|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Understanding Where You Are Now, Chapter 4, Reaching Acceptance.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Sing along with the music.
(c) Play the guitar.
(d) Enjoy music.
2. When does acceptance occur, according to Schwartz?
(b) Within a few days.
(c) Not immediately.
(d) It never occurs.
3. According to Schwartz, sufferers should ask friends and family in advance for a ______.
(a) Compassionate nudge.
(b) Daily phone call.
(c) Daily hug.
(d) Positive outlook.
4. While in a therapy session, Schwartz volunteers to act out what scene?
(a) His own death.
(b) A scene from the loss of his child.
(c) The happiness moment of his life.
(d) A scene from his mother's death.
5. Where did Schwartz teach?
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Brandeis University.
(d) Ohio State University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fantasy will help a person in declining health?
2. Before being diagnosed with ALS, what other disease kept Schwartz from physical activity?
3. Schwartz watches what part of his body deteriorate slowly?
4. According to Schwartz, what is the very best way to avoid letting one's emotions spiral out of control?
5. What type of grieving can also occur along with good grief?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)