|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country withdrew from OPEC in 2008 after it became a net importer of oil?
(a) The United States.
2. In Chapter 9, the author discusses how fifteen years ago what nation was on top of the world economically?
3. According to the author in Chapter 9, the average wage of an American in the year 2000 was over how much hourly?
4. When was Burton G. Malkiel born?
5. In economics, what refers to a general slowdown in economic activity?
(c) Business cycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is generally a fungible, negotiable financial instrument representing financial value?
2. In Chapter 2, the author discusses how the black rhinoceros is nearly extinct and that the horns are considered what?
3. The benefit of the HDI in comparison to the GDP is that the GDP does not measure what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
4. What is generally the principled guide to action taken by the administrative or executive branches of the state with regard to a class of issues in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs?
5. What refers to the increasingly global relationships of culture, people and economic activity?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)