|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emily's reaction when Myron tells her about Greg's gambling?
2. Who calls Myron while Audrey Wilson is with him to overhear in Chapter Thirty Seven?
3. Where does an anonymous female caller tell Dimonte to search for information about the murder?
4. What does Myron take from Emily Downing's closet and confront Emily with in Chapter Thirty Two?
5. Why does Cole Whitman say that Greg Downing could not have killed Carla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marty Felder, Greg's agent, offer Myron a job?
2. What evidence seems to indicate Emily Downing as Carla's killer and how does Emily explain this evidence to Myron in Chapter Thirty One?
3. When Myron tells Win that Jessica has asked him to move in with her, why doesn't Win respond immediately?
4. Why does say she killed Carla?
5. What in Chapter Twenty Nine lets Myron know that Esperanza is trying to be nice to him after his bad game the previous day?
6. Describe Myron's relationship with his parents.
7. Why does Greg hide out at TC Collins' house?
8. In Chapter Twenty Four, what does Clip Arnstein admit to knowing about Sally/Carla and her relationship with Greg Downing?
9. Why does Esperanza become concerned about Myron when she receives the list of people whose safe-deposit boxes were robbed in Tucson?
10. What shocking secret is revealed on the tape Cole Whiteman sends Myron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jessica's relationship with Myron and how it changes or grows during the course of the novel. How does Myron's return to professional basketball affect their relationship? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Myron Bolitar and his role as the novel's protagonist. What are his character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder him during the story? In what ways is Myron typical and in what ways is he atypical for a protagonist? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Greg Downing and T.C. Collins are star players for the New Jersey Dragons. Compare and contrast the ways they react to their fame. What are the drawbacks, if any, to their superstar status? What are the perks of their superstar status? Does their celebrity status affect their morality in any way? What do you think the author of the novel is trying to say about the celebrity status of professional athletes and the effects of celebrity on athletes through his depiction of these two characters? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)