|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In finance, what is a derivative financial instrument that specifies a contract between two parties for a future transaction on an asset at a reference price?
2. A market economy delegates resources to an area where they are what, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) Least wealthy.
(b) Least productive.
(c) Most wealthy.
(d) Most productive.
3. In Chapter 9, the author discusses how fifteen years ago what nation was on top of the world economically?
4. What is the capital of the Republic of Cuba?
5. Mark Miringhoff believes the nation should have what, as described in Chapter 9?
(a) A "social report card."
(b) More laws on bankers.
(c) An army, navy, and airforce.
(d) A "portfolio of morals."
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the top 25 polluted cities in the world, how many are in China according to the author?
2. What is a political thesis of Kim Il-sung which says that the Korean masses are the masters of the country's development?
3. What refers to the increasingly global relationships of culture, people and economic activity?
4. What does CEO stand for?
5. Economists call the cycle of recession and recovery what, according to the author in Chapter 9?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)