|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through XX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person Julian calls "the Galilean" is:
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) Oribasius, Julian's close friend.
(d) Mardonius, Julian's tutor.
2. In Section XIX, At Anatha, Julius encounters:
(a) Macrina and a child she claims is Julian's son.
(b) Hadrian, a philosopher he admires.
(c) Mardonius, his boyhood tutor.
(d) A Roman soldier who is left behind when the Romans invaded that city 66 years earlier.
3. Constantius dies of:
(a) A fall from a parapet.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A fever.
4. Alone at the baths, Julian meets all of these people except:
5. While in Gaul, during the actual fighting against the German invaders, Julian:
(a) Rallies the local population to join his cause.
(b) Joins his men at the front and demonstrates his courage.
(c) Makes strategic decisions based on intelligence.
(d) Relies on signs and omens to determine the outcome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Julian's relationship with his wife, Helena, is best described as:
2. Constantius kills Gallus by:
3. In the year of the famine in Antioch, the leaders of Antioch:
4. Julian's public observance of Epiphany is notable because:
5. Constantius appoints Gallus as:
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)