|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Clip and Calvin, who else does Myron recall he has told about the blood in Greg Downing's basement?
(a) Emily Downing.
(c) TC Collins.
(d) Audrey Wilson.
2. What is Clip Arnstein's response when Myron asks if he knows Carla, Sally Guerro, or Liz Gorman?
(a) Clip knows Liz Gorman is a member of the Raven Brigade.
(b) Clip denies knowing anyone by either name.
(c) Clip says Carla was Greg's girlfriend.
(d) Clip says Sally Guerro was Greg's girlfriend.
3. While studying the Raven Brigade photo, of whom does Cole Whitman, the patrician-featured Ravens' leader, remind Myron?
(a) Greg Downing.
(b) Clip Arnstein.
(c) TC Collins.
4. What does Dimonte think the object the killer is carrying in the videotape contains?
(a) Evidence the killer uses to blackmail people.
(b) The baseball bat used to kill Carla.
(c) A gun.
(d) Makeup and a disguise.
5. Where does the person Win and Myron follow at Columbia University take them?
(a) To St. John the Divine's homeless shelter.
(b) To the Dragons' locker room.
(c) To the Parkview Diner.
(d) To Greg Downing's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Myron tell Audrey he wants her to accompany him to the meeting with the blackmailer?
2. What is the crowd's reaction to Myron's playing in Chapter Twenty Six?
3. How did Greg Downing tell the B Man he was going to get the money to pay his gambling debts?
4. What does Myron's caller at the end of Chapter Twenty Seven claim to have?
5. How much money does Greg Downing owe the B Man for his gambling debts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Cole Whiteman tell Myron he saw coming in and out of Carla's apartment on the day of her murder and what convinces Whiteman that Greg Downing is not Carla's killer?
2. Why does Esperanza think the Raven Brigade came to New York and what does she do to investigate her theory?
3. What evidence seems to indicate Emily Downing as Carla's killer and how does Emily explain this evidence to Myron in Chapter Thirty One?
4. Explain how Esperanza handles Jason Blair's contract negotiations with the Red Sox and what her handling of the situation demonstrates about her character.
5. Why does Greg hide out at TC Collins' house?
6. Describe Myron's relationship with his parents.
7. Why does Esperanza become concerned about Myron when she receives the list of people whose safe-deposit boxes were robbed in Tucson?
8. Describe Myron's playing in the Dragons game in Chapter Twenty Six and how the crowd reacts to it.
9. How does Myron figure out where to find Cole Whiteman and what alias Cole is currently using?
10. In Chapter Twenty Four, what does Clip Arnstein admit to knowing about Sally/Carla and her relationship with Greg Downing?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)