|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is the narrator of this novel?
(c) Mrs. Frankweiler
2. What does Claudia make Jamie promise to do once he has read her plan?
(a) Destroy it
(b) Hide it
(c) Put it in his trumpet case
(d) Burn it
3. Who does Claudia tell her parents not to call in her letter?
4. Where do Claudia and Jamie go on the train?
(a) Grand Central Station
(b) Museum of Art
(d) Bus station
5. Which of the following words best describes how Jamie wants Claudia to feel in the Italian Renaissance room?
6. Why does Claudia want to buy a newspaper?
(a) To see if she is reported missing
(b) To keep her vow to learn something new every day
(c) To find out more about the statue
(d) To see why the lines in the museum are so long
7. Which of the following categories does a prologue fall under?
(a) Literary techniques
(b) Literary devices
(c) Literary terms
(d) Literary elements
8. What is the statue of?
9. Where did the statue come from?
(b) Another gallary in New York City
(c) Another museum
(d) Mrs. Basil Frankweiler
10. Where will Jamie and Claudia be hiding out?
11. What was their first order of business for the two children?
(a) Find food
(b) Find the train station
(c) Hide themselves
(d) Read the newspaper
12. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
13. Where did Claudia and Jamie eat on their first day of adventure?
(a) They didn't eat any food all day
(b) At the snack bar
(c) From a street vendor
(d) At the train station
14. What was the main staple of food the children spent their own money on?
(b) Hot dogs
(c) Peanut butter crackers
15. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases best describes how Claudia feels about the amount of money Jamie has saved?
2. What game does Jamie usually play on the bus on the way home?
3. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to hang out rather than where she has chosen?
4. How does Claudia plan on entering the museum the first time?
5. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)