|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 7, Relating to Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz explains that one should not try to change _________.
(a) Too slowly.
(b) Without giving notice.
(c) At a snail's pace.
(d) Too quickly.
2. Schwartz relates that in trying to distinguish between what you want and what you need, one should have what basic need?
(a) The need to make other like you.
(b) The need to change.
(c) The need to feel connected to others.
(d) The need to listen and not talk.
3. What are the hardest opposites to handle, as described in Chapter 4?
(a) Wanting to care and be cared for at the same time.
(b) Wanting to live and die at the same time.
(c) Wanting to walk and be still at the same time.
(d) Wanting to cry and laugh at the same time.
4. Schwartz tells those in declining health that they should take on what characteristics?
(a) Jealously and honesty.
(b) Hopefulness and happiness.
(c) Sadness and anger.
(d) Kindness and generostiy.
5. What action does Schwartz ask his friends and family to perform when he is feeling up or down?
(a) To encourage him.
(b) To hug him.
(c) To keep him in reality.
(d) To keep in touch with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of feelings will not go away because one is sick?
2. According to Schwartz, what is the effect of negative feelings?
3. Even though Schwartz is not able to dance when he hears music, he is described as still being able to ______.
4. In Chapter 5, Schwartz states that one must come to terms with whom?
5. Schwartz explains that it is important for relationships to be ______.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)