|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
(a) They needed to get home
(b) They heard guards coming
(c) They slept late and knew the museum would be opening
(d) It was cold in the museum
2. What day of the week do Claudia and Jamie plan to run away on?
3. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
4. What does Claudia appoint Jamie to be?
(b) Map maker
(d) Compass leader
5. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
6. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
(a) Back door
(b) Front door
(c) Children's museum door
(d) Side door
7. What was their first order of business for the two children?
(a) Find food
(b) Find the train station
(c) Hide themselves
(d) Read the newspaper
8. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) They had to share a seat
(b) They were hiding
(c) Buses are usually uncomfortable
(d) There were not enough seats on the bus
9. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(b) Claudia's jacket
(c) Book Bags
(d) Instrument cases
10. How does Jamie hope to find out who is the artist of the statue?
(a) Lifting fingerprints
(b) Researching it at the library
(c) Interviewing Mrs. Frankweiler
(d) Reading the newspaper
11. How will Jamie and Claudia carry their clothes?
(a) Trumpet Case
12. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
13. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
(a) It was made of solid gold
(b) It might be a true Michelangelo
(c) It was quite old and cost $225
(d) Many people wanted to see it
14. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(a) Back by the front door
(b) The bathroom
(d) The snack bar
15. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
(a) Standing on the toilets
(b) In the lockers at the train station
(c) In the lockers in the children's museum
(d) Behind the drapes of the poster bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Claudia in?
2. Which of the following literary devices is the turning point of a story?
3. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
4. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
5. How old is Jamie?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)