|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near Maiozamalcha, Julian and a small scouting party encounter:
(a) An ambush.
(b) A lion.
(c) A eunuch.
(d) An arsenal.
2. On his way to Antioch in section XV, Julian stops in cities along the way and visits:
(a) The sacred river.
(b) Temples to the Hellenistic gods.
(c) Groups of philosophers.
(d) Museums, libraries and theaters.
3. Julian finds the city of Nicromedia in ruins because of:
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A volcanic eruption.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) An attack by German barbarians.
4. At his coronation, Julian takes action that is strictly forbidden: He:
(a) Salutes the legions.
(b) Touches the emperor.
(c) Embraces the emperor's wife.
(d) Kisses his wife.
5. As a youngster, Gallus is best described as:
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian learns that Constantius is planning to march against him:
2. What aspect of Gallus' character is revealed by his treatment of Hilarius?
3. After his initial confrontation with the Persians, Julian slaughters:
4. Gallus marries Constantius' sister, named ____.
5. Julian desires to use his authority as Augustus to influence the Romans to restore:
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)