan was the Midwest correspondent for what publication?
5. Douglas Ivester was appointed as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Coca-Cola Company after whose death?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)