|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Donny Walsh, the Dragons' head coach, like Myron being signed as a player?
(a) He prefers to pick his own players.
(b) He hates Myron because Myron once dated his wife.
(c) He thinks Myron's a lousy player.
(d) He thinks Myron's too old to play.
2. Why doesn't the Dragons team want bad publicity right now?
(a) The team is losing and fans aren't coming to the games.
(b) The playoffs are coming up.
(c) The team is having financial trouble.
(d) The owner is trying to sell the team.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Sixteen, what does Audrey tell Myron she thinks is the reason the Dragons signed him?
(a) To generate publicity for the team.
(b) To lead the Dragons to a championship.
(c) To guarantee that the Dragons lose.
(d) To find Greg Downing.
4. Which of the following people does not leave a message on Greg's answering machine?
(a) Chris Darby from Forte Sports, Inc.
(b) A woman named Carla.
(c) Martin Felder, Greg's agent.
(d) Clip Arnstein.
5. What rumor has Audrey heard about Greg Downing's wife Emily?
(a) That Myron is still in love with Emily.
(b) That Emily has been cheating on Greg.
(c) That Greg has hired a private detective to follow Emily.
(d) That Emily is still in love with Myron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the coroner say Carla has been dead?
2. How long has Greg Downing been missing in Chapter One when Myron is hired to find him?
3. What do the Smeltmans tell Myron's parents in Chapter Eight that Myron's mother thinks Myron should have told them?
4. What alias does Myron use at the Parkview Diner?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe TC Collins' physical appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Emily upset when she learns of Greg's endorsement deal with Forte Sneakers?
2. Explain the significance of the firm for which Maggie Mason works to Greg Downing's disappearance.
3. Why does Myron think that Carla and Sally Guerro are the same person?
4. What tale does Myron use to find out who used the phone at the Parkview Diner to call Greg Downing shortly before Downing disappeared?
5. Explain what's ironic about the crowd chanting Myron's name and wanting him in the game the first night he plays for the Dragons.
6. Explain who the Raven Brigade is and what their tie to Carla's murder is.
7. What information do Myron and Win uncover about Carla at the Swiss Chalet in Chapter Six?
8. What is Win's relationship with Myron?
9. Describe Myron's encounter with the B Man in Chapter Seventeen.
10. What does Dimonte reveal to Myron at the end of Chapter Twenty and what does his revelation indicate?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)