|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the third?
(a) National savings.
(c) Income inequality.
(d) Current account surplus/deficit.
2. According to the author in Chapter 13, when it comes to gaining economic power, it's best to avoid what, which depletes resources and limits education?
3. What is a financial term denoting a collection of investments held by an investment company, hedge fund, financial institution or individual?
4. Douglas Ivester's goal was achieving what when he told his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
(a) Freedom for the German people.
(b) Brand recognition.
(c) Reinstitution of Communism.
(d) World domination.
5. What is a contract between two parties that specifies conditions under which payments, or payoffs, are to be made between the parties?
(b) Exchange rate.
(d) Futures contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a collective investment scheme that aims to replicate the movements of an index of a specific financial market regardless of market conditions?
2. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of how many delegates?
3. What is the third simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
4. According to the author in Chapter 2, a horn from a black rhinoceros can fetch what amount on the black market?
5. What are negative results which occur while trying to achieve a goal for the common good?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)