|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person Win and Myron follow at Columbia University take them?
(a) To the Dragons' locker room.
(b) To Greg Downing's house.
(c) To the Parkview Diner.
(d) To St. John the Divine's homeless shelter.
2. How much money does Greg Downing owe the B Man for his gambling debts?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
3. Who does the B Man have Esperanza call on speakerphone and have come down to Myron's office?
(b) Clip Arnstein.
(d) Big Cyndi.
4. While studying the Raven Brigade photo, of whom does Cole Whitman, the patrician-featured Ravens' leader, remind Myron?
(a) Clip Arnstein.
(c) Greg Downing.
(d) TC Collins.
5. What is Clip Arnstein's response when Myron tells him someone cleaned up the blood in Greg's basement?
(a) Clip says he paid TC Collins to do it.
(b) Clip admits he did it.
(c) Clip says he thinks Greg must have done it.
(d) Clip swears he didn't do it.
6. What offer does Marty Felder, Greg Downing's agent, make to Myron in Chapter Twenty Eight?
(a) He offers to get Myron another pro basketball contract.
(b) He offers Myron a job in his sports rep agency.
(c) He offers to help him find Greg Downing.
(d) He offers to get Myron some endorsement deals.
7. What is the blackmailer wearing over his head when he meets Myron?
(a) A ski mask.
(b) A paper sack with eye holes cut out of it.
(c) A plastic Mardi Gras mask.
(d) A plastic garbage bag with eye holes cut out of it.
8. Why does Marty say he made the videotape?
(a) To help Greg quit gambling.
(b) To counter Emily's allegations that Greg abused their children.
(c) As a tool to calm Greg who frequently doubts his star power.
(d) As a marketing tool to show potential clients.
9. Where do the B Man and two of his thugs show up to find Myron in Chapter Twenty Three?
(a) Myron's sports agency office.
(b) Greg Downing's home.
(c) The Dragons' locker room.
(d) Jessica's apartment.
10. Why does Myron tell Audrey he wants her to accompany him to the meeting with the blackmailer?
(a) To witness and record what happens.
(b) To photograph the blackmailer.
(c) To identify the blackmailer.
(d) To summon the police if the blackmailer gets violent.
11. Who does Myron think called him with the electronically altered voice?
(a) Greg Downing.
(b) Emily Downing.
(c) Leon White.
(d) Norman Lowenstein.
12. What does Myron realize about his playing ability in Chapter Twenty Six?
(a) He's not good enough for the NBA.
(b) He's too slow to compete at the pro level.
(c) He plays at a professional level but needs more practice.
(d) He has what it takes to be a superstar.
13. Who reveals that he has been disguised as the blackmailer?
(c) Clip Arnstein.
(d) Calvin Johnson.
14. Why does Cole Whitman say that Greg Downing could not have killed Carla?
(a) Carla called Cole's cell phone after Greg left her apartment.
(b) Greg wasn't in Carla's apartment long enough.
(c) Cole killed Carla himself.
(d) Cole saw Carla alive after Greg left her apartment.
15. From whom is the envelope handed to Myron at the beginning of Chapter Forty?
(a) Greg Downing.
(c) Cole Whiteman, the leader of the Raven Brigade.
(d) Emily Downing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jason Blair unhappy with Esperanza in Chapter Twenty Nine?
2. Whose fingerprints does Dimonte find by the door frame at Carla's apartment?
3. On the way to the arena at the beginning of Chapter Four, to what kind of music do Win and Myron listen?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Marty Felder?
5. Where does an anonymous female caller tell Dimonte to search for information about the murder?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)