|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 8, Being Kind to Yourself.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When seeking help with the disease, Schwartz finally decided to talk to whom?
(a) A pastor.
(b) One of his students.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) His son.
2. Schwartz views grief as a way of giving respect to __________.
(a) Your family.
(b) Your self.
(d) Your friends.
3. Schwartz watches what part of his body deteriorate slowly?
(a) His sight.
(b) His sense of hearing.
(c) His nerves.
(d) His sense of taste.
4. Schwartz states that we must be able to _____ what is going on inside of us.
(a) Scream at others.
(b) Only discuss with healthcare workers.
(c) Keep quiet.
5. Schwartz refers to what sociologist when discussing social roles?
(a) Karl Marx.
(b) Erving Goffman.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.
(d) Max Weber.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schwartz, the third element of illness that the reader should understand is______.
2. What fantasy will help a person in declining health?
3. According to Schwartz, one in declining health should enjoy being _____________.
4. Schwartz states that you should be honest about what to those around you?
5. What does Schwartz have to learn to control to avoid falling?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)