|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the worker's move the angel statue?
(a) Normal Saturday events
(b) Reorganization of the museum
(c) A special exhibit
(d) Protection from theives
2. What did Mrs. Frankweiler assure the children?
(a) She would solve the mystery
(b) She would help them hide
(c) She would call their parents
(d) She would not turn them in
3. Why did the children not find much information at the first library?
(a) The books were too hard to read
(b) It was a small branch
(c) It was a children's library
(d) The books were written in Italian
4. Which of the following is the best description of what the children found to help them identify the statue?
(a) 3 ellipses with the letter M in the middle of each
(b) 3 concentric circles with the letter M in the middle of one
(c) 3 circles with the letter M in each
(d) 3 ellipses with the letter M in the middle of one
5. Which of the following is a reason Jamie gives for delivering the note in person?
(a) Direct communication with the director
(b) Reward money to use to get home
(c) Save cost of stamp
(d) Leave it on his desk when the museum is closed so they are not caught
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jamie's plan for telling the museum?
2. What disappointed Claudia when they returned to Grand Central Station in the morning?
3. Why do Jamie and Claudia leave the museum the next morning?
4. Where were Claudia and Jamie led after waiting for Parks to talk to Mrs. Frankweiler?
5. How much did it cost to tour the UN building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse can Jamie use when he delivers the letter?
2. How long do Claudia and Jamie have to solve the mystery?
3. What is the mark identified as?
4. What does Claudia hope to accomplish at the library?
5. Who does Claudia think could finally help solve the mystery?
6. Why is Claudia upset when she got out of the bath?
7. What makes the chapel different from other areas of the museum?
8. What concerns Jamie while he waits in the bathroom?
9. Why is Jamie uncomfortable with renting a post office box?
10. What does Jamie think of Claudia's plan?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)