|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Limits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which American President issued a proclamation stating that the U.S. had the right to control mineral resources on its continental shelf?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Harry S. Truman.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
2. Where is Pacific cod found?
(a) Off Alaska.
(b) Near Baja California.
(c) Off the coast of Northern California.
(d) Off the coast of Chile.
3. What is the Anglo-Saxon word that means "a place that has salt"?
4. What is the Basque language called?
5. What is the leading cause of death on a modern trawler?
(a) Freezing to death.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Being crushed by machinery.
(d) Falling overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John Cabot born?
2. Dorymen's wives made sails for them sewn from _____.
3. According to the book, fishing is hardest on what part of the body?
4. Watertight ship holds with holes for circulating seawater to keep fish alive were called _____.
5. What is the name of the one freshwater cod?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)