|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(b) Oval Palace Executive Class.
(c) Original Plan Excluding Copyright.
(d) Oil and Petroleum Exclusion Clause.
2. What is generally a fungible, negotiable financial instrument representing financial value?
(c) Index fund.
3. In what year did Douglas Ivester tell his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
4. What is the fourth simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
(a) Raising capital.
(c) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
(d) Insuring against risk.
5. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ross Perot ran for President of the United States in what year?
2. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
3. Incomes rose between 1970 and 1999, yet those who described themselves as as "very happy" decreased from 36% to what?
4. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
5. What is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time frame?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)