|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrible secret does Myron learn from the contents of the manilla envelope?
(a) Emily Downing has murdered Greg Downing.
(b) Clip Arnstein has mudered Greg Downing.
(c) Greg Downing paid Burt Wesson to injure Myron's knee.
(d) Greg Downing and Myron's girlfriend Jessica are in love.
2. Why does Myron want to find out if Leon White's wife Fiona was a September centerfold?
(a) He thinks he saw her in the September issue of a magazine.
(b) Their emails indicate Greg and Sepbabe are in a romantic relationship.
(c) A woman using the screen name Sepbabe emails Greg.
(d) Sepbabe signs her emails with the initial F.
3. What does Dimonte call Myron to tell him at the end of Chapter Thirty?
(a) That the B. Man is Carla's killer and he has proof.
(b) That Carla's killer is not Greg Downing.
(c) That he has a video of the killer leaving Carla's apartment.
(d) That he has found Greg Downing.
4. What does the envelope contain?
(a) Bribe money from Clip Arnstein.
(b) Old love letters from Emily.
(c) A map to where Greg Downing is hiding.
(d) A letter and a video cassette.
5. What is Clip Arnstein's response when Myron asks if he knows Carla, Sally Guerro, or Liz Gorman?
(a) Clip says Sally Guerro was Greg's girlfriend.
(b) Clip says Carla was Greg's girlfriend.
(c) Clip knows Liz Gorman is a member of the Raven Brigade.
(d) Clip denies knowing anyone by either name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Marty Felder, Greg Downing's agent, make to Myron in Chapter Twenty Eight?
2. How much money does Greg Downing owe the B Man for his gambling debts?
3. Who delights Big Cyndi in Chapter Twenty Three by asking for her phone number?
4. What does Myron take from Emily Downing's closet and confront Emily with in Chapter Thirty Two?
5. In Chapter Twenty Nine, what does Dimonte tell Myron has hit the morning edition of the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Myron's meeting with Marty Felder in Chapter Twenty Eight solve any of the puzzles he's investigating or does it deepen the mysteries surrounding Greg Downing?
2. What shocking secret is revealed on the tape Cole Whiteman sends Myron?
3. Why does Esperanza think the Raven Brigade came to New York and what does she do to investigate her theory?
4. How does Cole Whiteman describe the murder that the Raven Brigade has been in hiding for since the Sixties?
5. Why does say she killed Carla?
6. What does Esperanza think brought Carla/Sally to New York?
7. In Chapter Twenty Four, what does Clip Arnstein admit to knowing about Sally/Carla and her relationship with Greg Downing?
8. When Myron tells Win that Jessica has asked him to move in with her, why doesn't Win respond immediately?
9. What does the bat found behind Greg Downing's dryer and the fingerprints found at Carla's apartment indicate about Downing's possible involvement in her murder?
10. Describe Myron's relationship with his parents.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)