|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Audrey want in exchange for not leaking any information about Greg Downing's disappearance?
(a) A date with TC Collins.
(b) An exclusive on the story once Greg is found.
(c) A job with Win's firm.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
2. Who does Myron contact at the beginning of Chapter Thirteen about the sequential hundred-dollar bills found in Carla's apartment?
(b) Fred Higgins in the Treasury Dept.
(c) Clip Arnstein.
3. What conclusion do the items in Carla's apartment lead Myron and Dimonte to come to about her death?
(a) That she's died of natural causes rather than murder.
(b) That Greg Downing had nothing to do with it.
(c) That Carla has committed suicide.
(d) That it was a drug hit.
4. In Chapter Nineteen, what does Myron learn about the money found at Carla's apartment?
(a) It belongs to the B Man.
(b) It belongs to a ruthless drug dealer.
(c) It was stolen in a bank heist in Tucson two months earlier.
(d) It's counterfeit.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Big Cyndi?
(a) She's skinny and has freckles.
(b) She's six-five and weighs over three hundred pounds.
(c) She wears purple mascara and red lipstick.
(d) She has purple spiked hair.
6. Who offers to take Myron to Carla's apartment?
(a) Burt Wesson.
(b) Norman Lowenstein.
(c) A homeless woman who says she knows Carla.
(d) Hector, the diner's owner.
7. What is the cause of Carla's death?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
8. How is the company for which Maggie Mason works related to Greg's disappearance?
(a) Greg and Maggie were romantically involved.
(b) Greg invested and lost money with the company.
(c) Greg's last call before disappearing was to her company.
(d) Greg owed money to the company's owner.
9. Which Manhattan bar does Myron learn in Chapter Seven that Greg visited shortly before his disappearance?
(a) The Happy Hour Club.
(c) The Swiss Chalet.
(d) MacDougal's Pub.
10. Who greets Myron when he enters the Dragons' locker room in Chapter Six?
(a) No one.
(b) TC Collins.
(c) Leon White.
(d) Calvin Johnson.
11. Where does Myron live?
(a) With Win.
(b) With Greg.
(c) In a Manhattan condo.
(d) In the basement of his parents' house.
12. What place does Myron visit in Chapter Eleven that has a sign outside it that says "do not feed the rats"?
(a) The Parkview Diner.
(b) Myron's bedroom.
(c) Myron's office.
(d) Carla's apartment house.
13. What is Greg Downing's connection to the B Man?
(a) He is an old friend of the B Man.
(b) He buys drugs from the B Man.
(c) He owes the B Man money for gambling debts.
(d) He has stolen the B Man's girlfriend.
14. Who is Benny?
(a) Greg's father.
(b) One of the New Jersey Dragons basketball players.
(c) Greg's brother.
(d) Emily's dog.
15. How long does the coroner say Carla has been dead?
(a) At least four days.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A month or more.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Win tell Myron that watching the video replay of his knee injury might give him?
2. Which of the following people does not leave a message on Greg's answering machine?
3. Who is the general manager of the New Jersey Dragons?
4. What alias does Myron use at the Parkview Diner?
5. Which of the following statements is not a way Emily's appearance has changed since Myron has last seen her?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)