|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myron's contact at the phone company learn about the phone from which Carla called Greg shortly before Greg's disappearance?
(a) It's a cell phone belonging to one of the Dragons.
(b) It's a cell phone belonging to a Dragon coach.
(c) It's a pay phone near Emily's parents' house.
(d) It's a pay phone at a New York diner.
2. Who hires Myron to find Greg Downing?
(a) Audrey Wilson.
(b) TC Collins.
(c) Emily Downing.
(d) Clip Arnstein.
3. What alias does Myron use at the Parkview Diner?
(a) Kevin Townsend.
(b) Wilson Spencer.
(c) Bernie Worley.
(d) James Greenley.
4. Who helps Myron recuperate from his attack in Chapter Eight?
(a) His parents.
(b) Esperanza and Win.
(c) His girlfriend, Jessica.
(d) Big Cyndi.
5. What happens when Myron approaches the white van?
(a) Greg Downing exits the van.
(b) A man with a gun forces him into the van.
(c) A man bursts out of the van and tackles him.
(d) Someone from the van starts shooting at him.
6. What is the B Man's real last name?
7. Which of the following statements does not describe the man in the white van who is wearing a different colored suit than the others and who seems to be in charge?
(a) He has a gun in each hand.
(b) He wears a blue pinstripe suit.
(c) He has white capped teeth.
(d) He has long, bleached-blond hair and a tan.
8. At the beginning of Chapter Sixteen, what does Audrey tell Myron she thinks is the reason the Dragons signed him?
(a) To lead the Dragons to a championship.
(b) To guarantee that the Dragons lose.
(c) To generate publicity for the team.
(d) To find Greg Downing.
9. What rumor has Audrey heard about Greg Downing's wife Emily?
(a) That Myron is still in love with Emily.
(b) That Greg has hired a private detective to follow Emily.
(c) That Emily has been cheating on Greg.
(d) That Emily is still in love with Myron.
10. How long does the coroner say Carla has been dead?
(a) A week.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A month or more.
(d) At least four days.
11. How does the Dragons' official press release explain Greg Downing's disappearance?
(a) It says Greg is recovering from an automobile wreck.
(b) It says Greg has the flu.
(c) It says Greg has an injured ankle and is in rehab.
(d) It says Greg got married and is on a honeymoon.
12. After the B Man and his driver flee, what does Win do when the man holding Myron hostage refuses to drop his gun?
(a) Tells Myron to run.
(b) Summons a doberman to chase the man.
(c) Shoots the man in the face.
(d) Uses martial arts to disarm the man.
13. Which of the following statements does not describe TC Collins' physical appearance?
(a) Muscular and wiry.
(b) Six foot ten inches tall.
(c) Shaved head, tatoos and body piercings.
(d) Twenty pounds overweight.
14. Why can't the blood found at Greg Downing's be Greg's?
(a) Greg's blood type is O and the blood found at his house is AB.
(b) It's Rh positive and Greg's blood is Rh negative.
(c) It's a dog's blood rather than human blood.
(d) It's a cat's blood rather than human blood.
15. What degree black belt does Myron have in tae kwon do?
(a) A second degree.
(b) A first degree.
(c) A third degree.
(d) A fourth degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Myron hits the redial button on Greg's phone in Chapter Three to find out to whom Greg last placed a call, what place does the redial ring?
2. For which government agency has Myron done work in the past?
3. Which martial art is not one that Win studies?
4. Which of the following statements is not a way Emily's appearance has changed since Myron has last seen her?
5. Who drafted Myron to the Boston Celtics ten years ago?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)