|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a component of the financial markets for assets involved in short-term borrowing and lending with original maturities of one year or shorter time frames?
(a) Index fund.
(b) Money market.
(c) Mutual fund.
(d) Floating exchange rate.
2. What is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the owner as a form of compensation for the use of the assets?
3. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) A poison.
(b) An alkaloid.
(c) An evil potion.
(d) An aphrodesiac.
5. When did the Korean War end?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
2. What is a mathematical equation for an unknown function of one or several variables that relates the values of the function itself and its derivatives of various orders?
3. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the second?
4. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many oil-producing countries?
5. In finance, what is a debt security in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt and, depending on the terms, is obliged to pay interest to use and/or to repay the principal at a later date?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)