|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mrs. Frankweiler tell the children the answer to the secret they were researching lie?
(a) In the museum
(b) In Italy
(c) In one of her files in a filing cabinet
(d) There was no answer to their question
2. How did Jamie know that the mark was related to Michelangelo?
(a) The mark spelled out MicheIangelo's name
(b) He remembered seeing it in a book
(c) He could read his name
(d) The museum sign said so
3. What were the children planning on doing at the museum on Sunday?
(a) Playing games
(b) Going to the library
(c) Examining the statue
(d) Going out for breakfast
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the children found to help them identify the statue?
(a) 3 ellipses with the letter M in the middle of one
(b) 3 ellipses with the letter M in the middle of each
(c) 3 circles with the letter M in each
(d) 3 concentric circles with the letter M in the middle of one
5. How did Claudia first think the mark had been made?
(a) Janitors beer cans
(b) Jamie made them by mistake
(c) The creator of the statue
(d) Water ring marks
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Frankweiler assure the children?
2. What disappointed Claudia when they returned to Grand Central Station in the morning?
3. What did Claudia take advantage of that Jamie did not?
4. Where did Claudia suggest the two children go after breakfast?
5. After the children reached the statue, what happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamie think of Claudia's plan?
2. Who does Claudia think could finally help solve the mystery?
3. Why is Jamie happy after the bath in the fountain?
4. Where must the mark be located on the statue?
5. How long do Claudia and Jamie have to solve the mystery?
6. Why doesn't Claudia want to return home?
7. Where does Jamie suggest they go Sunday morning?
8. What does Jamie suggest Claudia could do to become a different person that she did not appreciate?
9. What concerns Jamie while he waits in the bathroom?
10. What deal does Mrs. Frankweiler make with Claudia and Jamie?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)