|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Salatius warns Julian that the troops are singing a song about:
(a) The gods favoring Persia to win the war.
(b) His deaf-mute servant.
(c) Returning home without him.
(d) The beautiful, desirable women of Persia.
2. According to Priscus, the omens for the military campaign are:
3. Julian tells his generals he is confident he prevails against the Persians because:
(a) A spy tells him that many of the Persians are sick with dysentery.
(b) The Roman soldiers are better trained and more courageous.
(c) He has a recurring dream about the victory.
(d) He has information from the gods.
4. In retaliation for the destruction of the temple to Apollo, Julian closes:
(a) The brothels.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The theaters.
(d) The market.
5. Faustina gives birth to:
(a) A son.
(b) A stillborn child.
(c) A daughter.
6. Before engaging in battle with the Persian troops, Julian takes a day off for:
(a) Sacrifice to the gods.
(b) Repair of his body armor.
(c) Games and horse racing.
(d) Prayer and meditation.
7. Julian is told of a plot to kill him involving:
(a) The surviving citizens of Maiozamalcha.
(b) Someone close to him.
(d) His deaf-mute servant.
8. Libanius needs permission from ______ to publish his manuscript about Julian.
(b) Bishop Meletius.
9. In the cities he visits en route to Persia, Julian attempts to get people to perform:
(a) The Olympic Torch Ceremony.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The plays of Euripedes and Sophecles.
(d) The rites of the deities.
10. Julian demonstrates his religious zeal by all of the following except:
(a) Sacrificing 1000 white birds.
(b) Slaughtering 100 bulls.
(c) Going to confession.
(d) Praying to the deities.
11. Julian claims not to know how he gets wounded. Callistus:
(a) Says the spear is thrown by a Persian general.
(b) Says Julian falls on his own spear.
(c) Says a Roman soldier throws the spear and hits Julian by mistake.
(d) Also claims ignorance about what happens.
12. When the temple to Apollo is burned, Julian blames:
(a) Traitorous soldiers.
(b) The Christians.
(c) Supporters of Constantius.
(d) The Germans.
13. Maximus is put to death for:
(a) Cowardice in battle.
(b) Being a Christian.
(c) Practicing magic.
(d) Being a spy.
14. Julian calls Jesus Christ:
(a) The Messiah.
(b) The Galilean.
(c) The Son of Man.
(d) The Savior.
15. Julian spends his last moments before dying with:
(a) Libanius and Priscus.
(b) Priscus and Maximus.
(c) Victor and Jovian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian claims to support religious freedom, but he clearly favors:
2. According to this person, Julian's account is somewhat erroneous and self-serving:
3. Julian proposes burning his own ships so that:
4. Priscus says that the omens for Julian personally are:
5. Julian's troops enter Persia and make camp at this river:
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)