|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Esperanza tell Myron that Jason Blair has?
(a) Jason doesn't like Esperanza negotiating his contract.
(b) Jason is trying to get Myron kicked off the Dragons' team.
(c) Jason is threatening to tell the press Greg killed Carla.
(d) Jason says he's kidnapped Greg Downing.
2. Who does Myron think is Cole Whiteman, the leader of the Ravens Brigade?
(a) Sidney Bowman.
(b) Norman Lowenstein, a homeless man who led him to Carla
(c) Clip Arnstein.
(d) Calvin Johnson.
3. What is Clip Arnstein's response when Myron tells him someone cleaned up the blood in Greg's basement?
(a) Clip says he thinks Greg must have done it.
(b) Clip admits he did it.
(c) Clip says he paid TC Collins to do it.
(d) Clip swears he didn't do it.
4. How does Audrey's birthdate identify her as the mystery woman whose clothes and toiletries were found in Greg's home and therefore the woman with whom Greg has been romantically involved?
(a) Her birthdate is Greg's answering machine code.
(b) Greg filed for divorce from Emily on Audrey's birthday.
(c) The clothes and toiletries were birthday gifts from Greg.
(d) Greg bought an engagement ring on Audrey's birthday.
5. Why does Myron want to find out if Leon White's wife Fiona was a September centerfold?
(a) Sepbabe signs her emails with the initial F.
(b) A woman using the screen name Sepbabe emails Greg.
(c) Their emails indicate Greg and Sepbabe are in a romantic relationship.
(d) He thinks he saw her in the September issue of a magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myron tell Audrey he wants her to accompany him to the meeting with the blackmailer?
2. In Chapter Twenty Nine, what does Dimonte tell Myron has hit the morning edition of the newspaper?
3. What terrible secret does Myron learn from the contents of the manilla envelope?
4. What does the blackmailer demand that Myron leave in his car before exiting it?
5. What offer does Marty Felder, Greg Downing's agent, make to Myron in Chapter Twenty Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does say she killed Carla?
2. Does Myron's meeting with Marty Felder in Chapter Twenty Eight solve any of the puzzles he's investigating or does it deepen the mysteries surrounding Greg Downing?
3. What does Clip's statement in Chapter Twenty Four about Greg Downing having learned his lesson about violence years before foreshadow?
4. How does Cole Whiteman describe the murder that the Raven Brigade has been in hiding for since the Sixties?
5. How does Myron think Leon White's wife, Fiona, might be involved with Greg Downing?
6. What does Esperanza think brought Carla/Sally to New York?
7. When Myron tells Win that Jessica has asked him to move in with her, why doesn't Win respond immediately?
8. Why does Win go to Arizona at the end of the novel?
9. What in Chapter Twenty Nine lets Myron know that Esperanza is trying to be nice to him after his bad game the previous day?
10. Why does Esperanza think the Raven Brigade came to New York and what does she do to investigate her theory?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)