|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointed Claudia when they returned to Grand Central Station in the morning?
(a) Their parents begged them to come home in a letter
(b) There was no letter waiting for them
(c) The letter said they were wrong
(d) The police were waiting for them
2. Where did Claudia suggest the two children go after breakfast?
3. After three days, what did the children decide they were in need of?
(a) Answers to the statue mystery
(b) More food
(c) More money
(d) Clean clothes
4. Which of the following words best describes how Claudia felt after reading the letter from the museum director?
5. What was Jamie's plan for telling the museum?
(a) Leaving an anonymous note
(b) Write a letter
(c) Get an attorney
(d) Go to the head of the museum and tell him
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivered the letter to the museum director successfully?
2. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan on renting the post office box?
3. What did Claudia and Jamie do over lunch?
4. How much does the post office box cost for three months?
5. Which of the following reasons was not a reason why Claudia and Jamie were surprised at Mrs. Frankweiler's question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Claudia's first supposition as to how the mark was made would not be possible?
2. What does Jamie suggest Claudia could do to become a different person that she did not appreciate?
3. Why is Jamie happy after the bath in the fountain?
4. Why does Claudia decide they should go to the laundromat?
5. Where do the children store their clean clothes as they walk back to the museum?
6. What is the mark identified as?
7. What makes the chapel different from other areas of the museum?
8. How long do Claudia and Jamie have to solve the mystery?
9. What common bond do Jamie and Mrs. Frankweiler share?
10. What concerns Jamie while he waits in the bathroom?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)