|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the children do after they finished at the laundromat?
(d) Train station
2. What exciting thing did Jamie find while they were bathing?
(a) Extra food at the snack bar
(b) Loose change in the fountain
(c) Clean clothes
(d) Old newspaper
3. Why was Jamie upset while waiting in the bathroom?
(a) The workers found him in the bathroom
(b) Claudia was caught by workers
(c) The statue was being moved
(d) Workers didn't leave on time
4. What covered the pedestal where the statue used to be displayed?
(a) Blue cloth
(b) Blue felt
(c) Blue denim
(d) Blue velvet
5. From what country was their tour guide?
(c) United States
6. Where did Claudia and Jamie go once the museum opened?
(c) Children's library
7. What was Mrs. Frankweiler completing which Claudia and Jamie had to wait to be completed?
8. Which of the following questions is not answered in this chapter?
(a) Who is going to deliver the letter
(b) What is the purpose for delivering a letter
(c) What is written in the letter
(d) How the letter will be delivered
9. What was Mrs. Frankweiler's house filled with that reminds Claudia and Jamie of the museum?
(d) Filing cabinets
10. Why were the children surprised at the way Mrs. Frankweiler was dressed?
(a) She was wearing a lab coat
(b) She had a painting smock over her clothes
(c) She was wearing all white
(d) She was wearing all black
11. How did Jamie feel with Claudia when she would not let him talk to his classmates?
12. What dismayed Claudia at the library?
(a) The fact that she couldn't learn everything in one day
(b) The fact that Jamie couldn't read
(c) The fact that the books were too hard to read
(d) The fact that the children's library had no Michelangelo books
13. How much does the post office box cost for three months?
14. What disappointed Claudia when they returned to Grand Central Station in the morning?
(a) The letter said they were wrong
(b) Their parents begged them to come home in a letter
(c) There was no letter waiting for them
(d) The police were waiting for them
15. In what way do Jamie and Claudia decide to deliver the letter?
(b) Post office box
(d) Leave it on the desk when the museum is closed
Short Answer Questions
1. After three days, what did the children decide they were in need of?
2. Where did Claudia and Jamie take their baths?
3. When did the children decide they would begin their investigation?
4. What did the children find when they examined the pedestal?
5. How did Claudia first think the mark had been made?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)