|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jason Blair unhappy with Esperanza in Chapter Twenty Nine?
(a) She is neglecting his business affairs.
(b) His photo is on a Red Sox brochure without his okay.
(c) She won't let him speak with Myron.
(d) She won't accept his invitations to go out on a date.
2. Who turns out to be Carla's real killer?
(a) Audrey Wilson.
(b) Emily Downing.
(c) Greg Downing.
(d) Clip Arnstein.
3. From whom is the envelope handed to Myron at the beginning of Chapter Forty?
(a) Emily Downing.
(b) Cole Whiteman, the leader of the Raven Brigade.
(c) Greg Downing.
4. In Chapter Twenty Three, how long does the B Man say it's been since Greg Downing last made a payment to him?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five or six weeks.
(c) Five or six months.
(d) A year.
5. Who does Myron think may have cleaned up the blood in Greg Downing's basement?
(a) Greg Downing.
(b) Marty Felder.
(c) Clip Arnstein.
(d) Calvin Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a strange woman approach Emily to blackmail her about something Greg has done?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty Seven, what does Myron tell Calvin about Clip Arnstein?
3. Who calls Myron at the end of Chapter Twenty Seven?
4. What does Myron realize about his playing ability in Chapter Twenty Six?
5. Who does Myron think is Cole Whiteman, the leader of the Ravens Brigade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the B Man visits Myron at his office in Chapter Twenty-Three?
2. Does Myron's meeting with Marty Felder in Chapter Twenty Eight solve any of the puzzles he's investigating or does it deepen the mysteries surrounding Greg Downing?
3. What in Chapter Twenty Nine lets Myron know that Esperanza is trying to be nice to him after his bad game the previous day?
4. Explain how Win determines Clip Arnstein is lying about knowing Sally or Carla.
5. What does Clip's statement in Chapter Twenty Four about Greg Downing having learned his lesson about violence years before foreshadow?
6. How does Myron think Leon White's wife, Fiona, might be involved with Greg Downing?
7. What does Esperanza think brought Carla/Sally to New York?
8. Why does Myron take Audrey with him to meet the blackmailer?
9. Describe Myron's relationship with his parents.
10. In Chapter Twenty Four, what does Clip Arnstein admit to knowing about Sally/Carla and her relationship with Greg Downing?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)