|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the author discusses poverty and income equality, using the example of what billionaire?
(a) Bill Gates.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) Ted Turner.
2. Mark Miringhoff is a social science professor at what institution?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Fordham University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) The University of Alaska.
3. In many countries, the negative effects of the Great Depression lasted until the start of what?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
4. North Korea is a single-party state under a united front led by what party?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Korean Entitlement Party.
(d) The Korean Workers' Party.
5. In the year 2000, a pair of stockings on average would cost how much, according to the author in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 9, the average wage of an American in the year 2000 was over how much hourly?
2. Who gave out free medication in order to help the fight against leprosy, according to the author in Chapter 9?
3. In economics, what refers to a general slowdown in economic activity?
4. What does OPEC stand for?
5. Economists ignored signs of problems in what year because they didn't want to face what might happen in the future, according to the author in the Introduction?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)