|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Getting to Where You Want to Be, Chapter 7, Relating to Others.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Schwartz stresses the importance of coming to terms with __________.
(a) Declining health.
(b) Your own prognosis.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
2. According to Schwartz, one should accept the past as _____.
(a) The future.
(d) The past.
3. Schwartz states that there will be times when one is psychologically ________ due to one's illness.
(b) Resistant to help.
4. Schwartz views grief as a way of giving respect to __________.
(a) Your family.
(b) Your friends.
(c) Your self.
5. Schwartz uses his feelings of mourning as a source of ______.
(b) New emotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which vigorous, physical activity did Schwartz enjoy before he was diagnosed with ALS?
2. According to Schwartz, whom do we respect with grief so we can do the same for ourselves?
3. According to Schwartz, what is the most constant feeling one has when in declining health?
4. Schwartz explains that one must struggle to not ______ the past.
5. Schwartz emphasizes that no matter how bad life gets, one should always keep their heart open to whom?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)