|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III - The Last Hunters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the British working class, fish means _____.
2. Where did the Moore family take the train to every morning to buy freshly-landed North Sea cod?
3. What was the French salt tax called?
(a) Franc sel.
(b) Sels tax.
4. What does "Hanse" mean in Middle High German?
(a) Higher power.
5. What was the original name of John Cabot?
(a) Hans Kabut.
(b) Jean Cabotte.
(c) Giovanni Caboto.
(d) Juan Cabota.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Cod Wars started in the middle of what other war?
2. What is it called when Norwegian farm cod are starved before they go to market to make their flesh whiter?
3. What is the name of the Jamaican Rum bottled in Newfoundland?
4. What replaced nylon in gill nets?
5. Clarence Birdseye was passing the winter in _____ when he discovered how to freeze food.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)