|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
2. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
3. Which of the following words does not describe the bed where Claudia and Jamie plan to hide?
4. The angel mystery is which literary characteristic?
5. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the sounds that Claudia hears as they are walking down the aisle of the bus?
2. How is Claudia's desire to run away untraditional?
3. Which character does not want to walk to the museum?
4. How do the children acquire many of their lunches?
5. What genre would the prologue indicate this novel will be?
6. What could happen if Jamie is not so frugal with the money?
7. Explain why it is important for Claudia and Jamie to hide their belongings each morning.
8. Why does Jamie insist on walking?
9. What is the purpose of the prologue?
10. Why doesn't Mrs. Frankweiler deliver her letter herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you had access to all of the resources in the world, how would you have gone about trying to find the answer to who created the statue? Describe in very specific details the process you would go through.
Essay Topic 2
Jamie earned money by playing cards against his classmate on the bus. Make a judgment about this in an essay using information from the text and your own personal beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
Claudia had her reasons for running away at the beginning of the novel. Evaluate these reasons in an essay using both information from the novel and personal experience and beliefs.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)