|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - The Last Hunters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cod stocks in the _____ were measure by Norwegian officials in 1992 and were found to be healthy again.
(a) Irish box.
(b) North Sea.
(c) Norwegian box.
(d) Barents Sea.
2. The word for fresh cod in French is ____.
3. What do humpback whales feed on?
4. In the quota system, groundfish are killed being hauled up do to _____.
(a) Pressure changes.
(d) Oxygen depletion.
5. "Clipper schooners" carried a lot of sail. Why were they dangerous?
(a) They weren't dangerous.
(b) They maneuvered poorly.
(c) They ran aground easily.
(d) They could not handle gale winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much Atlantic cod does Gorton's buy now?
2. Johann Sigurjonsson is _____ of the Marine Research Institute in Iceland.
3. To the British working class, fish means _____.
4. How long is it estimated that Canada's cod stocks will need to restore its cod population?
5. The twin ports of Hull and Grimsby are on the _____ River.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)