|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
(a) Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
(b) Metropolitan Museum of Natural History
(c) Metropolitan Museum of Art
(d) Smithsonian Museum of Art
2. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
3. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
(a) They heard guards coming
(b) They slept late and knew the museum would be opening
(c) It was cold in the museum
(d) They needed to get home
4. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
5. Where does Claudia plan to run away to?
(d) New York City
6. How does Jamie hope to find out who is the artist of the statue?
(a) Reading the newspaper
(b) Researching it at the library
(c) Interviewing Mrs. Frankweiler
(d) Lifting fingerprints
7. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
(b) Mrs. Frankweiler
8. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
(a) At the snack bar
(b) From a street vendor
(c) They didn't eat any food all day
(d) At the train station
9. What is the statue of?
10. What does Claudia insist that she and Jamie do everyday?
(a) Learn something new
(b) Make new friends
(c) Read the newspaper
(d) Cover up their tracks and belongings within the museum
11. Where does the bus driver take the bus after dropping the kids off at school?
(a) A bus garage
(b) A lot where it sits all day
(c) His house
(d) Another school
12. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(b) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(c) The viewpoint of the protangonist
(d) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
13. Where does Claudia hide the plans for Jamie to find?
(a) On the bus
(b) Under his pillow
(c) In his drawer
(d) In his trumpet case
14. Which of the following best describes the sound Claudia hears as she and Jamie are walking down the aisle of the bus to get off?
15. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
(a) Her siblings
(b) Getting poor grades in school
(c) Doing all of the chores
(d) Being grounded
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
2. How much money does Jamie have?
3. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
4. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
5. Where do Claudia and Jamie go as the museum begins to close?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)