|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music accompanies the dialog and action of the play?
(a) banjo music.
(b) old Negro spirituals.
(c) pipe organ music.
(d) New Orleans jazz.
2. What is everyone drinking at the fish fry?
(a) iced tea with mint.
(b) Kentucky bourbon.
(c) boiled custard.
(d) goats' milk.
3. What is so odd to the people about the ark?
(a) it is too small for all the animals.
(b) it is too big to float.
(c) it is nowhere near any water.
(d) it is shaped like a bowl.
4. How many good people does God say he has found?
(a) a small congregation down the road.
(b) only 10 righteous souls.
(c) only Noah and his family.
(d) about 100.
5. What does Cain say about flinging a rock at Abel?
(a) I never miss with a rock.
(b) I can fling farther than he can.
(c) I just want to scare him.
(d) if I hit him, all right; if I miss him all right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the Bible does preacher Deshee start reading?
2. What do Cain the Sixth and the gambling men do at the ark?
3. Why does God tell Cain to raise children?
4. What is the setting for the opening scene of the play?
5. What does Noah say is wrong with women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe God's office in heaven.
2. What does preacher Deshee have to say about Cain?
3. What is the scene like in Noah's house?
4. Who is left in charge in heaven in God's absence?
5. Why do the people refuse to bury Flatfoot after Cain the Sixth stabs him?
6. What does the ark look like as it is built?
7. After 300 or 400 years, what does God decide to do and why?
8. How does preacher Deshee describe God when the children want to know what he looks like?
9. What is Eve like just after she is created?
10. What does Adam seem to be very proud of?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)