|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT included in the letter from the museum director?
(a) Request to meet with them
(b) Thanking them for their suggestion about the clue
(c) Possibilities for the statue
(d) Thanking them for their interest
2. Which word could be used to describe the reactions of the children in the bathroom when the workers were late leaving?
(a) Dramatic irony
(b) Mental telepathy
3. How did Claudia first think the mark had been made?
(a) Jamie made them by mistake
(b) Water ring marks
(c) The creator of the statue
(d) Janitors beer cans
4. What was Jamie's plan for telling the museum?
(a) Go to the head of the museum and tell him
(b) Leaving an anonymous note
(c) Write a letter
(d) Get an attorney
5. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan on renting the post office box?
(a) Grand Central Station
(c) Museum Office
(d) Post Office
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answered the door when Claudia and Jamie ring the doorbell?
2. What did the children do after they finished at the laundromat?
3. What class came into the room where Claudia and Jamie were hiding?
4. Where did Jamie and Claudia hide?
5. After three days, what did the children decide they were in need of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What common bond do Jamie and Mrs. Frankweiler share?
2. Why is Claudia upset when she got out of the bath?
3. What makes the chapel different from other areas of the museum?
4. Why does Jamie become angry with Claudia when they are hiding in the Egyptian room?
5. What does Claudia hope to accomplish at the library?
6. What concerns Jamie while he waits in the bathroom?
7. Who does Claudia think could finally help solve the mystery?
8. What excuse can Jamie use when he delivers the letter?
9. What does Jamie suggest Claudia could do to become a different person that she did not appreciate?
10. What is Claudia's reaction to the director's letter?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)