1. According to one theory, the Basques are thought to be the original _____.
2. What is the Basque language called?
3. According to the author, what is the most notable sport the Basques are known for?
4. Who outlawed the Basque language?
5. Who was the father of Erik the Red?
6. What does "Hanse" mean in Middle High German?
7. Sterling", according to Kurlansky, means what?
8. Who monopolized the Baltic herring trade and tried the same thing with dried cod in the fifteenth century?
This section contains 3,275 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)