|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors to buy stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, and/or other securities?
(a) Index fund.
(b) Asset allocation.
(c) Foreign Exchange Market.
(d) Mutual fund.
2. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
3. What is an investment strategy that attempts to balance risk versus reward by adjusting the percentage of each asset in an investment portfolio according to the investors risk tolerance, goals and investment time frame?
(a) Adverse selection.
(b) Asset allocation.
(c) Futures contract.
(d) Money market.
4. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
(a) Keeping enough money on hand.
(b) Analyzing risk.
(c) Paying out interest.
(d) Using their own money.
5. According to the author, financial markets boil down to four basic simple needs. What is the first discussed in Chapter 7?
(b) Insuring against risk.
(c) Raising capital.
(d) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
2. According to the author in Chapter 3, it's up to whom to consider the broad social consequences of decisions In a market economy?
3. What is a collective investment scheme that aims to replicate the movements of an index of a specific financial market regardless of market conditions?
4. What is a financial term denoting a collection of investments held by an investment company, hedge fund, financial institution or individual?
5. What is a term used in economics that refers to a market process in which "bad" results occur when buyers and sellers have asymmetric information?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)