|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases best describes how Claudia feels about the amount of money Jamie has saved?
(a) Too much
(c) Not enough
2. Where will Jamie and Claudia be hiding out?
3. Which word best describes how Jamie and Claudia felt after their first day of their adventure?
4. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
5. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 10 blocks
(b) 80 blocks
(c) 100 blocks
(d) 50 blocks
6. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
7. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
8. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
9. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
(b) To see if she is reported missing
(c) To find out more about the statue
(d) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
10. Where does Claudia hide the plans for Jamie to find?
(a) On the bus
(b) In his drawer
(c) In his trumpet case
(d) Under his pillow
11. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(a) Left side
(d) Right side
12. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
13. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
(a) At the train station
(b) At the snack bar
(c) They didn't eat any food all day
(d) From a street vendor
14. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
(a) They heard guards coming
(b) They slept late and knew the museum would be opening
(c) They needed to get home
(d) It was cold in the museum
15. What is the statue of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Jamie have?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
3. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
4. Which of the following literary devices is the turning point of a story?
5. Who must Claudia and Jamie hide from during the night?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)