|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Becker figured that the stock of skills, education, training and an individual's health constitutes about what percent of a modern economy's wealth?
2. According to the author in Chapter 7, the basic set of rules and investor should follow is to do what?
(a) Research, invest, watch.
(b) Save, invest, and repeat.
(c) Invest, watch, sell.
(d) Research, fact check, invest.
3. What is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors to buy stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, and/or other securities?
(a) Foreign Exchange Market.
(b) Mutual fund.
(c) Asset allocation.
(d) Index fund.
4. When was Douglas Ivester born?
5. According to Burton G. Malkiel in the Forward, economists often don't show a connection to what?
(a) Wall Street.
(d) Everyday life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did politicians try to deal with the level of pollution by limiting driving based on license plate numbers, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. In economics and sociology, what refers to any factor that enables or motivates a particular course of action or counts as a reason for preferring one choice to the alternatives?
3. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
4. What rhetorical question do economists ask, according to the author in Chapter 1?
5. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)