|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
(b) Pet Rock
2. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
(a) Train station
(c) Central park
(d) Bus station
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(b) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(c) The viewpoint of the protangonist
(d) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
4. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
5. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
(d) Mrs. Frankweiler
6. Where do Claudia and Jamie sit on the bus on Wednesday morning?
(d) Opposite sides
7. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(c) Right side
(d) Left side
8. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
9. What does Claudia make Jamie promise to do once he has read her plan?
(a) Destroy it
(b) Burn it
(c) Put it in his trumpet case
(d) Hide it
10. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
(b) Video games
(d) I spy
11. Which of the following is the best choice to describe how Jamie felt about Claudia's mandate?
12. What is the statue of?
13. Which of the following categories does a prologue fall under?
(a) Literary techniques
(b) Literary terms
(c) Literary elements
(d) Literary devices
14. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(b) Claudia's jacket
(c) Book Bags
(d) Instrument cases
15. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
2. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
3. How many of Claudia's siblings are girls?
4. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan to spend the night?
5. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)