|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II - Limits.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a net is dragged along the ocean floor?
(a) Deep sounding.
(c) Bottom trawling.
(d) Skim dragging.
2. The twin ports of Hull and Grimsby are on the _____ River.
(a) St. Lawrence.
3. What replaced nylon in gill nets?
(d) Acetate fiber.
4. What is the Anglo-Saxon word that means "a place that has salt"?
5. In Great Britain since the nineteenth century, cod has meant ____.
(c) Government official.
(d) Joke or prank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the long tube of air bladder in a cod that fills and adjusts swimming depth?
2. What was invented in the mid-19th century that was slow to catch on in the fishing industry?
3. Who was the father of Erik the Red?
4. Who returned to Iceland in 1964 and was astounded by its transformation?
5. What is the Basque language called?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)