|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myron tell Audrey he wants her to accompany him to the meeting with the blackmailer?
2. Where do the B Man and two of his thugs show up to find Myron in Chapter Twenty Three?
3. How did Greg Downing tell the B Man he was going to get the money to pay his gambling debts?
4. What is the crowd's reaction to Myron's playing in Chapter Twenty Six?
5. What information does Esperanza request to investigate her theory about the link between Carla and the blackmail of Greg Downing?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Myron tells Win that Jessica has asked him to move in with her, why doesn't Win respond immediately?
2. How does Myron think Leon White's wife, Fiona, might be involved with Greg Downing?
3. What does Esperanza think brought Carla/Sally to New York?
4. What happens when the B Man visits Myron at his office in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. Describe Myron's relationship with his parents.
6. Explain how Win determines Clip Arnstein is lying about knowing Sally or Carla.
7. What does the bat found behind Greg Downing's dryer and the fingerprints found at Carla's apartment indicate about Downing's possible involvement in her murder?
8. Why does Esperanza think the Raven Brigade came to New York and what does she do to investigate her theory?
9. What in Chapter Twenty Nine lets Myron know that Esperanza is trying to be nice to him after his bad game the previous day?
10. Why does Greg hide out at TC Collins' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three. Tell what you think the author is trying to say about each theme and how he depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Myron's relationship with Jessica and his relationship with Emily. Is there any evidence in the story that Myron still has romantic feelings for Emily or that Emily still has romantic feelings for him? How does Jessica respond when Myron tells her he'll be seeing Emily again as part of his investigation into Greg's disappearance? Does Jessica seem jealous of his relationship with Emily? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Fade Away. Give three examples of symbolism in the plays in this book and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)