|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The angel mystery is which literary characteristic?
2. Which of the following characters is an attorney?
(a) Mrs. Frankweiler
3. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
4. How does Claudia plan on entering the museum the first time?
(a) Side door
(b) Back door
(c) Children's museum door
(d) Front door
5. Which of the following is the author of this novel?
6. How many brothers does Claudia have?
7. Which of the following phrases best describes how Claudia feels about the amount of money Jamie has saved?
(b) Not enough
(d) Too much
8. Who must Claudia and Jamie hide from during the night?
(c) No one
9. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) They had to share a seat
(b) Buses are usually uncomfortable
(c) They were hiding
(d) There were not enough seats on the bus
10. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
11. Which of the following is the best definition for a prologue?
(a) The viewpoint of the protangonist
(b) A short chapter at the beginning of a novel/story
(c) A short chapter at the end of a novel/story
(d) A short journey throughout a novel/story
12. Which of the following words best describes how Jamie wants Claudia to feel in the Italian Renaissance room?
13. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
(a) Video games
(c) I spy
14. How were Claudia and Jamie sure to not be seen while the museum was being closed?
(a) In the lockers in the children's museum
(b) Standing on the toilets
(c) Behind the drapes of the poster bed
(d) In the lockers at the train station
15. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(a) The snack bar
(c) Back by the front door
(d) The bathroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia insist that she and Jamie do everyday?
2. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
4. Which of the following characters is the bus driver?
5. What does Claudia make Jamie promise to do once he has read her plan?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)