Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George Martin describe as one of his biggest hurts, during the Pepper era?
(a) He was not invited to be on the cover of the "Sergeant Pepper" album.
(b) He and his first wife divorced.
(c) Paul McCartney found someone else to score "She's Leaving Home", because of a minor scheduling conflict.
(d) John Lennon found someone else to score "Day in the Life", because of a minor scheduling conflict.
2. Which Beatles movie was produced with no assistance from George Martin?
(a) "Sergeant Pepper".
(c) "Abbey Road".
(d) "A Hard Day's Night".
3. In what year did George Martin receive the Britannia Award for being the top British record producer of the past twenty-five years?
4. As described early in Chapter 8, what was one of the main reasons George Martin enjoyed working with the Beatles?
(a) He became a multi-millionaire.
(b) He earned the respect of his mentors.
(c) Their success allowed him to retire early.
(d) Their success won him artistic freedom.
5. How did the recording tape used at Capitol in 1958 differ from the tape used at Abbey Road?
(a) Capitol used quarter-inch tape to produce a two-track recording, while Abbey Road used half-inch tape to produce three tracks.
(b) Capitol used one-inch tape to produce a three-track recording, while Abbey Road used half-inch tape to produce two tracks.
(c) Capitol used half-inch tape to produce a three-track recording, while Abbey Road used quarter-inch tape to produce three tracks.
(d) Capitol used half-inch tape to produce a three-track recording, while Abbey Road used quarter-inch tape to produce two tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Martin's new business, AIR, is an acronym for what?
2. George Martin and his second wife, Judy Lockhart-Smith, attended the Beatles' fancy dress party for "Magical Mystery Tour" as what characters?
3. Why was George Martin shocked when he viewed "Crooks Anonymous", a film that he scored?
4. What was the first difference George Martin noticed at Capitol Studios in America, as compared to Abbey Road, as described in Chapter 8?
5. Which small American record label released "She Loves You" after Capitol Records refused?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)