|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the protagonist in this novel?
(b) Mrs. Frankweiler
2. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
(b) To find out more about the statue
(c) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
(d) To see if she is reported missing
3. What was the main staple of food the children spent their own money on?
(a) Peanut butter crackers
(b) Hot dogs
4. What is the statue of?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Claudia feels in her family?
6. Which of the following is the best definition of file as used in the title of this novel?
7. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
(a) Doing all of the chores
(b) Getting poor grades in school
(c) Being grounded
(d) Her siblings
8. Which character does Jamie usually sit with on the bus ride home?
9. How will Jamie and Claudia carry their clothes?
(a) Trumpet Case
10. Which amount is close to the amount Jamie has saved from his allowance and his game playing?
11. How does Claudia plan on entering the museum the first time?
(a) Front door
(b) Side door
(c) Back door
(d) Children's museum door
12. Which of the following characters is the bus driver?
13. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
14. When did the children decide they would have to do their investigative work?
(a) At night
(b) In the morning
(c) During the afternoon
(d) They couldn't investigate because the lines were too long
15. Where do Claudia and Jamie go as the museum begins to close?
(a) Children's museum
(c) Back to the train station
(d) Poster bed with drapes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia want to do?
2. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
3. How old is Jamie?
4. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
5. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)