|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz explains that one must accept their difficulties like a(n) _______.
(a) Innocent child.
(c) Mature human being.
(d) Wild teen.
2. In Chapter 4, Schwartz explains that one's feelings are going to become _______.
3. When does acceptance occur, according to Schwartz?
(b) It never occurs.
(c) Not immediately.
(d) Within a few days.
4. According to Schwartz, what is the very best way to avoid letting one's emotions spiral out of control?
(a) Join a support group.
(b) Talk to friends about the disease.
(c) Ask for help.
(d) Keep a journal.
5. Where did Schwartz teach?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Ohio State University.
(d) Brandeis University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unresolved grief can turn good grief into what type of grief?
2. According to Schwartz, when fantasy becomes ____________, one should come back to reality.
3. According to Schwartz, what action should you take when feeling angry?
4. Schwartz states the important point that when one grieves for what has been lost, it is also important to _____.
5. In Chapter 1, Living with Physical Limitation, Schwartz advises the reader that they will first recognize ________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)