|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 11, the problem with this gold standard was the central bank could do what?
(a) Charge interest.
(b) Require collateral.
(c) Manipulate exchange rates.
(d) Devalue the currency.
2. What is the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district?
(a) Pork barrel.
(b) Deductive reasoning.
(c) Public policy.
(d) Perverse incentives.
3. In lending agreements, what is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan?
4. Nonperforming loans and bad investments caused the banks to suffer in Iceland, and by the fall of 2008, how many major banks in the country were defunct according to the author in Chapter 11?
5. When was the first edition of "Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, as defined by the International Labour Organization, occurs when people are without jobs and they have actively sought work within the past four weeks?
2. Charles Wheelan graduated from what educational institution?
3. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of delegates from how many nations?
4. What refers to economy-wide fluctuations in production or economic activity over several months or years?
5. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)