|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jamie think he could warn Claudia about the workers?
(a) Notes through the window
(c) Phone message
2. Why were the children surprised at the way Mrs. Frankweiler was dressed?
(a) She was wearing all white
(b) She had a painting smock over her clothes
(c) She was wearing a lab coat
(d) She was wearing all black
3. Which of the following is a reason Jamie gives for delivering the note in person?
(a) Reward money to use to get home
(b) Save cost of stamp
(c) Leave it on his desk when the museum is closed so they are not caught
(d) Direct communication with the director
4. What did the children do after they finished at the laundromat?
(b) Train station
5. What was the first question that Mrs. Frankweiler asked the children?
(a) If they wanted money from her
(b) If they had been living in the museum
(c) If they were the children missing from Greenwich
(d) What they were doing there
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words/phrases does NOT describe Mrs. Frankweiler's house?
2. What was Mrs. Frankweiler's house filled with that reminds Claudia and Jamie of the museum?
3. What tension was released during their bath time for the children?
4. This chapter contained which of the following literary devices?
5. How much money did Claudia and Jamie have left after traveling to Mrs. Frankweiler's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What common bond do Jamie and Mrs. Frankweiler share?
2. How long do Claudia and Jamie have to solve the mystery?
3. Why do you think Claudia's first supposition as to how the mark was made would not be possible?
4. What excuse can Jamie use when he delivers the letter?
5. Why does Claudia decide they should go to the laundromat?
6. Where must the mark be located on the statue?
7. Why is Jamie uncomfortable with renting a post office box?
8. What two reasons does Jamie use to convince Claudia to follow his plan instead of her own?
9. Why is Claudia upset when she got out of the bath?
10. What do Claudia and Jamie discuss before they go to bed?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)