|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is an attorney?
2. What are Claudia and Jamie scouting for throughout the museum?
3. How many of Claudia's siblings are girls?
4. How will Jamie and Claudia carry their clothes?
5. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jamie's role as treasurer.
2. What could happen if Jamie is not so frugal with the money?
3. What word best describes the role at this point of Mrs. Frankweiler in this novel?
4. How does Jamie earn a lot of his money?
5. Describe Claudia's plan for hiding out in the museum.
6. What causes the sounds that Claudia hears as they are walking down the aisle of the bus?
7. Why doesn't Mrs. Frankweiler deliver her letter herself?
8. Why does Jamie pick the Italian Renaissance room?
9. Why does Jamie insist on walking?
10. How do the children acquire many of their lunches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jamie earned money by playing cards against his classmate on the bus. Make a judgment about this in an essay using information from the text and your own personal beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Claudia's feelings throughout the novel go up and down. Explain a time when you were going through a situation where your feelings changed as significantly as Claudia's did. Write about this time and draw comparisons to Claudia in the novel. Be sure to use both personal examples and examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Claudia had her reasons for running away at the beginning of the novel. Evaluate these reasons in an essay using both information from the novel and personal experience and beliefs.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)