|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
(a) It was cold in the museum
(b) They slept late and knew the museum would be opening
(c) They needed to get home
(d) They heard guards coming
2. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
3. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
(a) Central park
(b) Bus station
(d) Train station
4. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
(a) In the lockers in the children's museum
(b) In the lockers at the train station
(c) Behind the drapes of the poster bed
(d) Standing on the toilets
5. How many of Claudia's siblings are girls?
6. How much money does Jamie have?
7. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To find out more about the statue
(b) To see if she is reported missing
(c) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
(d) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
8. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(b) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(c) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(d) The viewpoint of the protangonist
9. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
(b) Mrs. Frankweiler
10. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
11. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
12. When did the children decide they would have to do their investigative work?
(a) During the afternoon
(b) In the morning
(c) They couldn't investigate because the lines were too long
(d) At night
13. Which of the following categories does a prologue fall under?
(a) Literary devices
(b) Literary terms
(c) Literary elements
(d) Literary techniques
14. Where does the bus driver take the bus after dropping the kids off at school?
(a) Another school
(b) A bus garage
(c) His house
(d) A lot where it sits all day
15. How much is the rebate for which Claudia mails in one of her letters?
(a) 10 cents
(b) 1 dollar
(c) 25 cents
(d) 75 cents
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claudia plan to leave the museum?
2. Where will Jamie and Claudia be hiding out?
3. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
4. Which of the following literary devices is the turning point of a story?
5. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)