|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jamie?
2. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
(a) I spy
(c) Video games
3. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
(a) Pet Rock
4. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
(a) From a street vendor
(b) At the train station
(c) At the snack bar
(d) They didn't eat any food all day
5. Where do Claudia and Jamie go as the museum begins to close?
(a) Children's museum
(c) Poster bed with drapes
(d) Back to the train station
6. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
(c) Mrs. Frankweiler
7. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
(a) It was cold in the museum
(b) They heard guards coming
(c) They slept late and knew the museum would be opening
(d) They needed to get home
8. Which of the following words does not describe the bed where Claudia and Jamie plan to hide?
(b) 18th century
(d) 4 poster
9. How many brothers does Claudia have?
10. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(c) Right side
(d) Left side
11. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
12. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
(b) To see if she is reported missing
(c) To find out more about the statue
(d) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
13. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan to spend the night?
(b) Poster bed with drapes
(c) The train station
(d) Children's museum
14. What does Claudia insist that she and Jamie do everyday?
(a) Read the newspaper
(b) Cover up their tracks and belongings within the museum
(c) Make new friends
(d) Learn something new
15. Where does Jamie think he and Claudia will be hiding out before Claudia tells him the real place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
2. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
3. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
4. Which of the following best describes the shift in the theme of the story during chapter four?
5. How long do Claudia and Jamie wait before doing anything after the bus driver leaves the bus?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)