|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myron take from Emily Downing's closet and confront Emily with in Chapter Thirty Two?
(a) A coat that matches the one in the video of Carla's killer.
(b) A compromising video of Greg with his mistress.
(c) A gun.
(d) A box of stolen money.
2. Why does Myron want to find out if Leon White's wife Fiona was a September centerfold?
(a) He thinks he saw her in the September issue of a magazine.
(b) Sepbabe signs her emails with the initial F.
(c) Their emails indicate Greg and Sepbabe are in a romantic relationship.
(d) A woman using the screen name Sepbabe emails Greg.
3. Who hands Myron a mysterious manilla envelope at the beginning of Chapter Forty?
(b) One of the Dragons' towel boys.
(c) Audrey Wilson.
4. Where is Win's investment company office located in relation to Myron's sports agency office?
(a) Five miles away.
(b) Just down the hall.
(c) In the same building three floors up.
(d) Three buildings away on the same street.
5. Who turns out to be Carla's real killer?
(a) Audrey Wilson.
(b) Emily Downing.
(c) Clip Arnstein.
(d) Greg Downing.
6. Why does Marty say he made the videotape?
(a) To help Greg quit gambling.
(b) To counter Emily's allegations that Greg abused their children.
(c) As a marketing tool to show potential clients.
(d) As a tool to calm Greg who frequently doubts his star power.
7. When the blackmailer approaches Myron, what does Audrey do?
(a) She dials 911 to summon the police.
(b) She screams.
(c) She shoots the blackmailer.
(d) She starts the car and runs over the blackmailer.
8. What does the envelope contain?
(a) Old love letters from Emily.
(b) A map to where Greg Downing is hiding.
(c) Bribe money from Clip Arnstein.
(d) A letter and a video cassette.
9. What does Myron's caller at the end of Chapter Twenty Seven claim to have?
(a) Greg Downing.
(b) A videotape of Greg Downing's kidnapping.
(c) What Myron's looking for and what Downing wanted to buy.
(d) Proof of who murdered Carla.
10. What is Win's response when Myron tells him Jessica wants Myron to move in with her?
(a) Win ignores the subject.
(b) Win says he's not one to ask about such things.
(c) Win tells Myron he doesn't think it's a good idea.
(d) Win congratulates Myron & expresses support for the idea.
11. What videotape does Myron ask Marty to show him during his visit to Marty's office?
(a) A video of the Dragons' most famous games.
(b) A compromising video of Emily Downing.
(c) A video of Greg Downing's most famous plays as a Dragon.
(d) A compromising video about Greg Downing's gambling.
12. What does the blackmailer demand that Myron leave in his car before exiting it?
(b) His gun.
(c) His knife.
(d) His tape recorder.
13. How does Audrey's birthdate identify her as the mystery woman whose clothes and toiletries were found in Greg's home and therefore the woman with whom Greg has been romantically involved?
(a) Greg bought an engagement ring on Audrey's birthday.
(b) Her birthdate is Greg's answering machine code.
(c) Greg filed for divorce from Emily on Audrey's birthday.
(d) The clothes and toiletries were birthday gifts from Greg.
14. On the way to the arena at the beginning of Chapter Four, to what kind of music do Win and Myron listen?
(b) Classical music.
(c) Broadway musical show tunes.
(d) Hard rock.
15. In Chapter Twenty Nine, what does Dimonte tell Myron has hit the morning edition of the newspaper?
(a) An accusation that Greg is Carla's killer.
(b) News of Carla's murder.
(c) News of Greg's disappearance.
(d) A public demand to remove Myron from the Dragons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calvin say Carla contacted him and Clip?
2. How did Greg Downing tell the B Man he was going to get the money to pay his gambling debts?
3. Who does Myron think may have cleaned up the blood in Greg Downing's basement?
4. Who does Myron think called him with the electronically altered voice?
5. What is Clip Arnstein's response when Myron tells him someone cleaned up the blood in Greg's basement?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)