|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
(a) Mrs. Frankweiler
2. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(a) Right side
(c) Left side
3. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(a) Claudia's jacket
(b) Book Bags
(c) Instrument cases
4. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
5. Which of the following is the best definition for will as it is used in this prologue?
(a) Desires upon death
6. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(b) The viewpoint of the protangonist
(c) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(d) A short journey throughout a novel/story
7. Where does Claudia hide the plans for Jamie to find?
(a) In his drawer
(b) Under his pillow
(c) On the bus
(d) In his trumpet case
8. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
(a) Walk to museum
(b) Spend some money
(c) Get a bus to the museum
(d) Get a taxi to the museum
9. Where do Claudia and Jamie go as the museum begins to close?
(a) Poster bed with drapes
(b) Back to the train station
(d) Children's museum
10. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
11. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan to spend the night?
(b) Poster bed with drapes
(c) The train station
(d) Children's museum
12. Which word best describes how Jamie and Claudia felt after their first day of their adventure?
13. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
(b) Mrs. Frankweiler
14. Which of the following phrases best describes how Claudia feels about the amount of money Jamie has saved?
(b) Too much
(c) Not enough
15. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
2. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
3. Which of the following is the best choice to describe how Jamie felt about Claudia's mandate?
4. How much money does Jamie have?
5. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)