|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Myron live?
2. How does Win know when to come to Myron's rescue?
3. What is Carla's real name?
4. Which of the following statements is not a way Emily's appearance has changed since Myron has last seen her?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the Raven Brigade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ulterior motives does Audrey have when she gets a ride home from Myron in Chapter Sixteen?
2. Why does Myron think that Carla and Sally Guerro are the same person?
3. Why does Myron feel he owes something to Greg Downing?
4. What is Win's relationship with Myron?
5. Describe Myron's relationship with Jessica.
6. What do Win and Myron discover in Greg Downing's basement and what does their discovery imply?
7. What does Esperanza tell Myron in Chapter Nine about the blood found on Greg's wall and what does this fact indicate about the source of the blood?
8. Describe Myron Bolitar's professional credentials and the kind of work he does.
9. Why does Win want Myron to watch the videotape of his knee injury?
10. Why doesn't the New Jersey Dragons team want word of Greg's disappearance to leak to the press and what story do they use in the media to explain the fact that Greg is missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Win and his role as the protagonist's sidekick in the novel. What are his character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder him during the story? In what ways is Win helpful to Myron in the story? Is there any way(s) in which Win is not helpful to Myron in the story? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Fade Away contains a number of instances of foreshadowing. Cite three examples of foreshadowing in the plays and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
While Myron Bolitar is the clear protagonist of the novel, it could be argued that both Audrey Wilson and Greg Downing are antagonists. Compare and contrast these villains. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)