|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) An alkaloid.
(b) An aphrodesiac.
(c) A poison.
(d) An evil potion.
2. Ross Perot ran for President of the United States in what year?
3. What refers to a market where prices are determined by supply and demand?
(a) Free market.
(b) Random market.
(c) Controlled market.
(d) Influx market.
4. In what year did Douglas Ivester tell his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
5. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. A market economy delegates resources to an area where they are what, according to the author in Chapter 1?
2. In economics, what is a good that is non-rival and non-excludable?
3. According to Burton G. Malkiel in the Forward, economists often don't show a connection to what?
4. Where did politicians try to deal with the level of pollution by limiting driving based on license plate numbers, according to the author in Chapter 2?
5. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)