|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Behavioral economics intertwine economics and what?
2. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. In finance, what is a derivative financial instrument that specifies a contract between two parties for a future transaction on an asset at a reference price?
4. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
(a) Ted Turner.
(b) Donald Trump.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Fidel Castro.
5. Gary Becker is a professor of economics, sociology at what institution?
(a) Fordham University.
(b) The University of Montana.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
2. Gary Becker received the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom in what year?
3. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
4. What describes the extent to which time or effort is well used for the intended task or purpose?
5. What represents the original capital paid into or invested in the business by its founders?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)