|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz received a diagnosis for what disease?
(b) Pulmonary fibrous.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Parkinson's disease.
2. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
(c) Pulmonary fibrosis.
3. How does one handle stressful emotions, according to Schwartz?
(a) By relaxing and accepting that achievement is going to come later than expected.
(b) By releasing anger.
(c) By informing friends and family that help is needed.
(d) By seeking professional help.
4. Schwartz warns his readers that illness can have what effect on someone's life?
(a) The illness can be all your friends and family think about.
(b) The illness can be forgotten.
(c) The illness can swallow up your life.
(d) Your life can become worthless.
5. What did Schwartz refer to as the most surprising occurrence in beginning of his illness?
(a) Losing the ability to walk.
(b) Losing the ability to hear.
(c) Losing the ability to see.
(d) Losing the ability to swallow and speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schwartz recognizes that _____ are associated with the more difficult periods of the disease.
2. Grief is a form release that can help one feel _____.
3. According to Schwartz, what action should you take when feeling angry?
4. The best way for Schwartz to express loss is by __________.
5. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)