|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Myron?
2. How long does the coroner say Carla has been dead?
(a) A month or more.
(b) A week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) At least four days.
3. Where do Win and Myron find blood at the end of Chapter Three?
(a) In Greg's basement.
(b) In Myron's office.
(c) In Greg's car.
(d) At Jessica's apartment.
4. What does Audrey want in exchange for not leaking any information about Greg Downing's disappearance?
(a) A job with Win's firm.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) An exclusive on the story once Greg is found.
(d) A date with TC Collins.
5. In Chapter Nineteen, what does Myron learn about the money found at Carla's apartment?
(a) It was stolen in a bank heist in Tucson two months earlier.
(b) It belongs to a ruthless drug dealer.
(c) It's counterfeit.
(d) It belongs to the B Man.
6. When Myron drops Audrey off at her apartment at the end of Chapter Sixteen, who calls him on his cell phone to tell him he's being followed?
(d) His father.
7. What does Myron's contact at the phone company learn about the phone from which Carla called Greg shortly before Greg's disappearance?
(a) It's a cell phone belonging to a Dragon coach.
(b) It's a cell phone belonging to one of the Dragons.
(c) It's a pay phone near Emily's parents' house.
(d) It's a pay phone at a New York diner.
8. Who helps Myron recuperate from his attack in Chapter Eight?
(a) His girlfriend, Jessica.
(b) Big Cyndi.
(c) Esperanza and Win.
(d) His parents.
9. What happens when Myron approaches the white van?
(a) A man with a gun forces him into the van.
(b) Someone from the van starts shooting at him.
(c) A man bursts out of the van and tackles him.
(d) Greg Downing exits the van.
10. Which of the following people does not leave a message on Greg's answering machine?
(a) Martin Felder, Greg's agent.
(b) Chris Darby from Forte Sports, Inc.
(c) Clip Arnstein.
(d) A woman named Carla.
11. What is Esperanza studying at night at NYU?
12. How long has Greg Downing been missing in Chapter One when Myron is hired to find him?
(a) Three months.
(b) Five days.
(c) A year.
(d) Six weeks.
13. How does the Dragons' official press release explain Greg Downing's disappearance?
(a) It says Greg has the flu.
(b) It says Greg got married and is on a honeymoon.
(c) It says Greg is recovering from an automobile wreck.
(d) It says Greg has an injured ankle and is in rehab.
14. Which old college girlfriend does Myron encounter again when he begins investigating Greg Downing's disappearance?
(a) Big Cindi.
(b) Emily, Greg's ex-wife.
(c) Audrey Wilson.
15. At the end of Chapter Twenty, who calls Myron to tell him that the blood in Greg's basement has been cleaned away as if it was never there?
(c) Audrey Wilson.
(d) Clip Arnstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman Lowenstein, a homeless man, claim to be?
2. Who is following Myron in Chapter Seventeen?
3. Why isn't Myron playing for the Celtics now?
4. What is unusual about the clothing Win and Myron find in Greg's bedroom in Chapter Three?
5. What is the cause of Carla's death?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)