|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 8, Being Kind to Yourself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Schwartz, what emotion results from being unable to act on an impulse to achieve an objective?
2. What action should people always take when they are diagnosed with a debilitating disease?
(a) Pray about it.
(b) Talk about it.
(c) Laugh about it.
(d) Be thankful for it.
3. According to Schwartz, whom do we respect with grief so we can do the same for ourselves?
(b) The dead.
(c) Our pets.
(d) Our close relatives.
4. Schwartz explains that sometimes one in declining health will feel like a _____.
(a) A child.
(b) A infant.
(c) A senior citizen.
(d) A toddler.
5. Schwartz stresses that one must find their place in ____.
(a) The arms of others.
(b) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz suggests that one should set aside time to spend with whom?
2. What does Schwartz describe as the most difficult event in relating to others?
3. After Schwartz was diagnosed with his disease, how did his life change the most?
4. Schwartz must learn to become more _____ as the disease worsens.
5. The best way for Schwartz to express loss is by __________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)