|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Forward - Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Burton G. Malkiel in the Forward, economists often don't show a connection to what?
(a) Everyday life.
(d) Wall Street.
2. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
3. What does CEO stand for?
(a) Continental Energy Options.
(b) Civil Engineer's Office.
(c) Cheap Everpresent Oil.
(d) Chief Executive Officer.
4. What does the author refer to as a situation where individuals work in their own best interest, leading to an improved standard of living for society in general?
(a) Asset allocation.
(c) Money market.
5. What refers to reasoning which constructs or evaluates deductive arguments?
(a) Critical reasoning.
(b) Deductive reasoning.
(c) Decisive reasoning.
(d) Constructive reasoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rhetorical question do economists ask, according to the author in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
3. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
4. With uniform rules and regulations, the cost of doing business in the private sector is what, according to the author in Chapter 3?
5. What is a mathematical equation for an unknown function of one or several variables that relates the values of the function itself and its derivatives of various orders?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)