|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
(b) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
(c) To find out more about the statue
(d) To see if she is reported missing
2. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
(b) Mrs. Frankweiler
3. Which of the following best describes the shift in the theme of the story during chapter four?
(a) From adventure of going to NYC to adventure of finding the answer about the statue
(b) From mystery of what NYC is like to mystery of the statue
(c) From adventure of getting to NYC to mystery of the statue
(d) From fiction to nonfiction
4. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(b) Left side
(c) Right side
5. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) There were not enough seats on the bus
(b) They had to share a seat
(c) They were hiding
(d) Buses are usually uncomfortable
6. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(a) Instrument cases
(b) Book Bags
(c) Claudia's jacket
7. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
8. Which word best describes how Jamie and Claudia felt after their first day of their adventure?
9. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
10. How many brothers does Claudia have?
11. How does Claudia plan to leave the museum?
(a) Front door
(b) Back door
(c) Children's museum door
(d) Side door
12. Which of the following characters is the bus driver?
13. What is the statue of?
14. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
(a) Walk to museum
(b) Get a taxi to the museum
(c) Spend some money
(d) Get a bus to the museum
15. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
(a) Bus station
(b) Train station
(d) Subway station
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
2. What day of the week do Claudia and Jamie plan to run away on?
3. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
4. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
5. Where does Claudia plan to run away to?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)