|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Claudia and Jamie plan to spend the night?
(a) Children's museum
(b) The train station
(c) Poster bed with drapes
2. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
(a) In the lockers in the children's museum
(b) Behind the drapes of the poster bed
(c) In the lockers at the train station
(d) Standing on the toilets
3. How does Claudia plan to enter the museum the second time?
(a) Children's museum door
(b) Front door
(c) Back door
(d) Side door
4. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) A short journey throughout a novel/story
(b) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(c) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(d) The viewpoint of the protangonist
5. What day of the week do Claudia and Jamie plan to run away on?
6. Where do Claudia and Jamie sit on the bus on Wednesday morning?
(c) Opposite sides
7. Which amount is close to the amount Jamie has saved from his allowance and his game playing?
8. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
9. Which of the following words does not describe the bed where Claudia and Jamie plan to hide?
(b) 18th century
(d) 4 poster
10. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) Buses are usually uncomfortable
(b) They had to share a seat
(c) They were hiding
(d) There were not enough seats on the bus
11. How old is Jamie?
12. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
13. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
14. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
15. Which of the following best describes the sound Claudia hears as she and Jamie are walking down the aisle of the bus to get off?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Claudia and Jamie live?
2. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
3. How much money does Jamie have?
4. How many of Claudia's siblings are girls?
5. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)