|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Jamie anxious to go?
(b) Museum director
(d) Grand Central Station
2. Which of the following is a reason Jamie gives for delivering the note in person?
(a) Direct communication with the director
(b) Leave it on his desk when the museum is closed so they are not caught
(c) Save cost of stamp
(d) Reward money to use to get home
3. Why do Jamie and Claudia leave the museum the next morning?
(a) To rent a post office box
(b) To go to the library
(c) To write a letter to the director of the museum
(d) To head back home
4. Where did Jamie suggest they go instead of Claudia's suggestion?
(c) Chapel in museum
5. Why did the worker's move the angel statue?
(a) Normal Saturday events
(b) Reorganization of the museum
(c) A special exhibit
(d) Protection from theives
6. What did the children find when they examined the pedestal?
(a) An imprint from the bottom of the statue on the cloth
(b) A secret code to be decoded
(c) Michelangelo's signature
7. Which of the following is the best description of what the children found to help them identify the statue?
(a) 3 ellipses with the letter M in the middle of one
(b) 3 ellipses with the letter M in the middle of each
(c) 3 circles with the letter M in each
(d) 3 concentric circles with the letter M in the middle of one
8. Which of the following words/phrases does NOT describe Mrs. Frankweiler's house?
(d) In need of repair
9. Why was Jamie upset while waiting in the bathroom?
(a) The workers found him in the bathroom
(b) Workers didn't leave on time
(c) Claudia was caught by workers
(d) The statue was being moved
10. What did Claudia and Jamie do over lunch?
(a) Discussed how to save the statue
(b) Discussed how to notify the museum about the mark
(c) Discussed how to get the reward money
(d) Discussed how to get home
11. What was Jamie's job at the second library?
(a) Watching for guards
(b) Reading the newspapers
(c) Looking for pictures of the statue
(d) Reading about Michelangelo
12. Who answered the door when Claudia and Jamie ring the doorbell?
(b) Lab technician
(c) Mrs. Frankweiler
(d) Mrs. Frankweiler's attorney
13. Which of the following was NOT included in the letter from the museum director?
(a) Thanking them for their interest
(b) Thanking them for their suggestion about the clue
(c) Request to meet with them
(d) Possibilities for the statue
14. In which of the following rooms did Claudia and Jamie find a school group?
(a) Egyptian Room
(b) Italian Renassiance Room
(c) Mayan Ruin Room
(d) Arms and Armor Room
15. Why did Claudia and Jamie decide they could not deliver the letter themselves?
(a) They were afraid they'd be sent home
(b) They were afraid of the director
(c) They didn't know where the director's office was located
(d) They couldn't risk being recognized
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of this chapter, where did Claudia want to go?
2. What were the children planning on doing at the museum on Sunday?
3. When did the children decide they would begin their investigation?
4. What did the children do after they finished at the laundromat?
5. How did Jamie think he could warn Claudia about the workers?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)