|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
2. How does Jamie hope to find out who is the artist of the statue?
(a) Researching it at the library
(b) Lifting fingerprints
(c) Interviewing Mrs. Frankweiler
(d) Reading the newspaper
3. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
(a) Get a taxi to the museum
(b) Get a bus to the museum
(c) Walk to museum
(d) Spend some money
4. Where do Claudia and Jamie go as the museum begins to close?
(a) Back to the train station
(c) Poster bed with drapes
(d) Children's museum
5. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(a) The snack bar
(c) The bathroom
(d) Back by the front door
6. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
7. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 80 blocks
(b) 100 blocks
(c) 50 blocks
(d) 10 blocks
8. What are Claudia and Jamie scouting for throughout the museum?
(a) A place to make the change into bills
(b) A place to hide for the night
(c) A place to eat
(d) A place to store their insturment cases
9. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
(a) Front door
(b) Back door
(c) Side door
(d) Children's museum door
10. Which of the following words best describes how Jamie wants Claudia to feel in the Italian Renaissance room?
11. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
(a) It might be a true Michelangelo
(b) Many people wanted to see it
(c) It was quite old and cost $225
(d) It was made of solid gold
12. Which of the following is the best synonym for mixed-up?
13. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
14. Which of the following is the author of this novel?
15. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
2. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
4. When did the children decide they would have to do their investigative work?
5. What was their first order of business for the two children?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)