|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Becker is a professor of economics, sociology at what institution?
(a) The University of Montana.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Fordham University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. Michael Jensen is a professor at what university's business school?
(a) Fordham University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
3. What is a collective investment scheme that aims to replicate the movements of an index of a specific financial market regardless of market conditions?
(a) Futures contract.
(b) Index fund.
(c) Public policy.
(d) Money market.
4. According to the author in Chapter 1, companies want to profit, and consumers want what?
5. Gary Becker received the United States Presidential Medal of Freedom in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
2. What contends that prices of publicly traded assets reflect all publicly available information?
3. What is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors to buy stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, and/or other securities?
4. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the first?
5. When did the Cuban Revolution begin?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)