|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a professionally managed type of collective investment scheme that pools money from many investors to buy stocks, bonds, short-term money market instruments, and/or other securities?
(a) Foreign Exchange Market.
(b) Asset allocation.
(c) Index fund.
(d) Mutual fund.
2. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
(a) Employer branding.
(b) The Juche Idea.
(d) Futures contract.
3. When did the Cuban Revolution begin?
4. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, the basic set of rules and investor should follow is to do what?
(a) Save, invest, and repeat.
(b) Invest, watch, sell.
(c) Research, fact check, invest.
(d) Research, invest, watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. A market economy delegates resources to an area where they are what, according to the author in Chapter 1?
2. According to the author, there are two lessons to be learned from a monopoly situation. What is the first?
3. Gary Becker figured that the stock of skills, education, training and an individual's health constitutes about what percent of a modern economy's wealth?
4. What is an economic model of price determination in a market that concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers will equal the quantity supplied by producers?
5. What is the third simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)