|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an assistance paid to a business or economic sector?
2. Human capital is extremely important in economics because it is also tied together with what?
3. In finance, what is a debt security in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt and, depending on the terms, is obliged to pay interest to use and/or to repay the principal at a later date?
4. The benefit of the HDI in comparison to the GDP is that the GDP does not measure what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(d) Political unrest.
5. Americans today are how many times as rich as an American in the 1940s according to the author in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
2. What does the author refer to as a situation where individuals work in their own best interest, leading to an improved standard of living for society in general?
3. When did the Cuban Revolution begin?
4. What refers to law which has been enacted by a legislature or other governing body, or the process of making it?
5. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)