|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Becker received the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom in what year?
2. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the first?
(b) Total national happiness.
(d) National savings.
3. In 1900, a pair of stockings would cost how much money according to the author in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Ted Turner.
(d) Fidel Castro.
5. The benefit of the HDI in comparison to the GDP is that the GDP does not measure what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(d) Political unrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea?
2. Of the top 25 polluted cities in the world, how many are in China according to the author?
3. According to the author in Chapter 9, to ensure accuracy, the real GDP is a figure that has been adjusted to account for what?
4. What is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the owner as a form of compensation for the use of the assets?
5. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the fifth?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)