|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
(b) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
(c) To see if she is reported missing
(d) To find out more about the statue
2. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(a) Claudia's jacket
(c) Instrument cases
(d) Book Bags
3. What was the main staple of food the children spent their own money on?
(a) Peanut butter crackers
(b) Hot dogs
4. Which of the following is the best definition for will as it is used in this prologue?
(a) Desires upon death
5. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
(b) Video games
(c) I spy
6. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
7. Where does Claudia plan to run away to?
(d) New York City
8. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
9. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(b) Back by the front door
(c) The bathroom
(d) The snack bar
10. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
11. Which of the following words does not describe the bed where Claudia and Jamie plan to hide?
(a) 4 poster
(b) 18th century
12. How much is the rebate for which Claudia mails in one of her letters?
(a) 75 cents
(b) 25 cents
(c) 1 dollar
(d) 10 cents
13. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
14. What does Claudia make Jamie promise to do once he has read her plan?
(a) Burn it
(b) Hide it
(c) Put it in his trumpet case
(d) Destroy it
15. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
2. Which of the following is the best choice to describe how Jamie felt about Claudia's mandate?
3. What grade is Claudia in?
4. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan to spend the night?
5. Where did the statue come from?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)