|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
(b) Train station
(c) Bus station
(d) Subway station
2. How many brothers does Claudia have?
3. What was their first order of business for the two children?
(a) Find food
(b) Hide themselves
(c) Read the newspaper
(d) Find the train station
4. Which of the following characters is an attorney?
(a) Mrs. Frankweiler
5. Which of the following is the best choice to describe how Jamie felt about Claudia's mandate?
6. How far is Jamie willing to walk to get to the museum rather than spending money?
(a) 50 blocks
(b) 100 blocks
(c) 80 blocks
(d) 10 blocks
7. Which museum will be where Claudia and Jamie stay in New York?
(a) Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
(b) Metropolitan Museum of Art
(c) Smithsonian Museum of Art
(d) Metropolitan Museum of Natural History
8. Which of the following best describes the sound Claudia hears as she and Jamie are walking down the aisle of the bus to get off?
9. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
10. To whom is Mrs. Frankweiler writing in the prologue?
11. Which of the following literary devices describes the main character?
12. What does the word merit mean as used to describe Claudia's views of Jamie's plan?
13. Where does the bus driver take the bus after dropping the kids off at school?
(a) His house
(b) A lot where it sits all day
(c) Another school
(d) A bus garage
14. Where does Claudia plan to run away to?
(c) New York City
15. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) They were hiding
(b) There were not enough seats on the bus
(c) They had to share a seat
(d) Buses are usually uncomfortable
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
2. Which word best describes how Jamie and Claudia felt after their first day of their adventure?
3. Which of the following best describes the shift in the theme of the story during chapter four?
4. Which of the following places was NOT an area where Claudia and James hid their belongings?
5. Which of the following literary devices describes the main idea of a novel?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)