|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark Miringhoff believes the nation should have what, as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A "social report card."
(b) An army, navy, and airforce.
(c) More laws on bankers.
(d) A "portfolio of morals."
2. Incomes rose between 1970 and 1999, yet those who described themselves as as "very happy" decreased from 36% to what?
3. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
(a) Analyzing risk.
(b) Using their own money.
(c) Keeping enough money on hand.
(d) Paying out interest.
4. In Chapter 13, the author states that according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization, over how many people in this world don't get enough to eat?
(a) 350 million.
(b) 800 million.
(c) 100 million.
(d) 1 billion.
5. What refers to the degree to which a correct forecast of a system's state can be made either qualitatively or quantitatively?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Korean War end?
2. What is the economic policy of restraining trade between states through methods such as tariffs on imported goods, restrictive quotas, and a variety of other government regulations designed to allow "fair competition" between imports and goods and services produced domestically?
3. When was Douglas Ivester born?
4. What is the financial system consisting of institutions and regulators that act on the international level, as opposed to those that act on a national or regional level?
5. In 1900, the average wage was how much per hour according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)