|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many oil-producing countries?
2. OPEC has maintained its headquarters where since 1965?
3. In 1900, the average wage was how much per hour according to the author in Chapter 9?
(a) 54.2 cents.
(b) 14.8 cents.
(c) 32.8 cents.
(d) 23.7 cents.
4. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
(a) Per capita.
(d) Adverse selection.
5. Charles Wheelan was an unsuccessful Democratic candidate in the special election for Illinois's 5th congressional district, the seat vacated by whom?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Rahm Emanuel.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Barack Obama.
Short Answer Questions
1. The delegates at the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference created the World Bank, which is owned by how many member countries?
2. North Korea is a single-party state under a united front led by what party?
3. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
4. In Chapter 12, the author states that statistics clearly show that the world is growing more economically what?
5. In lending agreements, what is a borrower's pledge of specific property to a lender, to secure repayment of a loan?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)