|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
2. What does Claudia insist that she and Jamie do everyday?
(a) Make new friends
(b) Cover up their tracks and belongings within the museum
(c) Learn something new
(d) Read the newspaper
3. How many brothers does Claudia have?
4. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
(a) Behind a tapestry screen
(b) Under the bedspread of their bed
(c) In a sarcophagus
(d) Inside an urn
5. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
(a) Metropolitan Museum of Art
(b) Metropolitan Museum of Natural History
(c) Smithsonian Museum of Art
(d) Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
6. Which of the following words best describes how Claudia feels in her family?
7. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
8. Where do Claudia and Jamie sit on the bus on Wednesday morning?
(b) Opposite sides
9. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
(a) Bus station
(b) Train station
(c) Subway station
10. Which of the following is the best definition for will as it is used in this prologue?
(d) Desires upon death
11. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
12. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) They had to share a seat
(b) They were hiding
(c) Buses are usually uncomfortable
(d) There were not enough seats on the bus
13. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
14. Where will Jamie and Claudia be hiding out?
15. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(b) The viewpoint of the protangonist
(c) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(d) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie think he and Claudia will be hiding out before Claudia tells him the real place?
2. Which of the following is the author of this novel?
3. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
4. What does Claudia appoint Jamie to be?
5. Which of the following categories does a prologue fall under?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)