|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through For Chapters 8-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Americans today are how many times as rich as an American in the 1940s according to the author in Chapter 9?
2. OPEC is an intergovernmental organization of how many oil-producing countries?
3. In many countries, the negative effects of the Great Depression lasted until the start of what?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(d) The Korean War.
4. What is a political thesis of Kim Il-sung which says that the Korean masses are the masters of the country's development?
(a) The Juche Idea.
(b) The Communist Manifesto.
5. What refers to law which has been enacted by a legislature or other governing body, or the process of making it?
(b) Gresham's law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arab members of OPEC alarmed the developed world when they used the "oil weapon" during what war by implementing oil embargoes?
2. What is the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district?
3. What is an assistance paid to a business or economic sector?
4. Michael Jensen is a professor at what university's business school?
5. In France, what president wanted to come up with a way to measure human happiness, as described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)