|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Michael Jensen refers to company stock options as what in Chapter 2?
(a) "Cocaine for businessmen."
(b) "Managerial heroin."
(c) "Wall Streets marijuana."
(d) "A trough of money."
2. Douglas Ivester was appointed as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Coca-Cola Company after whose death?
(a) Mark Miringhoff.
(b) Ronald Coase.
(c) Roberto Goizueta.
(d) George Stigler.
3. What rhetorical question do economists ask, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) "Who feeds Paris?"
(b) "Who smells Detroit?"
(c) "Who hears New York?"
(d) "Who sees London?"
4. In economics and sociology, what refers to any factor that enables or motivates a particular course of action or counts as a reason for preferring one choice to the alternatives?
5. What is a mathematical equation for an unknown function of one or several variables that relates the values of the function itself and its derivatives of various orders?
(a) Differential equation.
(b) Deductive equation.
(c) Derivative equation.
(d) Depression equation.
Short Answer Questions
1. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many oil-producing countries?
2. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
3. According to Burton G. Malkiel in the Forward, economists often don't show a connection to what?
4. When was Douglas Ivester born?
5. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)