|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Jamie and Claudia felt after their first day of their adventure?
2. Where will Jamie and Claudia be hiding out?
3. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
4. How many brothers does Claudia have?
5. How does Claudia plan to leave the museum?
(a) Children's museum door
(b) Back door
(c) Side door
(d) Front door
6. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
7. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
8. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
9. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
10. Which of the following is the author of this novel?
11. What does Claudia make Jamie promise to do once he has read her plan?
(a) Hide it
(b) Put it in his trumpet case
(c) Burn it
(d) Destroy it
12. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 50 blocks
(b) 80 blocks
(c) 100 blocks
(d) 10 blocks
13. Which amount is close to the amount Jamie has saved from his allowance and his game playing?
14. Which of the following is the best choice to describe how Jamie felt about Claudia's mandate?
15. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
(b) Subway station
(c) Bus station
(d) Train station
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Claudia's siblings are girls?
2. What is the statue of?
3. What day of the week do Claudia and Jamie plan to run away on?
4. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
5. The angel mystery is which literary characteristic?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)