|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - A Fish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the scientific name for cod?
(a) Oncorhynchus tshawytscha.
(b) Pomoxis nigromaculatus.
(c) Gadus morhua.
(d) Mircopterus salmoides floridanus.
2. What does "Hanse" mean in Middle High German?
(c) Higher power.
3. "In gadiform fish, evolution is seen in the _____."
4. In 1598, with whom were the Catholics at war?
(a) The Hussars.
(b) The Lutherans.
(c) The Huguenots.
(d) The Hanseatics.
5. What is stuffed cod stomach called in the Scottish Highlands?
(b) Float porridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The word for fresh cod in French is ____.
2. Who backed Giovanni da Verrazzano on his travels?
3. What is the air bladder of the cod used for in industry?
4. What is cod pickled with in barrels?
5. Who was sent to Guiana as a death sentence in the 16th century?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)