|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Greg Downing been missing in Chapter One when Myron is hired to find him?
2. What happens just as the B Man is going to make good on his threats to Myron?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Sixteen, what does Audrey tell Myron she thinks is the reason the Dragons signed him?
4. Who greets Myron when he enters the Dragons' locker room in Chapter Six?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe TC Collins' physical appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Norman Lowenstein and what relationship does he claim he has with Sally?
2. What does TC Collins think about fame and why does he act and dress so outrageously, i.e. with multiple tattoos and piercings?
3. What is Myron's history as a professional basketball player and what are the pros and cons of signing him as a player for the Dragons while he is investigating Greg Downing's disappearance?
4. Why is Emily upset when she learns of Greg's endorsement deal with Forte Sneakers?
5. Explain Myron's history with Emily.
6. What ulterior motives does Audrey have when she gets a ride home from Myron in Chapter Sixteen?
7. What does Dimonte reveal to Myron at the end of Chapter Twenty and what does his revelation indicate?
8. What do Win and Myron discover in Greg Downing's bedroom and what does their discovery imply?
9. What behaviors of Greg Downing's described by Clip Arnstein in Chapter One make Downing an unconventional professional basketball player?
10. Why does Myron think that Carla and Sally Guerro are the same person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Myron Bolitar's re-entry into professional basketball as a player. What does Clip Arnstein hope Myron's playing again will accomplish? What does Myron hope his playing again will accomplish? What does Jessica hope Myron's playing again will accomplish? What do Win, and Esperanza fear Myron's playing again will accomplish? How good of a player does Myron think he is and how good of a player is he in reality? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Win and his role as the protagonist's sidekick in the novel. What are his character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder him during the story? In what ways is Win helpful to Myron in the story? Is there any way(s) in which Win is not helpful to Myron in the story? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Harlan Cohen uses a number of red herrings or false clues in Fade Away to make it seem as if the mystery is going in a certain direction, then he surprises the reader when the mystery actually goes in a totally different direction. Cite at least three examples of red herrings from the novel and discuss how Cohen uses this technique to increase the suspense and heighten the dramatic tension in the story.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)