|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cain say about flinging a rock at Abel?
(a) if I hit him, all right; if I miss him all right.
(b) I never miss with a rock.
(c) I can fling farther than he can.
(d) I just want to scare him.
2. What is preacher Deshee doing as the play begins?
(a) trying to round up children for Sunday School.
(b) preaching to the gathered congregation.
(c) talking to the ladies sewing circle.
(d) teaching a Sunday School lesson to ten children.
3. What is Carlisle's first question to preacher Deshee?
(a) Where is heaven?
(b) How long will this class last?
(c) Why did God create the world as it is?
(d) Can I go to the restroom?
4. Who are the characters participating in the heavenly fish fry?
(a) black angels of all sizes and sexes.
(b) God, Gabriel, and the Archangel.
(c) Adam, Moses, and Seth.
(d) preacher Deshee's congregation.
5. What is the Archangel passing out?
(a) invitations to a party.
(b) Sunday School graduation cards.
(c) napkins and paper plates.
(d) medals to heroic angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Adam asks God?
2. How does Adam look as the scene opens after his creation?
3. What is everyone drinking at the fish fry?
4. What has Cain done to his brother?
5. What kind of music accompanies the dialog and action of the play?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)