|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cuba remained a territory of Spain until the Spanish-American War ended in what year?
2. What term was first used in the early 1990s to denote an organization's reputation as an employer?
(a) Futures contract.
(b) Employer branding.
(d) The Juche Idea.
3. What, as defined by the International Labour Organization, occurs when people are without jobs and they have actively sought work within the past four weeks?
4. The Cuban Revolution deposed what dictator?
(a) Roberto Goizueta.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) Nicholas Sarkozy.
(d) Fulgencio Batista.
5. Gary Becker was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Great Depression begin in the United States?
2. What publication commented on the French president's desire to come up with a way to measure human happiness, saying that it's like asking experts to put a number on spiritual matters?
3. When was the Federal Reserve Act enacted?
4. In order to get a true understanding of an economy, there are nine factors one should consider along with the GDP according to the author in Chapter 9. What is the first?
5. What is the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)