|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the seventh?
(a) Current account surplus/deficit.
(b) National savings.
(d) Total national happiness.
2. In the Epilogue, the author discusses seven issues used to understand and improve the world. What is the third?
(a) Maximizing utility.
(b) The divide between the rich and the poor.
(d) The market.
3. What is a collective investment scheme that aims to replicate the movements of an index of a specific financial market regardless of market conditions?
(a) Futures contract.
(b) Index fund.
(c) Public policy.
(d) Money market.
4. Of the top 25 polluted cities in the world, how many are in China according to the author?
5. Ross Perot ran for President of the United States in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference was a gathering of how many delegates?
2. With uniform rules and regulations, the cost of doing business in the private sector is what, according to the author in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 9, the author discusses how fifteen years ago what nation was on top of the world economically?
4. Douglas Ivester's goal was achieving what when he told his sales team to pass free Coca-Cola around as the Berlin Wall toppled?
5. When did the Korean War begin?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)