|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 8, Being Kind to Yourself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz describes that being gentle to yourself is like ______ yourself.
(c) Giving false hope to.
2. Schwartz tells the story that he regrets being mean towards whom?
(a) A colleague.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) A close, family friend.
3. Schwartz explains that one must treat themselves in what manner?
(b) As if one is invincible.
4. According to Schwartz, relating to whom is important?
(a) All hospital staff.
(b) Just yourself.
(c) Just close friends and family.
(d) Others and yourself.
5. Schwartz states that you should be honest about what to those around you?
(a) When your doctor gives you a bad prognosis.
(b) When you are feeling worse.
(c) When your doctor gives an estimation of how much time one has left.
(d) When you are in a bad mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method does Schwartz use to express his feelings about the progress of his disease?
2. As the disease continues to progress, what type of situations must one must expect to increase in occurrence?
3. Schwartz explains that learning to grieve for yourself is just as important as grieving for whom?
4. What does Schwartz describe as the most difficult event in relating to others?
5. What are the hardest opposites to handle, as described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)