|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jason Blair unhappy with Esperanza in Chapter Twenty Nine?
(a) She won't let him speak with Myron.
(b) She is neglecting his business affairs.
(c) She won't accept his invitations to go out on a date.
(d) His photo is on a Red Sox brochure without his okay.
2. Who delights Big Cyndi in Chapter Twenty Three by asking for her phone number?
(a) The B Man.
(b) Leon White.
(c) One of the B Man's goons.
3. What does Myron take from Emily Downing's closet and confront Emily with in Chapter Thirty Two?
(a) A box of stolen money.
(b) A coat that matches the one in the video of Carla's killer.
(c) A gun.
(d) A compromising video of Greg with his mistress.
4. What terrible secret does Myron learn from the contents of the manilla envelope?
(a) Emily Downing has murdered Greg Downing.
(b) Clip Arnstein has mudered Greg Downing.
(c) Greg Downing and Myron's girlfriend Jessica are in love.
(d) Greg Downing paid Burt Wesson to injure Myron's knee.
5. What problem does Esperanza tell Myron that Jason Blair has?
(a) Jason is threatening to tell the press Greg killed Carla.
(b) Jason is trying to get Myron kicked off the Dragons' team.
(c) Jason says he's kidnapped Greg Downing.
(d) Jason doesn't like Esperanza negotiating his contract.
6. In Chapter Twenty Six, which of the following people does Myron not see in the stands to watch him play in the Dragons' game?
(b) His parents.
7. What does Myron tell Calvin about the blackmailer?
(a) That the blackmailer has agreed to accept money from him.
(b) That the blackmailer wants to ruin the Dragons.
(c) That the blackmailer knows a terrible secret about Greg.
(d) That he's meeting the blackmailer tonight.
8. Who do Win and Myron follow at Columbia University in Chapter Thirty Four?
(a) TC Collins.
(b) Professor Sidney Bowman.
(c) Leon White.
(d) Emily Downing.
9. Since it was going to take six months for Greg to get the money to pay off his gambling debts, what show of faith was he supposed to make in the meantime for the B Man?
(a) Marry the B Man's daughter.
(b) Sell drugs for the B Man.
(c) Shave points from the Dragons' games.
(d) Make personal appearances the B Man arranged.
10. What information does Esperanza request to investigate her theory about the link between Carla and the blackmail of Greg Downing?
(a) A background check on Greg Downing.
(b) A list of safe-deposit box renters at the Tucson bank.
(c) A list of Greg Downing's credit card debts.
(d) A background check on Carla.
11. Who reveals that he has been disguised as the blackmailer?
(b) Calvin Johnson.
(d) Clip Arnstein.
12. What makes Jason Blair happy after he discusses his discontent with Esperanza?
(a) Myron promises to fire Esperanza.
(b) Esperanza finally lets him speak with Myron.
(c) Esperanza gets him more money & a signing bonus.
(d) Esperanza finally agrees to go out with him.
13. Who calls the B Man Orville?
(a) The B Man's girlfriend.
(d) The B Man's two thugs.
14. How much money does the woman want Emily to pay her to keep silent about the secret she supposedly has about Greg?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Eight thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One hundred thousand dollars.
15. What does Esperanza think is the link between Carla and the blackmail of Greg Downing in New York?
(a) Emily Downing.
(b) The bank robbery in Tucson.
(c) The Raven Brigade.
(d) The New Jersey Dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Bolitar family lived in the same house?
2. How does Emily respond when Greg accuses her of planting the blood and the baseball bat at Greg's house?
3. What does Dimonte tell Myron has happened to the women's clothes and toiletries Myron and Win found at Greg Downing's home?
4. Who is Sidney Bowman?
5. What is the blackmailer wearing over his head when he meets Myron?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)