|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudia want to do?
(a) Run away
(b) Move in with her grandmother
(c) Have a new baby sister
(d) Visit the city
2. Which of the following is the best antonym for prologue?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for mixed-up?
4. Who must Claudia and Jamie hide from during the night?
(c) No one
5. How old is Jamie?
6. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
(a) Doing all of the chores
(b) Being grounded
(c) Her siblings
(d) Getting poor grades in school
7. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
(a) Front door
(b) Children's museum door
(c) Side door
(d) Back door
8. Where does Jamie think he and Claudia will be hiding out before Claudia tells him the real place?
9. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(b) The viewpoint of the protangonist
(c) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(d) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
10. What day of the week do Claudia and Jamie plan to run away on?
11. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
12. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
13. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
14. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
(b) Pet Rock
15. How does Mrs. Frankweiler plan to get the letter she is writing to where it is going?
(a) Chauffer delivery
(b) Self delivery
(c) Post office
(d) Attorney delivers it
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
2. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
3. What does Claudia make Jamie promise to do once he has read her plan?
4. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
5. Which of the following is the author of this novel?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)