|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Limits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dutch word "schrode" mean?
2. What is the Basque language called?
3. Dorymen's wives made sails for them sewn from _____.
(b) Flour sacks.
(c) Old sheets.
(d) Old clothes.
4. What was the Iceland Coast Guard's secret weapon?
(a) A fire hose.
(b) A linguistics expert.
(c) A radio jammer.
(d) A trawl wire cutter.
5. The word for fresh cod in French is ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Anglo-Saxon word that means "a place that has salt"?
2. What are cod called after the larval stage?
3. In the quota system, groundfish are killed being hauled up do to _____.
4. Who conjectured that cod was named after a husk of seeds because the female holds so many eggs?
5. The Cod Wars started in the middle of what other war?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)