|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lehman Brothers bank problem in 2008 occurred because the banks weren't what, according to the author?
(a) Keeping enough money on hand.
(b) Analyzing risk.
(c) Paying out interest.
(d) Using their own money.
2. When was Douglas Ivester born?
3. The benefit of the HDI in comparison to the GDP is that the GDP does not measure what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
(d) Political unrest.
4. Gary Becker figured that the stock of skills, education, training and an individual's health constitutes about what percent of a modern economy's wealth?
5. What, according to the author, motivates talented teachers to leave to go onto other professions?
(b) Supply and demand.
(c) The uniform pay scale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a form of tourism involving visiting fragile, pristine, and usually protected areas, intended as a low impact and often small scale alternative to standard commercial tourism?
2. What is a mathematical equation for an unknown function of one or several variables that relates the values of the function itself and its derivatives of various orders?
3. In economics and sociology, what refers to any factor that enables or motivates a particular course of action or counts as a reason for preferring one choice to the alternatives?
4. According to the author in Chapter 9, the average wage of an American in the year 2000 was over how much hourly?
5. In Chapter 12, the author states that statistics clearly show that the world is growing more economically what?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)