|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
(a) The uniform pay scale.
(d) Supply and demand.
2. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) An aphrodesiac.
(b) An alkaloid.
(c) An evil potion.
(d) A poison.
3. When did the Korean War end?
4. What refers to a market where prices are determined by supply and demand?
(a) Influx market.
(b) Free market.
(c) Controlled market.
(d) Random market.
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, the basic set of rules and investor should follow is to do what?
(a) Research, fact check, invest.
(b) Save, invest, and repeat.
(c) Invest, watch, sell.
(d) Research, invest, watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What represents the original capital paid into or invested in the business by its founders?
2. What is a financial term denoting a collection of investments held by an investment company, hedge fund, financial institution or individual?
3. What is an investment position intended to offset potential losses that may be incurred by a companion investment?
4. What is the fourth simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
5. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)