|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, what faith does Schwartz embrace?
2. According to the famous sociologist, what happens when social roles are taken away from a person?
(a) The person dies.
(b) The person is lost.
(c) One finds themself.
(d) There is no one left.
3. Whom does Schwartz meet who influences him to get into meditation?
(a) An Indian philosopher.
(b) A Hindu.
(c) A Buddhist.
(d) A Catholic Priest.
4. In Chapter 8, Schwartz explains that when one is sick. one can experience more ______.
(a) Time with family.
(c) Time alone.
(d) Life's little treasures.
5. In Chapter 6, Schwartz states that one should focus on __________.
(a) Things that really matter.
(b) The future.
(d) The past.
6. Schwartz explains that one can change who they are despite what new occurrence in one's life?
(a) Being completely dependent on others.
(b) Not being able to walk.
(c) Not being able to speak.
(d) Living in an extended care facility.
7. Schwartz explains that one should set goals of being _____ and outgoing, even when you do not feel it.
8. In order to develop new relationships, one must be __________.
(a) Hopeful and generous.
(b) Loving and open to sharing.
(c) Vulnerable and emotional.
(d) Kind and approachable.
9. Schwartz explains that one is more likely to be absorbed by which state?
10. The first story written about Schwartz was printed in what newspaper?
(a) The Chicago Daily Herald.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Wallstreet Journal.
(d) The Boston Globe.
11. The goal of Buber's portrayal in his book is to keep those involved in the relationship from losing what important quality?
12. In Chapter 8, Schwartz explains that one in declining health should find a way to maintain ______.
13. What loss is a risk of physical infirmity?
(a) Losing one's sense of purpose.
(b) Losing past memories.
(c) Losing recognition of familiar faces.
(d) Losing sight of the future.
14. Schwartz stresses that one should do their best to find ways to be _____.
(b) Less of a burden.
(d) Helpful to those around them.
15. Schwartz states that we must be able to _____ what is going on inside of us.
(a) Only discuss with healthcare workers.
(c) Scream at others.
(d) Keep quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz explains that there will be someone around to help how many hours of the day?
2. Today, what religion does Schwartz find himself drawn to?
3. What did Schwartz say about the teachings at an Orthodox Synagogue?
4. In Chapter 10, Schwartz advises the reader to discover what you find _____.
5. What is the title of Buber's book?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)