|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Moses think God sounds a lot like?
(a) his wife, Zipphorah.
(b) the Egyptian Pharaoh.
(c) his father-in-law.
(d) his brother, Aaron.
2. Where is the ark when Noah looks around?
(a) over the rainbow.
(b) on a hillside.
(c) down in the valley.
(d) up in some trees.
3. When does Hezdrel tell God to leave the battle area?
(a) after the battle is won.
(b) as daylight nears.
(c) when the bugle blows.
(d) in the middle of the night.
4. What makes God say, "Yes!"
(a) Oh, dey crucify de Lawd!
(b) Someone's come to save the world!
(c) Isn't dat God's son?
(d) Oh, dat's a terrible burden for one man to carry!
5. Who is in charge of cleaning God's office in heaven?
(a) Gabriel and Michael.
(b) Sunday School children.
(c) two women.
(d) Adam and Eve.
6. Back in Sunday School, what does preacher Deshee tell the children happened to the Hebrews?
(a) they sinned again and God killed 100,000 of them in one day.
(b) they sinned again and fell into bondage under the Babylonians.
(c) they sinned again and Moses came back to destroy them.
(d) they sinned again and got swallowed up in the earth.
7. What is Pharaoh's throne?
(a) a seat taken from a private train car.
(b) a sofa with a fake tiger skin thrown over it.
(c) an apple crate with a rug thrown over it.
(d) an ordinary armchair with a drapery thrown over it.
8. Why does God approve of Noah's drinking during the time in the ark?
(a) because it was a long steamship ride.
(b) because it kept him dry.
(c) because it helped him deal with Mrs. Noah.
(d) because there was nothing else to do.
9. What does the audience hear that lets them know what is happening on Earth?
(a) the choir singing Go Down, Moses.
(b) voices talking about someone carrying a cross up a hill.
(c) someone crying over a dead body.
(d) the shouts of an angry mob.
10. What does Pharaoh's throne room look like?
(a) a fancy theater.
(b) an African tent.
(c) a Negro Lodge meeting hall.
(d) the lobby of a train station.
11. When Ham throws out he sounding line, what do they discover?
(a) the water is 100 fathoms deep.
(b) a leak in the ark.
(c) the fish all swim away.
(d) only an inch of water under the boat.
12. What does the Babylonian Court look like?
(a) a Southern Baptist church.
(b) a Lodge meeting hall.
(c) a New Orleans nightclub.
(d) a Harlem theater.
13. Why does the Head Magician of Egypt say he cannot do tricks right away?
(a) he needs to wait for his assistant.
(b) he is tired from killing babies.
(c) he has to attend a magicians' meeting.
(d) he left his wand at home.
14. When God appears to Noah on the deck, what does he say?
(a) that Noah must wait a year before leaving the ark.
(b) that he approves of Noah's handling of the ark.
(c) that Noah should be ashamed of himself.
(d) that Noah should always listen to his wife.
15. Back in heaven, what is God doing?
(a) writing at His desk.
(b) talking to Gabriel.
(c) drinking mint tea.
(d) making a list and checking it twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many thunderbolts has Gabriel counted in the morning?
2. Who is in the King's entourage?
3. Back in heaven with God looking seriously at the audience, what does Gabriel want to do?
4. What happens to the turkey-berry bush?
5. As Moses walks off with God, what does he not understand?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)