|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following phrases best describes how Claudia feels about the amount of money Jamie has saved?
(a) Not enough
(c) Too much
2. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
(c) I spy
(d) Video games
3. Which of the following is the best definition for will as it is used in this prologue?
(c) Desires upon death
4. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
(a) Inside an urn
(b) Behind a tapestry screen
(c) Under the bedspread of their bed
(d) In a sarcophagus
5. How does Mrs. Frankweiler plan to get the letter she is writing to where it is going?
(a) Post office
(b) Attorney delivers it
(c) Chauffer delivery
(d) Self delivery
6. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
(a) Many people wanted to see it
(b) It was quite old and cost $225
(c) It might be a true Michelangelo
(d) It was made of solid gold
7. Which of the following best describes the shift in the theme of the story during chapter four?
(a) From adventure of going to NYC to adventure of finding the answer about the statue
(b) From adventure of getting to NYC to mystery of the statue
(c) From fiction to nonfiction
(d) From mystery of what NYC is like to mystery of the statue
8. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 80 blocks
(b) 10 blocks
(c) 50 blocks
(d) 100 blocks
9. How does Claudia plan to leave the museum?
(a) Back door
(b) Side door
(c) Front door
(d) Children's museum door
10. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(a) Right side
(b) Left side
11. Where do Claudia and Jamie live?
(d) New York City
12. Where will Jamie and Claudia be hiding out?
13. Which of the following words best describes how Jamie wants Claudia to feel in the Italian Renaissance room?
14. Which of the following is the best choice to describe how Jamie felt about Claudia's mandate?
15. How much money does Jamie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
2. Where does Claudia plan to run away to?
3. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
4. How much is the rebate for which Claudia mails in one of her letters?
5. Which of the following reasons can the reader assume leads Claudia to the belief that she is better than Jamie?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)