|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an insurance policy, what is the amount of expenses that must be paid out of pocket before an insurer will pay any expenses?
2. What is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors to buy stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, and/or other securities?
(a) Asset allocation.
(b) Foreign Exchange Market.
(c) Index fund.
(d) Mutual fund.
3. India has a very low GDP per capita, and it also has over how many cases of leprosy according to the author in Chapter 9?
4. What refers to the increasingly global relationships of culture, people and economic activity?
5. What is the capital of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea?
(b) Honk Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
2. When did the Korean War begin?
3. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
4. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
5. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)