|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the Hope Scholarships were a plan wherein students could borrow money for college and pay back their loans after they graduated using what?
(a) Regular debit payments.
(b) Interest free payments.
(c) A percentage of their annual income.
(d) Government bonds.
2. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
3. Mark Miringhoff believes the nation should have what, as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A "portfolio of morals."
(b) A "social report card."
(c) More laws on bankers.
(d) An army, navy, and airforce.
4. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Donald Trump.
(c) Ted Turner.
(d) Fidel Castro.
5. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
(a) Keeping enough money on hand.
(b) Paying out interest.
(c) Analyzing risk.
(d) Using their own money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In France, what president wanted to come up with a way to measure human happiness, as described in Chapter 9?
2. What refers to a currency which is expected to fluctuate erratically or depreciate against other currencies?
3. What refers to reasoning which constructs or evaluates deductive arguments?
4. What is an economic model of price determination in a market that concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers will equal the quantity supplied by producers?
5. When did Ross Perot found Electronic Data Systems?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)