|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jamie and Claudia go after leaving the UN?
(a) Back to Grand Central Station
(b) Back to their home
(c) Back to the museum
(d) Back to the library
2. What did Claudia and Jamie do over lunch?
(a) Discussed how to get the reward money
(b) Discussed how to save the statue
(c) Discussed how to get home
(d) Discussed how to notify the museum about the mark
3. How did Claudia first think the mark had been made?
(a) Water ring marks
(b) The creator of the statue
(c) Janitors beer cans
(d) Jamie made them by mistake
4. Where were Claudia and Jamie led after waiting for Parks to talk to Mrs. Frankweiler?
(a) The dining room
(b) The lab
(c) Mrs. Frankweiler's office
(d) The reception hall
5. What did Claudia do to Jamie to keep him from talking?
(a) Gag him
(b) Elbow him in the gut
(c) Clamp his head over his mouth
(d) Kick him in the knee
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first question that Mrs. Frankweiler asked the children?
2. Which word could be used to describe the reactions of the children in the bathroom when the workers were late leaving?
3. Which of the following literary terms is found in this chapter?
4. What covered the pedestal where the statue used to be displayed?
5. How did Jamie and Claudia know there was a school group getting ready to enter the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse can Jamie use when he delivers the letter?
2. What deal does Mrs. Frankweiler make with Claudia and Jamie?
3. Why does Claudia decide they should go to the laundromat?
4. Why does Claudia think it is important to stick with the post office box?
5. What makes the chapel different from other areas of the museum?
6. Why is Jamie uncomfortable with renting a post office box?
7. What concerns Jamie while he waits in the bathroom?
8. What two reasons does Jamie use to convince Claudia to follow his plan instead of her own?
9. Why do you think Claudia's first supposition as to how the mark was made would not be possible?
10. What is Claudia's reaction to the director's letter?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)