|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
2. North Korea is a single-party state under a united front led by what party?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Korean Entitlement Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Korean Workers' Party.
3. In what year did Douglas Ivester tell his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
4. According to the author, financial markets boil down to four basic simple needs. What is the second discussed in Chapter 7?
(a) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
(c) Raising capital.
(d) Insuring against risk.
5. What represents the original capital paid into or invested in the business by its founders?
(a) Pork barrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
2. What refers to the stock of competencies, knowledge and personality attributes embodied in the ability to perform labor so as to produce economic value?
3. OPEC has maintained its headquarters where since 1965?
4. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
5. Gary Becker figured that the stock of skills, education, training and an individual's health constitutes about what percent of a modern economy's wealth?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)