|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, the author states that according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, over how many people in this world don't get enough to eat?
(a) 350 million.
(b) 1 billion.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 800 million.
2. Of the top 25 polluted cities in the world, how many are in China according to the author?
3. What is the third simple need of financial markets, as discussed in Chapter 7?
(a) Insuring against risk.
(c) Storing, protecting and making profitable use of excess capital.
(d) Raising capital.
4. The Chinese GDP has grown substantially over the past decade, yet its success is correlated to what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) Quality of life.
(b) Utility costs.
(c) Environmental degradation.
(d) Interest payments.
5. According to the author in Chapter 11, the problem with this gold standard was the central bank could do what?
(a) Charge interest.
(b) Require collateral.
(c) Devalue the currency.
(d) Manipulate exchange rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In economics, what is a good that is non-rival and non-excludable?
2. Where does the author live and work today?
3. When did the California Gold Rush begin?
4. What are negative results which occur while trying to achieve a goal for the common good?
5. What publication commented on the French president's desire to come up with a way to measure human happiness, saying that it's like asking experts to put a number on spiritual matters?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)