|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Myron's caller want Myron to pay for what the caller claims to have?
(a) Twenty thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
2. How does Audrey's birthdate identify her as the mystery woman whose clothes and toiletries were found in Greg's home and therefore the woman with whom Greg has been romantically involved?
(a) Her birthdate is Greg's answering machine code.
(b) Greg bought an engagement ring on Audrey's birthday.
(c) Greg filed for divorce from Emily on Audrey's birthday.
(d) The clothes and toiletries were birthday gifts from Greg.
3. What's the killer carrying in the videotape?
(a) A baby.
(b) A knife.
(c) A plastic garbage bag.
(d) A gun.
4. When Win meets Maggie Mason in the stands before the game in Chapter Twenty Five, what is her response when he asks her why she lied about the last time she spoke to Greg?
(a) She doesn't want to be involved in Carla's murder case.
(b) She says she doesn't want to lose her job.
(c) She says she has proof Greg Downing murdered Carla.
(d) She refuses to answer Win's questions.
5. Why does Myron want to find out if Leon White's wife Fiona was a September centerfold?
(a) Sepbabe signs her emails with the initial F.
(b) Their emails indicate Greg and Sepbabe are in a romantic relationship.
(c) A woman using the screen name Sepbabe emails Greg.
(d) He thinks he saw her in the September issue of a magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since it was going to take six months for Greg to get the money to pay off his gambling debts, what show of faith was he supposed to make in the meantime for the B Man?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Thirty Seven, what does Myron tell Calvin about Clip Arnstein?
3. What does the blackmailer demand that Myron leave in his car before exiting it?
4. What does Dimonte think the object the killer is carrying in the videotape contains?
5. What offer does Marty Felder, Greg Downing's agent, make to Myron in Chapter Twenty Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marty Felder, Greg's agent, offer Myron a job?
2. What evidence seems to indicate Emily Downing as Carla's killer and how does Emily explain this evidence to Myron in Chapter Thirty One?
3. How does Myron think Leon White's wife, Fiona, might be involved with Greg Downing?
4. What does Clip's statement in Chapter Twenty Four about Greg Downing having learned his lesson about violence years before foreshadow?
5. How does Cole Whiteman describe the murder that the Raven Brigade has been in hiding for since the Sixties?
6. Describe Myron's playing in the Dragons game in Chapter Twenty Six and how the crowd reacts to it.
7. Why does Esperanza become concerned about Myron when she receives the list of people whose safe-deposit boxes were robbed in Tucson?
8. Explain how Win determines Clip Arnstein is lying about knowing Sally or Carla.
9. What in Chapter Twenty Nine lets Myron know that Esperanza is trying to be nice to him after his bad game the previous day?
10. In Chapter Twenty Four, what does Clip Arnstein admit to knowing about Sally/Carla and her relationship with Greg Downing?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)