|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
(a) Using their own money.
(b) Analyzing risk.
(c) Keeping enough money on hand.
(d) Paying out interest.
2. Douglas Ivester's goal was achieving what when he told his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
(a) Freedom for the German people.
(b) Reinstitution of Communism.
(c) World domination.
(d) Brand recognition.
3. Where did politicians try to deal with the level of pollution by limiting driving based on license plate numbers, according to the author in Chapter 2?
(b) New York.
(c) Mexico City.
4. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
5. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
(b) Per capita.
(c) Adverse selection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author refer to as a situation where individuals work in their own best interest, leading to an improved standard of living for society in general?
2. What are negative results which occur while trying to achieve a goal for the common good?
3. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
4. Burton G. Malkiel is an American economist, most famous for what classic finance book?
5. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)