|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 11-Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
(a) An evil potion.
(b) A poison.
(c) An alkaloid.
(d) An aphrodesiac.
2. In Chapter 12, the author states that statistics clearly show that the world is growing more economically what?
3. In France, what president wanted to come up with a way to measure human happiness, as described in Chapter 9?
(a) Nicholas Sarkozy.
(b) François Mitterrand.
(c) Charles de Gaulle.
(d) Jacques Chirac.
4. What does OPEC stand for?
(a) Oil and Petroleum Exclusion Clause.
(b) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
(c) Original Plan Excluding Copyright.
(d) Oval Palace Executive Class.
5. The horns of the black rhinoceros are used to make what for the Yemenese people, according to the author in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 9, the average wage of an American in the year 2000 was over how much hourly?
2. What is a situation that involves losing one quality or aspect of something in return for gaining another quality or aspect?
3. When did the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference take place?
4. What is generally a fungible, negotiable financial instrument representing financial value?
5. According to the author in Chapter 12, studies show that globalizing countries had what percentage higher growth rate than other countries that were less integrated in the world economy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)