|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the B Man and his driver flee, what does Win do when the man holding Myron hostage refuses to drop his gun?
(a) Uses martial arts to disarm the man.
(b) Summons a doberman to chase the man.
(c) Shoots the man in the face.
(d) Tells Myron to run.
2. Why can't the blood found at Greg Downing's be Greg's?
(a) Greg's blood type is O and the blood found at his house is AB.
(b) It's Rh positive and Greg's blood is Rh negative.
(c) It's a dog's blood rather than human blood.
(d) It's a cat's blood rather than human blood.
3. What place does Myron visit in Chapter Eleven that has a sign outside it that says "do not feed the rats"?
(a) The Parkview Diner.
(b) Myron's office.
(c) Carla's apartment house.
(d) Myron's bedroom.
4. How many passports do Myron and Dimonte find in Carla's apartment?
5. Why doesn't the Dragons team want bad publicity right now?
(a) The playoffs are coming up.
(b) The team is having financial trouble.
(c) The owner is trying to sell the team.
(d) The team is losing and fans aren't coming to the games.
6. At the beginning of Chapter Fourteen, what does Dimonte ask about the people with whom Greg Downing hangs out?
(a) If they're on drugs.
(b) If they're perversive or politically radical types.
(c) If they're married women.
(d) If they're mobsters.
7. Who does Esperanza say she wants to hire to help out in the office while Myron plays basketball for the Dragons?
(b) Big Cyndi, her former wrestling partner.
(c) Leon White.
(d) Audrey Wilson.
8. At the beginning of Chapter Sixteen, what does Audrey tell Myron she thinks is the reason the Dragons signed him?
(a) To find Greg Downing.
(b) To guarantee that the Dragons lose.
(c) To lead the Dragons to a championship.
(d) To generate publicity for the team.
9. Where is a white van parked at the beginning of Chapter Seventeen?
(a) Outside Win's house.
(b) Outside Myron's parents' house.
(c) Outside of Jessica's house.
(d) Outside Myron's office.
10. Who tells Myron in Chapter Six that he won't get into a game unless it's a blowout?
(a) Donny Walsh.
(b) Clip Arnstein.
(c) Leon White.
(d) Kip Corovan.
11. With whom was Greg in the bar he visited shortly before his disappearance?
(a) Audrey Wilson.
(b) A woman named Carla.
(c) TC Collins.
(d) Marty Felder.
12. Who attacks Myron once he leaves the bar at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) Big Cyndi.
(b) Kip Donovan.
(c) Two hired goons looking for Greg.
(d) Greg Downing.
13. What does Norman Lowenstein, a homeless man, claim to be?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A physician.
(c) A screenwriter.
(d) Carla's husband.
14. What is Esperanza studying at night at NYU?
15. What do the other players' lockers have at the beginning of Chapter Six that Myron's locker does not?
(a) Bronze plaques with the players' names engraved on them.
(d) A big Dragons logo painted on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is following Myron in Chapter Seventeen?
2. What is Audrey's response when Myron asks her if she thinks drugs might connect Greg Downing to Carla's murder?
3. What is the B Man's specialty?
4. When Myron hits the redial button on Greg's phone in Chapter Three to find out to whom Greg last placed a call, what place does the redial ring?
5. Where have Greg Downing's ex-wife, Emily, and his children been living since the divorce?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)