|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes how Claudia feels in her family?
2. How does Mrs. Frankweiler plan to get the letter she is writing to where it is going?
(a) Post office
(b) Chauffer delivery
(c) Attorney delivers it
(d) Self delivery
3. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
(a) In the lockers at the train station
(b) Behind the drapes of the poster bed
(c) In the lockers in the children's museum
(d) Standing on the toilets
4. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
(c) Mrs. Frankweiler
5. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
6. How many of Claudia's siblings are girls?
7. The angel mystery is which literary characteristic?
8. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
(b) Train station
(c) Central park
(d) Bus station
9. Where is the Children's Museum door located?
(a) Right side
(b) Left side
10. Which of the following words is NOT a word which could be used to describe the statue?
11. When did the children decide they would have to do their investigative work?
(a) They couldn't investigate because the lines were too long
(b) In the morning
(c) During the afternoon
(d) At night
12. What does Claudia appoint Jamie to be?
(a) Compass leader
(d) Map maker
13. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
(a) From a street vendor
(b) At the snack bar
(c) They didn't eat any food all day
(d) At the train station
14. Which of the following best describes the shift in the theme of the story during chapter four?
(a) From mystery of what NYC is like to mystery of the statue
(b) From fiction to nonfiction
(c) From adventure of getting to NYC to mystery of the statue
(d) From adventure of going to NYC to adventure of finding the answer about the statue
15. Besides the money, what other item did Jamie choose to bring on the adventure?
(a) Pet Rock
Short Answer Questions
1. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
2. Why might the statue the children saw be worth much money?
3. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
4. How will Jamie and Claudia carry their clothes?
5. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)