|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the second?
(a) Income inequality.
(b) National savings.
3. Who introduced the Hope credit?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Bill Clinton.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) George W. Bush.
4. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
(a) Adverse selection.
(b) Per capita.
5. What is a financial term denoting a collection of investments held by an investment company, hedge fund, financial institution or individual?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
2. What, as defined by the International Labour Organization, occurs when people are without jobs and they have actively sought work within the past four weeks?
3. What is generally the principled guide to action taken by the administrative or executive branches of the state with regard to a class of issues in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs?
4. What is the ninth factor one should consider along with the GDP to understand an economy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
5. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)