|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Emily angry that Greg has signed an endorsement deal?
(a) He's endorsing a product she doesn't like.
(b) He's getting less endorsement money than other players.
(c) He didn't tell her about it.
(d) He did it after the divorce, so Emily won't get any money.
2. What is the B Man's specialty?
(a) Making fake passports.
(b) Martial arts.
3. Who is following Myron in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) Two thugs who jumped him at the diner a few nights earlier.
(c) Clip Arnstein.
(d) Greg Downing.
4. What is Myron's favorite drink?
(b) Root beer.
5. Why doesn't the Dragons team want bad publicity right now?
(a) The team is having financial trouble.
(b) The playoffs are coming up.
(c) The owner is trying to sell the team.
(d) The team is losing and fans aren't coming to the games.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Nineteen, what does Myron learn about the money found at Carla's apartment?
2. Where have Greg Downing's ex-wife, Emily, and his children been living since the divorce?
3. What kind of car does Dimonte drive?
4. Which of the following statements describes something Myron and Dimonte do not find in Carla's apartment?
5. What is unusual about the clothing Win and Myron find in Greg's bedroom in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Esperanza tell Myron in Chapter Nine about the blood found on Greg's wall and what does this fact indicate about the source of the blood?
2. Describe Myron's encounter with the B Man in Chapter Seventeen.
3. Describe the rivalry between Myron and Greg Downing.
4. Why doesn't the New Jersey Dragons team want word of Greg's disappearance to leak to the press and what story do they use in the media to explain the fact that Greg is missing?
5. What discoveries does Win make about Greg Downing in Chapter Twenty?
6. Why is Emily upset when she learns of Greg's endorsement deal with Forte Sneakers?
7. Why does Esperanza say she does not go to see Myron play with the Dragons and does Myron seem to agree or disagree with her feelings about his return to basketball?
8. What tale does Myron use to find out who used the phone at the Parkview Diner to call Greg Downing shortly before Downing disappeared?
9. How does the appearance of Emily's dog, Benny, in Chapter Nine compare to what Benny looked like the last time Myron saw him and what does the dog's altered appearance indicate?
10. What does Dimonte reveal to Myron at the end of Chapter Twenty and what does his revelation indicate?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)