|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 8, Being Kind to Yourself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second vital step that Schwartz describes in Chapter 1?
(a) Prepare for a full recovery.
(b) Accept the condition.
(c) Tell your family and friends.
(d) Deny what is happening.
2. What type of feelings will not go away because one is sick?
(a) Anger and resentment.
3. How does one handle stressful emotions, according to Schwartz?
(a) By seeking professional help.
(b) By informing friends and family that help is needed.
(c) By releasing anger.
(d) By relaxing and accepting that achievement is going to come later than expected.
4. Schwartz explains that focusing on _____ is not an effective form of grieving.
(b) Good grief.
(c) Past decisions.
5. What does Schwartz have to learn to control to avoid falling?
(a) His natural implusiveness.
(b) His need to get in his car.
(c) His urge to sleepwalk.
(d) His ability to stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz explains that one should set goals of being _____ and outgoing, even when you do not feel it.
2. Schwartz views grief as a way of giving respect to __________.
3. Schwartz stresses the importance of making ____ for yourself.
4. In Chapter 5, Schwartz states that one must come to terms with whom?
5. What does Schwartz describe as the most difficult event in relating to others?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)