• Libanius and Priscus exchange letters reminiscing about days gone by.
• Libanius plans to publish the Emperor Julian's memoirs under the title "On Avenging the Emperor Julian".
• Priscus agrees to contribute to the memoirs, adding details and making corrections, but he does not want his name associated with the project.
• In their letters, the two friends, now old men, discuss various other topics, including their health and sex lives, the new rulers of the land, and Julian's reign.
• Julian recalls his life as a youngster, his early love of learning, and his relationship with his beloved tutor, Mardonius.
• Julian has a dream about flying into the sun and thereafter believes the sun is his protector.
• Julian also recalls his father who is somewhat distant and shy around his son, but who nevertheless loves the boy dearly.
• Julian's father tells the manager of the family estate that Julian...
This section contains 2,087 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)