|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Donny Walsh, the Dragons' head coach, like Myron being signed as a player?
(a) He prefers to pick his own players.
(b) He thinks Myron's a lousy player.
(c) He hates Myron because Myron once dated his wife.
(d) He thinks Myron's too old to play.
2. At the beginning of Chapter Fourteen, what does Dimonte ask about the people with whom Greg Downing hangs out?
(a) If they're married women.
(b) If they're mobsters.
(c) If they're perversive or politically radical types.
(d) If they're on drugs.
3. Which old college girlfriend does Myron encounter again when he begins investigating Greg Downing's disappearance?
(a) Audrey Wilson.
(c) Big Cindi.
(d) Emily, Greg's ex-wife.
4. What kind of boots does Dimonte wear?
(a) Snakeskin boots.
(b) Crocodile boots.
(c) Leather boots.
(d) Ostrich boots.
5. What is unusual about the clothing Win and Myron find in Greg's bedroom in Chapter Three?
(a) It's torn.
(b) It's been burned.
(c) It's for a man much smaller than Greg.
(d) Some of it is women's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carla's real name?
2. As he steps inside Carla's apartment, what is Myron's first clue that Carla is dead?
3. What place does Myron visit in Chapter Eleven that has a sign outside it that says "do not feed the rats"?
4. How old is Myron?
5. Who does Myron contact at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen about the sequential hundred-dollar bills found in Carla's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Myron think that Carla and Sally Guerro are the same person?
2. Describe Myron's relationship with Jessica.
3. Describe Myron Bolitar's professional credentials and the kind of work he does.
4. Explain the significance of the firm for which Maggie Mason works to Greg Downing's disappearance.
5. Explain Myron's history with Emily.
6. What tale does Myron use to find out who used the phone at the Parkview Diner to call Greg Downing shortly before Downing disappeared?
7. Describe the rivalry between Myron and Greg Downing.
8. Who is Norman Lowenstein and what relationship does he claim he has with Sally?
9. Why is Emily upset when she learns of Greg's endorsement deal with Forte Sneakers?
10. How does the appearance of Emily's dog, Benny, in Chapter Nine compare to what Benny looked like the last time Myron saw him and what does the dog's altered appearance indicate?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)