|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Claudia and Jamie sit on the bus on Wednesday morning?
(b) Opposite sides
2. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(a) Back by the front door
(c) The snack bar
(d) The bathroom
3. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
(d) Pet Rock
4. How old is Jamie?
5. How much money does Jamie have?
6. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(b) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(c) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(d) The viewpoint of the protangonist
7. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(a) Claudia's jacket
(c) Book Bags
(d) Instrument cases
8. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
(a) Under the bedspread of their bed
(b) In a sarcophagus
(c) Inside an urn
(d) Behind a tapestry screen
9. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
(a) Metropolitan Museum of Art
(b) Metropolitan Museum of Natural History
(c) Smithsonian Museum of Art
(d) Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
10. Which of the following characters is an attorney?
(a) Mrs. Frankweiler
11. When did the children decide they would have to do their investigative work?
(a) During the afternoon
(b) In the morning
(c) They couldn't investigate because the lines were too long
(d) At night
12. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
13. How long do Claudia and Jamie wait before doing anything after the bus driver leaves the bus?
(a) 8 min 2 sec
(b) 6 min 50 sec
(c) 8 min
(d) 7 min 45 sec
14. How does Claudia plan on entering the museum the first time?
(a) Children's museum door
(b) Side door
(c) Back door
(d) Front door
15. What does Claudia insist that she and Jamie do everyday?
(a) Make new friends
(b) Learn something new
(c) Read the newspaper
(d) Cover up their tracks and belongings within the museum
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Jamie and Claudia carry their clothes?
2. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
3. Which of the following literary devices is the turning point of a story?
4. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
5. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)