|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
2. In economics and sociology, what refers to any factor that enables or motivates a particular course of action or counts as a reason for preferring one choice to the alternatives?
3. What refers to a market where prices are determined by supply and demand?
(a) Controlled market.
(b) Random market.
(c) Free market.
(d) Influx market.
4. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Ted Turner.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Donald Trump.
5. The Cuban Revolution deposed what dictator?
(a) Fulgencio Batista.
(b) Nicholas Sarkozy.
(c) Roberto Goizueta.
(d) Fidel Castro.
Short Answer Questions
1. In finance, what is a debt security in which the authorized issuer owes the holders a debt and, depending on the terms, is obliged to pay interest to use and/or to repay the principal at a later date?
2. According to the author, the Hope Scholarships were a plan wherein students could borrow money for college and pay back their loans after they graduated using what?
3. What is the third simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
4. What is an investment position intended to offset potential losses that may be incurred by a companion investment?
5. Who introduced the Hope credit?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)