|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claudia plan to leave the museum?
(a) Back door
(b) Side door
(c) Children's museum door
(d) Front door
2. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
(a) They didn't eat any food all day
(b) At the train station
(c) From a street vendor
(d) At the snack bar
3. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) There were not enough seats on the bus
(b) Buses are usually uncomfortable
(c) They had to share a seat
(d) They were hiding
4. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
(a) Metropolitan Museum of Art
(b) Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
(c) Smithsonian Museum of Art
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Natural History
5. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
(a) Bus station
(b) Train station
(d) Central park
6. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
7. Which of the following reasons can the reader assume leads Claudia to the belief that she is better than Jamie?
(a) She planned better than he does
(b) She is female
(c) She is older
(d) She does not believe she is better than Jamie
8. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 80 blocks
(b) 50 blocks
(c) 100 blocks
(d) 10 blocks
9. When did the children decide they would have to do their investigative work?
(a) At night
(b) During the afternoon
(c) In the morning
(d) They couldn't investigate because the lines were too long
10. Which of the following is the best synonym for mixed-up?
11. What day of the week do Claudia and Jamie plan to run away on?
12. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
13. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
14. Which of the following categories does a prologue fall under?
(a) Literary devices
(b) Literary techniques
(c) Literary elements
(d) Literary terms
15. What does Claudia want to do?
(a) Visit the city
(b) Run away
(c) Have a new baby sister
(d) Move in with her grandmother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
2. How much money does Jamie have?
3. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
4. Where does Jamie think he and Claudia will be hiding out before Claudia tells him the real place?
5. How will Jamie and Claudia carry their clothes?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)