|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - A Fish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pacific cod found?
(a) Off Alaska.
(b) Off the coast of Chile.
(c) Near Baja California.
(d) Off the coast of Northern California.
2. What does the word "Naumkeag" mean?
(a) Farming land.
(b) Mountain people.
(c) Running horses.
(d) Fishing place.
3. What is the air bladder of the cod used for in industry?
(c) Fishing line.
4. What commodity did Bartholomew Gosnold find in North America?
5. What is the Basque language called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the premier French fishing port in Newfoundland in the early 16th century?
2. John Cabot claimed what land for England?
3. What are the best shore spaces for drying catch called?
4. According to one theory, the Basques are thought to be the original _____.
5. Where was the Puritan minister, Francis Higgenson, from?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)