Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Korean War end?
2. What represents the original capital paid into or invested in the business by its founders?
(d) Pork barrel.
3. In what year did the French government try to address its unemployment rates with what the author calls the economic equivalent of fool's gold?
4. Michael Jensen is a professor at what university's business school?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Fordham University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. According to the author, financial markets boil down to four basic simple needs. What is the second discussed in Chapter 7?
(b) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
(c) Insuring against risk.
(d) Raising capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
2. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
3. In what year did Douglas Ivester tell his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
4. Burton G. Malkiel is an American economist, most famous for what classic finance book?
5. What rhetorical question do economists ask, according to the author in Chapter 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)