|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
2. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
3. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
5. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jamie and Claudia hid on the bus?
2. Why does Jamie insist on walking?
3. How does Claudia want to get to the museum?
4. Why does Claudia believe she has to do the majority of the household chores?
5. Why does Claudia choose Wednesday to run away?
6. Why doesn't Mrs. Frankweiler deliver her letter herself?
7. What is the content of the letter Mrs. Frankweiler is sending?
8. Explain why it is important for Claudia and Jamie to hide their belongings each morning.
9. Why does the money make so much noise in Jamie's pocket?
10. What word best describes the role at this point of Mrs. Frankweiler in this novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing changes that occurred throughout the novel. The changes could be in the form of character changes, changes in beliefs, changes in knowledge, etc. Use specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how effective Claudia's plans were throughout the novel. Include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Claudia and Jamie were good at avoiding adults watching. Describe how good they were at this and why it seemed to work for most of the novel. Add your own personal experience to your essay, including a time where you were able to avoid an adult who was watching you in order to do something you were not supposed to do.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)