|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I - A Fish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the original name of John Cabot?
(a) Giovanni Caboto.
(b) Juan Cabota.
(c) Hans Kabut.
(d) Jean Cabotte.
2. What commodity did Bartholomew Gosnold find in North America?
3. Where was the Puritan minister, Francis Higgenson, from?
(d) New York.
4. According to one theory, the Basques are thought to be the original _____.
5. Who was the father of Erik the Red?
(b) Brodir of Man
(c) Cnut the Great.
(d) Leif Erickson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who outlawed the Basque language?
2. What is stuffed cod stomach called in the Scottish Highlands?
3. In Great Britain since the nineteenth century, cod has meant ____.
4. Jacques Cartier is credited for "discovering" the mouth of which river?
5. What are the best shore spaces for drying catch called?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)