|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 2, a horn from a black rhinoceros can fetch what amount on the black market?
2. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) The Food and Drug Administration.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
(d) The World Health Organization.
3. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
(a) Supply and demand.
(d) The uniform pay scale.
4. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
5. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
(a) Mutual fund.
(b) Index fund.
(c) Money market.
(d) Floating exchange rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a term used in economics that refers to a market process in which "bad" results occur when buyers and sellers have asymmetric information?
2. With uniform rules and regulations, the cost of doing business in the private sector is what, according to the author in Chapter 3?
3. What, in economics, refers to a globally traded currency that is expected to serve as a reliable and stable store of value?
4. Douglas Ivester's goal was achieving what when he told his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
5. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the fourth?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)