|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time frame?
(a) Adverse selection.
(b) Futures contract.
(c) Asset allocation.
(d) Money market.
2. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
3. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the eighth?
(a) Income inequality.
4. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
5. What is the third simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
(a) Insuring against risk.
(c) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
(d) Raising capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Cuban Revolution?
2. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
3. When did the Great Depression begin in the United States?
4. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
5. What does HDI stand for?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)