|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dimonte think the object the killer is carrying in the videotape contains?
2. Why does Cole Whitman say that Greg Downing could not have killed Carla?
3. Who calls Myron while Audrey Wilson is with him to overhear in Chapter Thirty Seven?
4. Who hands Myron a mysterious manilla envelope at the beginning of Chapter Forty?
5. Where does the person Win and Myron follow at Columbia University take them?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Myron tells Win that Jessica has asked him to move in with her, why doesn't Win respond immediately?
2. What does Clip's statement in Chapter Twenty Four about Greg Downing having learned his lesson about violence years before foreshadow?
3. Why does Win go to Arizona at the end of the novel?
4. What in Chapter Twenty Nine lets Myron know that Esperanza is trying to be nice to him after his bad game the previous day?
5. Describe Myron's playing in the Dragons game in Chapter Twenty Six and how the crowd reacts to it.
6. Is there any evidence in the novel that Myron might still have feelings for Emily Downing?
7. How does Myron figure out where to find Cole Whiteman and what alias Cole is currently using?
8. What shocking secret is revealed on the tape Cole Whiteman sends Myron?
9. Why does say she killed Carla?
10. Explain how Win determines Clip Arnstein is lying about knowing Sally or Carla.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three. Tell what you think the author is trying to say about each theme and how he depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Win and his role as the protagonist's sidekick in the novel. What are his character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder him during the story? In what ways is Win helpful to Myron in the story? Is there any way(s) in which Win is not helpful to Myron in the story? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Esperanza, Jessica, and Maggie from Fade Away. Cite at least three examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)