|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 8, Being Kind to Yourself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
(a) Losing the ability to swallow and speak.
(b) Losing the ability to hear.
(c) Losing the ability to see.
(d) Losing the ability to walk.
2. According to Schwartz, when fantasy becomes ____________, one should come back to reality.
3. According to Schwartz, it is crucial that one do things ______ than before.
(a) With more concentration.
(b) More slowly.
(d) With more determination.
4. Schwartz received a diagnosis for what disease?
(a) Brain cancer.
(b) Parkinson's disease.
(d) Pulmonary fibrous.
5. Schwartz states that you should be honest about what to those around you?
(a) When your doctor gives an estimation of how much time one has left.
(b) When your doctor gives you a bad prognosis.
(c) When you are in a bad mood.
(d) When you are feeling worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of grieving can also occur along with good grief?
2. Schwartz has a breakdown nearly how long after the most tragic event of his life?
3. Schwartz explains that there will be someone around to help how many hours of the day?
4. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
5. Schwartz explains that one must accept their difficulties like a(n) _______.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)