|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices is the turning point of a story?
2. What does Claudia want to do?
(a) Run away
(b) Move in with her grandmother
(c) Visit the city
(d) Have a new baby sister
3. How much is the rebate for which Claudia mails in one of her letters?
(a) 10 cents
(b) 25 cents
(c) 75 cents
(d) 1 dollar
4. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The snack bar
(c) Back by the front door
5. What are Claudia and Jamie scouting for throughout the museum?
(a) A place to eat
(b) A place to make the change into bills
(c) A place to store their insturment cases
(d) A place to hide for the night
6. Which of the following best describes the shift in the theme of the story during chapter four?
(a) From mystery of what NYC is like to mystery of the statue
(b) From adventure of going to NYC to adventure of finding the answer about the statue
(c) From adventure of getting to NYC to mystery of the statue
(d) From fiction to nonfiction
7. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
(d) Pet Rock
8. Where does Claudia hide the plans for Jamie to find?
(a) In his trumpet case
(b) In his drawer
(c) On the bus
(d) Under his pillow
9. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
10. What grade is Jamie in?
11. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
(a) Bus station
(b) Subway station
(d) Train station
12. What was the main staple of food the children spent their own money on?
(b) Peanut butter crackers
(d) Hot dogs
13. What grade is Claudia in?
14. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
15. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
(a) Mrs. Frankweiler
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must Claudia and Jamie hide from during the night?
2. What was their first order of business for the two children?
3. Where do Claudia and Jamie go on the train?
4. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
5. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)