|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
2. Which of the following reasons can the reader assume leads Claudia to the belief that she is better than Jamie?
(a) She is female
(b) She does not believe she is better than Jamie
(c) She is older
(d) She planned better than he does
3. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
(a) Front door
(b) Back door
(c) Children's museum door
(d) Side door
4. Which of the following characters is an attorney?
(b) Mrs. Frankweiler
5. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
6. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
7. What is the statue of?
8. How does Jamie hope to find out who is the artist of the statue?
(a) Lifting fingerprints
(b) Reading the newspaper
(c) Researching it at the library
(d) Interviewing Mrs. Frankweiler
9. The angel mystery is which literary characteristic?
10. Where do Claudia and Jamie go on the train?
(a) Grand Central Station
(b) Bus station
(d) Museum of Art
11. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
12. Where do Claudia and Jamie sit on the bus on Wednesday morning?
(b) Opposite sides
13. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
14. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
(a) In the lockers in the children's museum
(b) Standing on the toilets
(c) Behind the drapes of the poster bed
(d) In the lockers at the train station
15. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the sound Claudia hears as she and Jamie are walking down the aisle of the bus to get off?
2. Which amount is close to the amount Jamie has saved from his allowance and his game playing?
3. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
4. Which word best describes how Jamie and Claudia felt after their first day of their adventure?
5. What does Claudia appoint Jamie to be?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)