|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words does not describe the bed where Claudia and Jamie plan to hide?
(c) 18th century
(d) 4 poster
2. Which of the following is the best definition for will as it is used in this prologue?
(c) Desires upon death
3. Which of the following words best describes how Jamie wants Claudia to feel in the Italian Renaissance room?
4. How old is Jamie?
5. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
(a) I spy
(c) Video games
6. What is the statue of?
7. Who must Claudia and Jamie hide from during the night?
(a) No one
8. How much is the rebate for which Claudia mails in one of her letters?
(a) 10 cents
(b) 75 cents
(c) 1 dollar
(d) 25 cents
9. Where does Jamie think he and Claudia will be hiding out before Claudia tells him the real place?
10. Which of the following is the author of this novel?
11. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 50 blocks
(b) 100 blocks
(c) 80 blocks
(d) 10 blocks
12. What grade is Claudia in?
13. How does Claudia plan to leave the museum?
(a) Front door
(b) Children's museum door
(c) Side door
(d) Back door
14. How does Mrs. Frankweiler plan to get the letter she is writing to where it is going?
(a) Chauffer delivery
(b) Attorney delivers it
(c) Self delivery
(d) Post office
15. Which of the following phrases best describes how Claudia feels about the amount of money Jamie has saved?
(c) Not enough
(d) Too much
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia want to do?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for mixed-up?
3. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
4. Which of the following categories does a prologue fall under?
5. Where did the statue come from?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)